Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Pettneu am Arlberg (St Anton)

Poster: A snowHead
I am staying in Pettneu next year - this was the nearest place to St Anton that we could find for a large weekend group. Does anybody have any experience of the village? We will probably head back in to St Anton each night, but interested to know whether their are any decent bars or restaurants in Pettneu, especially for a group that has already warmed up at the Mooserwirt. Any advice appreciated.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
It's quiet, but there's a decent pizza place and a cosy 'old man pub' which is nice for a few beers.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I think that the cosy "old man pub" maybe the one that we frequented and is owned and ran by an Olympic bronze medal winner, no less!

He was reluctant to talk about his achievement but photo's adorn the room.

We stayed in a lovely hotel called Schwarzer Adler, and it was fab. In house mini bus for transfers to and from St Anton.

It is very quiet and there were other bars but they were quiet too, but if there is a crowd of you do you need it busy?
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
It´s fairly quiet, but off the top of my head there´s La Luna which is a fairly decent Pizzeria & Harry´s Burger and Grill which is just opposite- have never eaten there but heard good things about it.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Ah, Pettneu...fond memories of ordering a wine bottle to share amongst three and finding out it's some sort of Magnum-size, at least one litre...then later asking for a jug of water, being presented with a second similar-sized wine bottle and for some reason agreeing to buy it, and then finishing it.... I'm sorry, what was the question again?
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Taught my son to ski there. And now they've torn down the lifts. Don't think those two events are connected. Anyway, it was a desperately quiet place back then so can't imagine how quiet it has got now. We bussed it into St Anton each night and Taxi'd back.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thanks to all for the replies.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
simo1234, great place, fast ski bus into town, you'll like its relative remoteness, we stay in St Jakob up the valley plenty times and like the fact that you can get some space from all the giddiness that St Anton offers! Many of the ski pros live/ stay in Pettneu, has a good vibe.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Pettneu thread ressurection!

Does anyone know the approx cost of taxis between Pettneu and St Anton? I'm planning a trip and would need to get a taxi to drop me at St Anton train station at about 6:45am when I check-out. This is before the bus service starts running I think.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@skidm, 12-15€
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
About that ^^. I think it was €10 at night when I was living there, but that was 2008. Will be no problem to get a taxi at that time though.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Sometimes resort taxi fares seem unreasonable, but those are fair. Nice one @Markymark29 and @clarky999.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@skidm, Make sure you book it, when you are there, they're all really reliable, Taxi Harry, Zangerl etc.

Anyone know the latest about Pettneu lifts, is the area open again or are lifts still geschlossen?
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@Markymark29, DAS SKIGEBIET IST DERZEIT NICHT GEÖFFNET
http://www.bergfex.at/pettneu/

Schade!
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Aside from the fact that the lifts no longer operate it's a great place to stay if the hubub of St.A gets a bit much for you, which it deffo does for me. We always stay at the Hotel Gridlon, which ain't the cheapest option, but has great food, great rooms and has a shuttle bus to drive you back and forth between St.A and Pettneu. Recommended.
latest report
We had a great time in Pettneu. Although it is a few miles from St Anton, the bus service is very good and you can be on the Nassereinbahn or Galzigbahn within about 15 minutes of leaving the hotel, which is arguably quicker walking through St Anton town from many hotels/chalets. Cannot remember the name, but the bar mentioned above that is run by the ex-Olympic served our purposes well. The bus ran pretty late, although to be honest, post-Mooserwirt, we were a little too frazzled to try comprehending the timetable so Euro15 taxis were welcome!

My view is that Pettneu works well for people looking for a quieter holiday or those prepared to stay in St Anton for an elongated apres-ski, rather than heading back to Pettneu post-ski before returning to St Anton for dinner.
snow report
@Steilhang, @simo1234, Same as St Jakob, where we stay at least one week a season as a chilled out 4* treat.....we called in at Hotel Alpine in Pettneu for a coffee when mountainbiking last sumemr and liked the look of it, going to give it a shot next season.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy