Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski reviews

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hello, I've been trawling through the internet in search of skis. I come across a set i like and i try and get some reviews so if testing isn't an option i have an idea what im getting. However i've found it very hard to find reviews let alone good ones. So (not sure if a thread exists already for this) maybe this thread could be used for a general ski review. If you've got a set you've really enjoyed and may not be so known and want to recommend them, or even you've got a few terrible ones and want to warn others away then write them down here!
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Pi, I think you would have more look posting up what you know of the ski's you've found. If you can't find any info on them it suggests you've either got the name wrong or they are obscure and to be avoided.

I just don't think one thread trying to cover all ski reviews will fly, sorry. Besides which it doesn't help you with your immediate problem. Just my 2p worth.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Layne, I am inclined to agree with you. But i'm not looking for people to give me advice or reviews for what I was after. Just a general thread for people wanting to talk about their skis. Not sure if it will or won't work out!
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Skis reviews are quite hard to interpret, what is a rubbish ski for someone could be great for someone else due to differences in height, weight, ability and terrain skied. Rating your own ability is so subjective as well, one persons expert is another's intermediate holiday skier. I like to read reviews of skis but I try to do a bit of interpreting as well, based on other skis I've skied and the reviewers stats. I really like Blister for reviews but they are mainly focused on off piste skis so not great if you are looking for piste skis. I think the most useful thing is to look for similarities in skis you have liked or disliked and then use that to guide future ski choices.

I also agree with Layne, I've never really had any problem finding at least a few opinions on skis I fancy, Epic ski, TGR, SkiDiva and loads of other random places where people are happy to talk about their opinions of skis. This is probably the only ski forum that doesn't seem to have regular reviews of skis posted, no idea why?
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
FWIW, here's a review I did of Movement Thuders a while back...

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=63707&highlight=
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Doesn't the Equipment Reviews forum provide the opportunity to review/ask questions about skis?
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy