Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Freestyle Skiers and Snowboarders

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hey guys so I'm doing my research project on freestyle skiers and snowboarders and would appreciate if you guys could answer some of my research questions to make my paper better! Thanks so much!

1)Would you consider freestyle skiing and snowboarding its own subculture?
2) What stereotypes do you think fall under being a freestyle skier and boarder and what do you think about them?
3) Do you think gender/race plays a role in freestyle skiing and snowboarding?
4) Do you think there is a hierarchy system within freestyle skiing and snowboarding and how do you move up in the system?
5) Do you see freestyle skiing and snowboarding as a deviant or rebellious form of the sport?
6) Do you think that incorporation of more freestyle sports in this years Olympics Sochi 2014 is a good thing or that freestyle should stick to the X games? Cool
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
1) yes, very much.
2) Depends very much on which kind of freestyle you're talking about - Park, jibbers, street - each has their own subsets within them.
3) yes, but much less so than in other snowsport disciplines - freeride for example.
4) yes, 'locals' outrank 'tourists' but maybe not as deeply engrained as in surfing
5) not any more
6) yes its a good thing. Freestyle skiing and riding continues to gather interest and its inclusion in the olympics echos that.

brittyferr, you need to get down to the friday/saturday sessions at the domes for the freestyle sessions if you want to take the pulse of UK freestyle.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
1)Would you consider freestyle skiing and snowboarding its own subculture? Yes but with many shared values of the wider ski community
2) What stereotypes do you think fall under being a freestyle skier and boarder and what do you think about them? Young, not athletes, As with most stereotypes, mostly rubbish based on a small non-representative sample.
3) Do you think gender/race plays a role in freestyle skiing and snowboarding? No more than anyother form of skiing, in terms of gender some big names and impact riders are women, Sarah Burke (RIP) Ingrid Backstrom etc.
4) Do you think there is a hierarchy system within freestyle skiing and snowboarding and how do you move up in the system? No, very relaxed approach from most where some of the top athletes in the world will always be available and shred with anyone! It’s a huge difference between freestyle and racing! No segregation, unless you are Shawn white and build your own pipe! Most top athletes use the same parks as punters, see Park alley in Breckenridge as the best example!
5) Do you see freestyle skiing and snowboarding as a deviant or rebellious form of the sport? No they are just different skill sets and forms of expression
6) Do you think that incorporation of more freestyle sports in this years Olympics Sochi 2014 is a good thing or that freestyle should stick to the X games. A great thing, fastest growing section of snowsports in general, you can practice it nearly anywere even in cities and it broadens the reach of the sport in general. Also the development of twin tips, rocker etc have come from th e freestyle freeride community and have had a huge impact on normal skiing.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Fattes13, Great reply,knowledge in depth my man Very Happy
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks so much for answering guys I really appreciate it! Blush Blush
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
brittyferr, Everyone in this Video is British if you want to see where they are!! Watch out for the current World slopestyle champion at 6 min

Half Way Home - Full Film from Unity-Productions
http://vimeo.com/80132317
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy