Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Araba -- new lift ??? :D

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I do hope this hasn't already been posted !!!

While reading the thread on the new Selva dantercepies lift, I followed a link and came across this:--

http://www.funivie.org/cantieri/thumbnails.php?album=331

A new lift being constructed in the Arabba area - just not sure where Vauz/La Viza (any one got an idea????)
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Between Arabba and the Pordoi Pass I think?
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Kinda...

From the bottom of the "Fodom" chairlift (that takes you up towards Pordoi), and where you had to take skis off to cross the road on the long flat blue back to Arabba. Going up to somewhere on the Portovescovo side, so lets you skip part of the really flat bit of blue back to Arabba.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Ok Andy sounds right

but to partly answer my own question .................!

with help from bing translate

"...In building the new chairlift to Pordoi pass that will reach the Portavescovo without having to cross the highway. From "Pont de Vauz" leads to the departure of the chairlift "Carpazza", opened last winter....."

from the link below

"...With the new six-seater chair lift, skiers coming down from the pass Pordoi can be transported, flying over the road, to the "La Viza" area, and then to Arabba. The skier will have two options: either go down the "Salere" slope, or the slope "Alpenrose" that will bring again to Pont de Vauz....."

http://www.dolomitisuperski.com/en/arabba/service/dolomiti-updates/news/lift-pont-de-vuaz---la-viza_n184444
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Is it shown on this piste map, link here. A short lift from Pont de Vauz towards Porta Dos, labelled 4.

http://www.dolomitisuperski.com/skimap-2013-14/pan_arabba_marm.pdf

Can't see that it would be much use.
snowHead

Edit: Oops, the 4 relates to the piste not the lift. Embarassed

Last edited by Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do. on Sun 17-11-13 10:37; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Skips the flattest bit, and saves crossing a road. Boarders will be a bit happier.
Was hoping it would end up high enough to access the other new lift that opened last year, but it's difficult to see how far it goes from the (completely warped) ski map perspective.

edit: and by looking at openstreetmap and google satellite view, it looks like it must end up almost there. Difficult to tell.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
It would make a lot of sense if the new lift connected to last years new lift Carpazza as this would mean people coming from the Pordoi would be able to get to the Marmalada without going into Arabba. There was no mention of this in the information provided so is probably not the case. Will have to wait until the season starts and some one takes a look.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
riverman, that's what I thought but as you say it seems not to be the case. Anyway I will be starting from Arabba again so don't really mind. Razz
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
riverman wrote:
It would make a lot of sense if the new lift connected to last years new lift Carpazza as this would mean people coming from the Pordoi would be able to get to the Marmalada without going into Arabba. There was no mention of this in the information provided so is probably not the case. Will have to wait until the season starts and some one takes a look.

From my post above

"...In building the new chairlift to Pordoi pass that will reach the Portavescovo without having to cross the highway. From "Pont de Vauz" leads to the departure of the chairlift "Carpazza", opened last winter....."

Smile Wink
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
riverman wrote:

I have just been looking at the 3d map of arabba, and the new lifts are now showing. The Alpenrose finishes just above the Carpazza, (boarders will love missing the 'flatties' into Arabba ! )

link to page -- you have to download 3d map to see full version

http://www.dolomitisuperski.com/en/dolomiti-superski/weather-slopes/skimap
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy