Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

TR: Inside Out Pre-Season Tune-Up - Tignes 7 - 10 November 2013

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
This was my first Inside Out trip, I spent a day at Hemel with Rob prior to doing my L1 two years ago and have done some shadowing with both Rob and Scott, but this was my first experience abroad as a client.

The travel was fine, easyjet left Liverpool on time and landed early. My transfer driver was waiting at the hub and after dragging the other guys out of the pub we set off.

I think it was about midnight when we arrived in Tignes Les Boisses, to be met by some lovely home made soup, bread, cheese and ham!

The next day dawned bright and sunny, but the funicular was slow to open due to a technical fault. However once up on the mountain and on the snow it was clear how great a day this was going to be, lovely fresh winter snow everywhere, and not too many queues.

There were *LOTS* of very good racers and lanes set up covering most of the mountain!!

There were 7 in our group, we spent both days doing drills to improve our performance by getting the weight onto our new downhill ski as early as possible.

Evenings were spent doing some video analysis as a group, which worked really well and helped bond the group in my view.

After that shower, beers and dinner called!

Sunday was cloudier with light snow falling most of the day, the funicular was only slightly delayed and were on the hill ready to go by 9:45…….just a small matter of waiting for the others who missed the funi up!

We were skiing by 10:15 and great news was that Tignes had opened the Vanoise chair, so we had some new terrain to play in.

There was plenty of fresh off-piste around, but given the glacial terrain we weren’t tempted and stuck to some more one legged drills.

I think everyone in our group had made huge improvement after just one day! We took a coffee break around one and headed back out for another hour,
we found some variable unpisted snow and had some fun in that...

I ate the packed lunch provided by the chalet and nipped out for 3 laps of Vanoise before they closed it at 2:45pm. I spotted Ian from Inside Out putting in some extra time with his group on one of my journeys’ up the the chair.

Back for more video analysis, beer and some balance board fun, including a spectacular fall by Scott!!

Sunday unfortunately was blown off, so we watched the snow get heavier and heavier whilst the wind got stronger and stronger! The inside out boys made sure we were kept amused though with a very thorough talk and demo by Scott on ski tuning and then video analysis of all sorts of skiing styles from “self-taught” to “world cup” standards.

The mini buses left early as the roads were pretty white despite the constant snow ploughing, but an uneventful journey back to Geneva passed fairly quickly.

A quick visit to the pizza place in the station, and it was soon time to board and fly back to Liverpool.

So I really enjoyed my Early Season Tune up, the snow was great, the altitude and glacial skiing was tough at times but enjoyable.

Two videos below, the first from the Saturday, where the feedback was to try and stand taller and earlier onto the new downhill ski…

http://youtube.com/v/RNIS0T9Zakc

The second was from the Sunday….and hopefully shows some improvement..

http://youtube.com/v/jZX_Z04EJEU
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
my back is still in bits but I was oh so close to sticking that 180 Toofy Grin

you made some great progress since last year and really did well during the couple days in Tignes, longs looking real clean and a little polishing by Derek come Jan and you will be solid for the L2 longs.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
kitenski, I don't know you definitely in better focus on the first video.....
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Looking pretty good there Greg. Your upper body and arm positions are loads better than the last time I saw you on a video. Nice angles too.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
skimottaret, it's all about stance width to fix that 180 .....

NickyJ, yes, technical focusing of video isn't in the BASI schedule is it skimottaret, Twisted Evil
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
kitenski, you are Franz Clammer and I claim my 5etc
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
bad focus was the order of the week it seems , might not have stuck the 180 but did manage the balance board juggling on the first attempt NehNeh

https://vimeo.com/78953777
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy