Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Looking to become an instructor

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I would say I'm a rather advanced skier and have had around 3 weeks of advanced ski lessons. I'm only 16 but very confident on two planks, wondering how hard the BASI 1 is as I live very near castle ford xscape and would like a job there as I'm there A LOT anyway.

Any advice welcome, if you have recently done the BASI 1 I would love some help and advice on it and how you found it at your current ability. Thank you in advance
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Pi, Hi, my daughter did her BASI1 last year at your age. She'd skied for almost 10 years and around 20 weeks at the time. There are several threads on the forum (search on BASI in Bend Ze Knees). Best bet is to get along to a pre-BASI1 session which many of the indoor slopes run to get your skiing assessed and recommendations on what you need to do.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Here we go http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=101142
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Claude B, thanks for the advice. I doubt that I am quite on her level as yet, so how did she find the courses?

Thanks for the link; I will look now and report back after!
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Your daughter seems like an excellent skier. I would say that I am on the same level as she is in the first video. Did she pass easily with that kind of skill level?

Thanks again
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Pi, She found it fairly difficult tbh. It's quite intensive, 5 full days. She had to modify her stance which she found quite hard to do. We had some tears mid-week when she was conviced she would fail but she pulled it all together in the end. That's why I think it's a good idea to get your skiing assessed first so you can work on things like that early. Good luck!
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Pi, do you know any of the instructors at XScape?? You could get them to put you through your BASI L1 paces and see what they think??

I put this up after doing my L1 at Cas

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=80968
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Have you considered working a season abroad? I was going to work at xscape castleford, but really didn't fancy it after realising its just a fridge! You will learn and experience so much more by doing it in the mountains, My link goes over how to do this (As I did) and I have helped many people get a foot in the door. just a suggestion
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
My son and daughter did their L1 aged 16.
L2 at Hintertux aged 17 and instructing in Switzerland the following winter post A levels.

Both found that the most difficult thing was making the required change the first time you are told, and sticking with that change.
The people that failed were still good skiers, but they just did not listen and didn't make the changes, and keep to them.

Good luck...you are thinking the right way...avoid those mega expensive Gap courses!

Last edited by You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net. on Fri 22-11-13 20:07; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
rungsp wrote:

Good luck...you are thinking the right way...avoid those mega expensive Gap courses!

Exactly! Avoid these highly overpriced long haul Gap courses, You can get an Austrian qualification for less than £600 its a 10 day intensive course, but at the end you get high regarded qualification.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
PI, was going to suggest you have a look at the pistepanther.com as he would have been there, done it and got the t shirt in relation what your trying to do. A good read it is too. If only I was young and and at the start of my ski adventures.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy