Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

schladming info please.

Poster: A snowHead
just booked to go to schladming in early jan . not been before . been to mayrhofen for the last 4 year but need a change . staying at the hotel stadttor . any info would be helpfully . searched the internet but the schladming website isn`t the best . searched on here too but nothing up to date . im snowboarding , happy on most reds/easy blacks and my mate will ski anything . tim .
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
What info are you looking for exactly? As far as skiing is concerned, rather then Schladming web, check Ski amade web (http://www.skiamade.com/en/winter).
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
thanks , will have a look . we are half board , so not to bothered about the best resaurants . any recommendations
for a good bar .
any live music. in mayrhofen there was a singer in the strass sports bar every night. we are 46 and 56 , so wont be
raving til 3am Shocked
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
There is a huge apres bar opposite the gondola where most people seem to go. Typical Austrian. Hence smaller places on the main square seemed quiet, but we did not look for much apres or nightlife to be honest.
Restaurant on the top of gondola had some live music during a week as well. Around 3pm then you ski back.
Runs excellent on all 4 mountains, although the connections not perfect so I would say better to stick to one or two for a day rather then try to do them all in one day.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Check this thread
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
http://www.tenne.com/schladming-tenne.html
http://www.planai.at/winter/en/Home.html
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
thanks hut to hut . that what i was looking for . i did search this forum but must have missed that thread . rolling eyes am i right in thinking you dont get many brits going to schladming?
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Not as many Brits as other Austrian places, but getting more popular. Try and keep quiet about it, we don't want everyone to go Very Happy
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Its great !! good skiing and Tenne bar at end is proper cheesy Austrian après on a BIG scale.
I like Reiteralm best but all the mountains are good.
If the weather allows ,go up to the glacier for a day.
Agree with huttohut,for websites try Planai,at and Der Dachstein
You will have a great time .......
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
It is one of the major destinations of Ski Amade and a popular venue for competition.

The bit that stands out in my memory is a toilet at the top called "Sky toilet" so watch out for droppings when you are at the bottom of the mountain . rolling eyes
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
had a few hols there great place .. and always had good snow... very village feel to it Very Happy
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I'll be nearby from the 2nd full week in Jan too. Schladming has fantastic skiing and also links in with other areas so you get a lot of mileage. Some stunning easy off piste too.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Avalanche Poodle, shhhhhh
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
thank AP . i read there wasn`t much offpiste in schladming . so wheres the place to head for ? Very Happy
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
You need a special password wink
snow report
please Laughing
snow conditions
if you dont tell me i will hunt you and waynos down and drown you in jagermiester Shocked
ski holidays
I know where it is too, Waynos showed me wink looks smugly at tim
FFS, Avi Poodle……don´t even mention Z********* or I won´t dig ya out of any more holes Twisted Evil
Actually, drowning in Jäger sounds pretty cool, I could be tempted to tell Little Angel
ski holidays
tim000, just turn left at Albuquerque....
ski holidays
flangesax,are you up for a ski in "The Place That Shall Not Be Named" on Sunday?
snow report
I'm in Treviso nursing a hangover then watching the Pro12 Rugby against Leinster.... Rugby mini-tour! Match on Saturday in Italy Tyrol and then watching 'real' rugby the next day!... bit different from making awesome fresh tracks in the incoming dump!

Tap up the mrs... !!
snow report
flangesax, you are a lightweight!
I have LBs graduation ball this weekend, will be epic……..
blowing our skiing for Rugby……what the F?
Yeah, me and Ange gonna rock out our Onesies, you are missing out!
snow report
tim000, We will give you some special clues, very difficult to solve. I may be available for guiding at only €762 per hour. We'll have to ski you blindfolded until you are in the forest though.

kooky, You were the one in the hole, mine was more of a ditch Shock
ski holidays
can someone get the tap out please....
ski holidays
Skied Schladming quite a few times. Great ski area and infrastructure. Have not been there for 4 years but agree there are only a few Brits that go there. Very popular with Hungarians and Slovaks if I remember correctly. Heiber the mountain to the far left was my favourite.
snow conditions
5 weeks to go . is it too early to start packing? Shocked
ski holidays
tim000, Are you wearing your ski boots to bed yet?
snow report
tim000, time for a bit more research.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
We are looking at booking Schladming too for the week from the 4th Jan, but there do not seem to be many TO options, just seems to be Crystal/Thomson, has anyone seen any other TO options? Currently looking at Sporthotel Royer, has anyone stayed there?
snow report
we booked with crystal . £704 for H/B inc lift pass and ski/board carrage . hottel staddtor.
ski holidays
Avalanche Poodle wrote:
tim000, Are you wearing your ski boots to bed yet?

sorry , im from the dark side . nice comfy snowboard boots for me . like walking in slippers Very Happy
latest report
tim000, I have touring boots too Wink
snow report
Quote:

im from the dark side

cancel your booking immediately and go to France, where you'll feel welcome and appreciate the great value on offer in that high altitude snowsure country Very Happy
ski holidays
Allow me to translate... "F**k off my lines!" hehehe
ski holidays
a disturbance in the force there is Shocked
snow report
anyone know if there is a climbing wall in schladming ?
ski holidays
tim000 wrote:
anyone know if there is a climbing wall in schladming ?
There is one but not sure is open to the public. It's in the grounds of Tauernhof near the Planet Planai gondel station in town, it's outside. You could try contacting them http://www.torchbearers.org/centres/Tauernhof_Austria.
snow conditions
There's one towards Salzburg, also http://www.holidaycheck.de/hotel-Urlaubsbilder_ROBINSON+Club+Amade-ch_ub-hid_80025.html?action=detail&mediaId=1163742297

der Kletterhalle
http://youtube.com/v/HM-sWi6a6Ek

These are the only large ones I could find https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=Kletterhalle+radstadt&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a&gws_rd=cr&ei=SoOvUvPRCYnF7Aasq4A4
snow conditions
tim000, Just bring ice kit Smile
ski holidays
waynos, Cheers, I'll check that out too.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy