Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Arnisal in March

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I know it will be a bit small resort wise for my level but I'm going to be tagging along with a group to Arnisal in March, has anyone been at this time of year? Any recommendations for restaurants or area's to visit?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
unsubtlewoods, well worth going over to Pal, assuming the cable car link is operating (prone to closure in high winds). I'd also recommend trying Arcalis - its higher with more challenging terrain. Accessible by bus.

There used to be (and may well still be) a great Argentinian restaurant/bar by the base station main lift out of Arinsal - amazing value and great food/service.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
That all sounds promising! I've heard Arcalis being recommend before. Cheers!
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
The reps run a trip to Soldeu one day every week (I think its on a Thursday), you get transport and a day ski pass. One of the very few travel rep excursions I would recommend.
If you are getting the free bus to Arcalis you can avoid the bun fight when it stops to pick up by the gondola by getting off the ski bus at the Hotel Crest at the top of the village. This is the first pick up point of two, the second being by the gondola.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Sadly the reps trip to Soldeu is no more - didn't run it last winter, although free bus to Arcalis is still going and still free, and still a bun fight, although highly recommended. Linked to Arinsal is Pal, and if you head over there you'll find some great natural moguls as wel as rus through the trees and off piste terrain.

As Cacciatore says great steaks at the bottom of the gondola - that's Surf restaurant, although another to try is Pampa at the top of the village, again Argentinian steaks. Elsewhere, try Cisco's Mexican which is just about opposite the gondola, and the Palarine Chinese is well worth a visit - give them a call and they'll come and pick you up and drop you back at your hotel.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
snowsteve wrote:
Linked to Arinsal is Pal, and if you head over there you'll find some great natural moguls as wel as rus through the trees and off piste terrain.

That sounds like a great shout! ill definitely be visiting Pal.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
With the new Dos Valiras road tunnel, Grandvalira's Encamp entrance is an affordable taxi ride from Vallnord. (Andorra's taxis are equipped to carry ski gear of course.) There's also good public transport, though I imagine you'd have to go via Andorra La Vella to change buses.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Hey Snowheads!

I'm heading to the same place as the OP too, so firstly, thanks for all the great info so far Smile

I have a question of my own too if anyone can help out. I usually equip myself with a set of trick skis, does anyone have any advice of where would be good to go for a play? i.e. any park or runs with ramps or rails etc?

Any feedback at all appreciated Very Happy

Cheers,
Paul
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
obrien89, welcome to SnowHeads!

In Vallnord, it's Arinsal which has the main snowpark. Obviously it's got jumps, but tbh it's been years since I've been to Arinsal specifically and so I don't know what it looks like these days. I'd be surprised if it hasn't grown to have boxes and rails and various other things, though.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Hey guys,

Somewhat related, is it easy to get from Arnisal to Pas de la Casa? I there some sort of bus I could take?
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Arinsal's park is great - has lots of boxes, rails, kickers and random features Madeye-Smiley

snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
unsubtlewoods, Arinsal and Pas are about as far away from each other as it's possible to be within Andorra! But there is good public transport in Andorra so there will be buses.. but I imagine you'd have to change in Andorra La Vella. The journey would take at least an hour.

If you're trying to get to Grandvalira in general rather than Pas specifically, your best bet would be to go to Encamp and take the gondola up to the centre of the resort.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Pyremaniac, An hour is fine! It looks like i might be spending a second week in Andorra in March as my brother will be in Pas the week after im in Arnisal. Sussing out spending a second week skiing over with him. An hour on a bus is ok with me if it means a second week skiing!
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
snowsteve wrote:
Arinsal's park is great - has lots of boxes, rails, kickers and random features Madeye-Smiley

Very nice! Cheers for the image too. Really can't wait to get going now, only 3 1/2 more months to go Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy