Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Leeds girl 34 yrs looking for a male ski partner to share room and ski!

Poster: A snowHead
NickyJ wrote:
Pedantica wrote:
Incidentally, since when is someone of the age of 34 a 'girl'?

Personally I still think of myself as a girl, though I am a few years older than 34. Also back when I was allowed to play hockey, tended to refer to the my teams mates a girls as well depsite their age ranges being anything from 14 to 60.

That's just a middle class thing.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Yorkshire girls know how to enjoy themselves.

The fun starts @ 00:39

http://youtube.com/v/RP_4AHgbXJ4
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Personally I think the only remotely offensive posts in this thread are the ones about Yorkshire. wink
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Not sure anyone is looking for love. Just for someone to bend ze knees with.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Do dyslexic Yorkshiremen wear cat flaps?
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Quote:

go back to the forum I used last year and successfully found a ski partner

Can't help thinking that ths must be an interesting place. Something the SCGB forum is good for?
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
DB wrote:

Literally laughed out loud Laughing
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Quote:

Laughing

Thinking again about the criticisms of the lack of "welcome" for the OP I don't think any of the posts about her were "judgemental", meaning implying any moral disapproval of the request. But there have been a few judgemental "tut tuts" about some of the responses.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
pam w, indeed.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Boys, you may have missed out. Apparently this is what a flouncing fish looks like:

flouncing fish
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
To be honest I can't work out if Snow fish is a troll/fake or real but can't resist getting the Yorkshire jokes in.

If real then good on her for knowing and stating what she wants without worrying about "what the neighbours will say". Makes sense that Snow fish wants to meet the guy before so she can weed out the axe murderers, mummy's boys, Bradford City supporters, Brad Pit / George Clooney look-a-likes etc. Also makes sense that Snow fish should post here, skiing is expensive so there can't be that many skiers in Yorkshire.
(Copper wire was invented during an argument in which two Yorkshire men were arguing over a penny wink )
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
DB, Are you for real?'
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Thought that would bring out the Yorkshire lads Toofy Grin
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
there's such a thing as flogging a dead horse...
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
DB wrote:
Not bad Smile
ps, DB No probs with the Yorkshire "jokes", we understand, it happens all the time, its a bit like insulting the girl you were really mad about at school. Wink
ski holidays
Just a bit of neighbourly banter (born in Lancashire meself).
ski holidays
Lmfao
snow report
DB wrote:
(born in Lancashire meself).

Hard luck, wrong side of the pennines
snow conditions
Do Yorkshire airlines fly to any ski locations?

http://youtube.com/v/6VLYpKGVBUg

Couldn't help it...
snow report
I have just one question. What happened to the guy from last year?
ski holidays
Mistress Panda, I asked that too...
snow conditions
queen bodecia, http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-24998049
latest report
Can't help thinking that she was more offended that after 3 pages of replies, nobody took her up on her generous offer!

Personally I am massively impressed that so few found the offer attractive...nobody on here is prepared to risk sacrificing good ski time for a good time.

I'm sorry she took the hump, so to speak.
snow report
Strax, perhaps if she had posted her vitals and a full-length pic she may have garnered more takers.
snow conditions
Strax, maybe because this isn't a dating website and the vast majority of users here are partnered and/or way over 40...
snow report
Strax, perhaps there were a lot of takers who decided to use the PM system to avoid their wife seeing it.
latest report
Loved the Hale & Pace skit.
ski holidays
think this explains all
http://youtube.com/v/jY4tD2Hbg_A
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Snowfish

I would consider sharing a room with you without meeting up as long as we speak to each other on the phone and get on reasonably well. I'm going on holiday for loads of skiing and a bit of nightlife over the New Year period. I'm reasonably flexible on flight departure locations as far south as Manchester/Liverpool. Send me an email on m.fleming01@btinternet.com for future correspondence. I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Mark
ski holidays
m.fleming01@btinternet.co wrote:

"Snow fish"

I 'm interested and really like Val d'Isere skiing and nightlife. I spent two seasons working there for a tour operator in the 1990's and was last in the Espace Killy in February 2013 in Tignes. I'm looking to go away for the New Year week. I'm living in Aberdeen and we could either meet up in Aberdeen or Leeds for a weekend to see how we get on in advance of potentially sharing a room.

Regards

Mark

Snowfish

I would consider sharing a room with you without meeting up as long as we speak to each other on the phone and get on reasonably well. I'm going on holiday for loads of skiing and a bit of nightlife over the New Year period. I'm reasonably flexible on flight departure locations as far south as Manchester/Liverpool. Send me an email on m.fleming01@btinternet.com for future correspondence. I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Mark

Third time lucky perhaps Puzzled Embarassed wink
snow report
cockofthenorth,
Brilliant
snow report
m.fleming01@btinternet.co, if you leave your email address in this manner you might get a whole lot of other offers.....
snow conditions
andyman wrote:

Mark

Snowfish

I would consider sharing a room with you without meeting up as long as we speak to each other on the phone and get on reasonably well. I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Mark

Third time lucky perhaps Puzzled Embarassed wink

hmmm.... strains of desperation???
latest report
Can we please make sure we keep thread going in the manner of the "snowhead down" one with progress updates etc. It would would interesting to see if there's a happy ending.
ski holidays
Quote:

It would would interesting to see if there's a happy ending

Tarquin, steady now
snow conditions
It would would interesting to see if there's a happy ending
[/quote]

What, like an 80's coffe advert? Excellent.
ski holidays
SkiG wrote:
DB wrote:

Literally laughed out loud Laughing

is it possible to laugh out loud in any other way?
latest report
Quote:

SkiG wrote:

DB wrote:

Literally laughed out loud

is it possible to laugh out loud in any other way?

I urge caution before using "PMSL" or indeed "LMFAO"
snow report
I'm looking to find a solo skiier here that would like to take my friends place. she has a new job and can no longer travel with us. This is the run down of the holiday.

booked in August through Inghams.

5th - 12th Jan 2013, Alpe d'Huez, flying from Stanstead.

room 6 (Twin room) sharing with me in Chalet Pregentil. 2 minutes walk to the lifts. Room 5 is a double (My Stepdad and mother) and we have our own floor in the chalet with a small living room, balcony, our own bathroom in the chalet (with a tub).

All inclusive. Catered chalet, breakfast, light lunch and evening meal (including wine). So, no trudging to the expensive supermarket or washing up dishes, or climbing over people on a sofa bed in the night to get to the bathroom. There is a sauna and the chalet is in the centre of town.

Also included, lift pass, intermediate standard skis poles and boots, all transfers etc.

We paid 890 pounds each and are looking for someone to come up with 600.

I am an Actor/Dancer/Singer, 34, and my Step father is a stage manager. He is an advanced skiier, I'm beginner/intermediate and my dear mum will probably only ski 2 or 3 days for a couple of hours. She didn't even book a lift pass because she'll just do the bunny slopes where you don't need a pass. I want to get up early and have a decent breakfast and get the most out of the day, but you will find me in the bars every now and then aswell. Matthew and Lesley will probably hang out in the chalet most nights and drink wine and chat with the other guests.

Here is a link to the Chalet and resort alpe d'Huez.

http://www.inghams.co.uk/ski-holidays/hotels/item344221/chalet-pregentil/

http://www.alpedhuez.com/en/winter

Any further info, please write to me or post something in the thread.

davidlake@hotmail.com
ski holidays
David. Suggest you might take your email address off and use the PM facility, you are liable to get spammed.

Welcome to SH btw, hope you get sorted.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy