Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Tried them at the milton keynes Ski test -I want those skis!

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi All,

I took part in the Milton Keynes Ski test event on Saturday 28th of September. Did anyone else go that day? I am calling on the ladies, I am looking for the details of a certain pair of skis.....

All the skis were barcoded and the details of the ski sent to us via txt. I no longer have the text details so I am hoping a fellow Snowhead might have it.

The skis were ladies - On piste ski. Colour silver, plain with no graphics and a small badge/sheild emblem in the centre of the ski shaft. They were a classic style ski (not twin tip) with a more pointed tip and flattened back end. They were basedon a design of a race ski and had a central 'stiff' section that was either carbon fibre or titanium (or something)......

Can any of the ladies recall this? The skis were stored near the farthest end rack near/next to the very wide 'off-piste' skis from Amarda. There were to lovely chaps sorting the skis and the slightly shorterguy recommended I try them.

I have no idead what they were and i am desperate to find them as I dont think i can ever forget them! The ride was great, smooth, responsive and a very classic style for skiing.

Can anyone help?

Thanks
Toeni. Xxxxx
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Toeni, you mean Kneissls? Blue Stars are silver with a simple logo in the centre:

Their performance matches what you've described.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Quote:
as I dont think i can ever forget them!

Does anyone else see the irony in this? Laughing
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I do now Very Happy
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Lol! Oh yes! ..... Shame, i did forget a name but i will never forget a good ride! Wink wink!
Mistress Panda -it could be, but i know the kneissl brand and i didnt recgnise them as that at the ski tedt, were you there?

I was the lady with the bright yellow salopettes.....
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
They were more of a blue/silver colour resin and not chrome, stainless etc..... With no name/brand or graphics. The only detail was a very smalll badge/crest about where the "K" is on the above picture..... They may have been Amarda but im not sure....
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Toeni, have just realised that you are talking about the first ski test, not the second. Not sure if Kneissl were there for that one, but they could have been. The skis beyond the Armadas were Line I think, but that doesn't really fit with the race/classic shape you describe. Maybe Atomic? You could always ask Admin, there was a complete list of all the skis somewhere on here, worth a look or PM perhaps.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Toeni, I can't see that EB sell all of these but of the brands that were there, any of these?
http://www.blizzard-ski.com/int/products/detail/product/show/viva-77-iq.html
http://www.nordica.com/uk-ireland/products/cinnamon-girl-evo/
http://www.rossignol.com/GB/GB/temptation-82_RACEJ03_product_alpine-women-skis-all-mountain-all-snow.html
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Toeni wrote:
Hi All,

I took part in the Milton Keynes Ski test event on Saturday 28th of September. Did anyone else go that day? I am calling on the ladies, I am looking for the details of a certain pair of skis.....

The skis were ladies - On piste ski. Colour silver, plain with no graphics and a small badge/sheild emblem in the centre of the ski shaft. They were a classic style ski (not twin tip) with a more pointed tip and flattened back end. They were basedon a design of a race ski and had a central 'stiff' section that was either carbon fibre or titanium (or something)......

The skis were stored near the farthest end rack near/next to the very wide 'off-piste' skis from Amarda. There were to lovely chaps sorting the skis and the slightly shorterguy recommended I try them.

I'm struggling to think what they might be. It doesn't match your description but based on what you wrote it isn't that far off http://armadaskis.com/product/skis/ltd-series/triumph/
It is a twin shape but it's Armada's piste ski with a metal construction, quite stiff mid section, directional flex and very plain graphic (with a shield) - plus the guys from Armada at that test were very charming!

I'll keep racking my brain.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I'm a chap and was at Tamworth but am pretty sure I saw the skis you mean though can't remember what they were either sorry! Think there was a range in different sizes, lengths and I think colours in the same shape and it was from one of the mainstream brands rather than someone like Armada or Whitedot. At Tamworth they were either on the same rack as or next to rack as the Head i-titans. The tip reminded of BBR though a bit more subtly done.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Bit of digging through the Tamworth thread and I think the ones I saw were Dynastar Chams. Certainly have the shield but can't see any plain silver ones on the Dynastar website.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Thanks guys, I am still hoping that ADMIN might be able to give me the info from the bar coding system.
I am a huge fan of Amarda skis (thanks to the first MK ski test) and will look into the pair suggested,
Also the Dynastar set.... Thanks again. Less than two weeks until the PSB so need to get hunting!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy