Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Stripped down ski carry 'pack'.

Poster: A snowHead
An email with a link to this new product came through this morning:

http://youtube.com/v/Bkb9GYcnKDY

Basically a stripped back harness to carry ski's and avy kit. I'm not sure what the UK RRP will be.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
A bit like the little BD pack except a touch overbuilt unless you happen to be carrying skis for a while in which case you'd probably be carrying more stuff.
http://eu.blackdiamondequipment.com/en/ski-packs/bandit-pack-BD681139_cfg.html?dwvar_BD681139__cfg_color=Cyan
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
AndAnotherThing.., Shocked Did he really say what I think he said at the end of that vid Jacked o*
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I'm not really sure I can see an application for it, for me. If I'm somewhere that I need to latch the skis on, I need a little more kit than just shovel and probe.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
TNF did this before... their powder guide vest looks pretty similar in concept (and possibly there were other companies too, but I can't seem to find anything offhand). Got a few more pockets than the Orion offering, though I can't quite tell how big or useful they'd be. There's even the terrifyingly expensive but quite neat ABS version. All useful stuff for when you have mechanical uplift and medium sized descents, no?
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
He's gone for the wrong market! I would use it for carrying my (plus 2 x kids, plus wife - dont ask) skis to the slope, just about everyday in resort at some point - specially getting on busses!
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
livetoski wrote:
AndAnotherThing.., Shocked Did he really say what I think he said at the end of that vid Jacked o*

"and get as jacked on it as I am"

Maybe it loses something in translation from US to English? I'm pretty certain its 'on' not 'off' though wink
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Wildsmith,
Quote:

I would use it for carrying my (plus 2 x kids, plus wife - dont ask) skis to the slope

That would be a Snowmule then already done Toofy Grin
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Why has it got that big open pocket at the side? Looks like a recipe for losing something important. Shame really, if that was a closed pocket I might have thought about it, I need very little space in my pack, and will carry the basics, plus ability to strap on the skis for walking to the lift in the morning saves on bulk/hassle.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Mistress Panda wrote:
Why has it got that big open pocket at the side? Looks like a recipe for losing something important. Shame really, if that was a closed pocket I might have thought about it, I need very little space in my pack, and will carry the basics, plus ability to strap on the skis for walking to the lift in the morning saves on bulk/hassle.

That was the snowboard pack tho, wouldn't be as effective for carrying skis as they'd flap about under the wide straps. The first pack, the Archer, had a closed pocket to the side of the skis as well as LARGE pockets on the hip belt. I didn't see anywhere handy for probe and shovel on the Archer tho
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
He says that the first pack is suitable for a 'gnarly boot pack' - but it doesn't have a facility to carry a shovel. - So not really suitable for European conditions...

I suppose it might be okay for piste skiers if they have to walk a long way from the hotel to the lift?
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Oceanic wrote:
He says that the first pack is suitable for a 'gnarly boot pack' - but it doesn't have a facility to carry a shovel. - So not really suitable for European conditions...

To be fair there is the internal pocket for a shovel while the handle and probe goes in separate pockets.

I'm struggling to see the key benefit over say my heli-pack. I think the argument is that the harness will be more comfortable while hiking carrying ski's but the lack of space for sandwiches, chocolate, camera's and other tat for everyday skiing seems to out weigh this. On longer hikes I'd probably want to take more stuff and water 'just in case'.

I've asked for the price point for the UK which I think will be key.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
AndAnotherThing.. wrote:
Oceanic wrote:

To be fair there is the internal pocket for a shovel while the handle and probe goes in separate pockets.

There's an internal pocket for a shovel on the first pack? He doesn't make any reference to it?

Obviously I can see the shovel pocket on the second (snow boarding) pack.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Oceanic, oh, I thought it was on both. Not good if there is no room for Avy kit on the ski version.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
From the designer \ manufacturer.

Quote:
The pack costs $100 here in the states and we are able to ship it internationally no problem. As far as the shovel goes, there isn’t space for the avy kit in the ski pack, but we are planning on adding modular options in the near future (optional hydro pack, avy pack, etc).
snow report
This looks cheaper and, dare I say, better, but no idea of if they will ship to Yurp:

http://www.freeridesystems.com/product/boot-pack-1-ski-snowboard-carry-system
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy