Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

URGENT HELP PLEASE - Mayrhofen resort

Poster: A snowHead
nevis1003, You didnt come on snowbombing week did you?

With regards to Penken, does get busy in the peak weeks and at peak times, however you can also get the ski bus to Horbergbahn, which hardly ever has a problem.

It depends how you define the centre. Most people would look at the penkenbahn as the centre, however most of the places to go in the evening are closer to where you are. You are nicely tucked away and so will be quiet, however can walk to Funkys/Scotland Yard/Mos/Apropros?passage bar in only a few minutes. I think it is a good hotel to be in.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Thanks googiew... not that we had a choice in hotel :S

I want to be tucked away slightly so not too noisy if getting an early night, but also not too far from the main street and the stations.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Its perfect for that. I live just around the corner and never any problems with noise. Its an easy walk to main street(2-3mins) and under 10 to penken
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
In some respects, that end of town is best. I always stayed in the Neuhaus. Clomp 100m one way to the bus stop which takes you to Penken/Ahorn (and I think there's a bus to Horberg from there too?), or clomp 100m the other way to the train station for buses to Hintertux or the train to other villages.

Back then the full area pass was an added extra you had to pay on arrival. Now, you get the whole valley as standard (for anything 2 days or more).

Will be there in Jan for a weekend. I reckon a day in Mayrhofen, and another in Zell am Ziller.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Good plan, I think you can have a good day on the Penken, maybe get across to Eggalm and then try one of the others. I personally prefer Zell as well, however Kaltenbach is not far away.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
theone, You don't need a locker at the station -that's in the opposite direction from the Penken and Ahorn lifts in relation to your hotel. There are plenty of buses linking the hotels and the main lifts as well as the station. You need to ask advice from your hotel (a very nice and posh one it is too - you've definitely been moved up the luxury scale by the switch).

Talk to the ski school as lessons for the beginner are your biggest tie-down. Again ask the hotel's advice as to which ski schools teach where - if you want to meet up at lunch then find one that has a beginners area at the top of the Penken lift. As for the queues they can be by-passed by taking the bus or train just that wee bit further to the Horberg Cable car once your beginner can master a few turns on a blue run! The Penken cable car is only about 5 minutes walk from your hotel by the way (with or without ski gear! wink )

There are 2 snowHeads who actually live in the area and know it better than anyone - the Doc and SaraJ - PM them and ask for insider advice.

nevis1003, don't go in Snowbombing Week or one of the Dutch weeks! Otherwise Mayrhofen is fairly relaxed and very pleasant.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I was there at half term and it was very unpleasant, the only good thing was the hotel which was excellent. It looked quite limited for off piste skiing, without actually going off touring.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
If you are up and out sharp don't miss out on skiing the runs from the top of the combi bahn to the bottom, for an improving beginner.intermediate they are a joy first thing (before the ski schools get at them) as a warm up. Then a scoosh down Red 5 then up the schneekar chair and a swift coffee/willys at the Schneekarhutte and then onwards.

Do have at least one lunch at the Schneekar, a bit pricier than some of the other places, but cracking spot for lunch. Pizza at the Grillhof Alm is a must and the ribs and tiroler grostl at the Vogelnest below Eggalm should be tried. (I never seem to lose weight in the Hoff, can't understand it)

And stop worrying about the resort change, really, you are in at least as good a village with higher altitude skiing in a great hotel with really excellent food. And there will be beer! Smile

Last edited by After all it is free Go on u know u want to! on Wed 13-11-13 14:43; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
For offpiste, check out JimboS photo history of his Easters in the Hoff.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Thank you all... appreciate your help.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Can someone please post a link or let me know how to view JimboS photo history.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
theone, I'm not sure, but I'm guessing Ghost Dog was referring to this thread: http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=2124833&highlight=easter#2124833

Edit: For your future reference, I found it just by using the Search function on posts by JimboS. Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Yes, that was the one. Was being lazy.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Thanks... looks good. Liking the look of the resort!!! More blue runs than Soll and they seem to be quite gentle?
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
[quote="Bode Swiller"]
Fattes13 wrote:

Quote:

(a) you can ski to the valley floor

And then its the small matter of a 1km bus ride back to the town!!! Twisted Evil

You can ski all the way to the village Little Angel
snow report
Done Mayrhofen and Soll, and due to queues getting up the main gondola at Mayrhofen and just as annoying having to queue again to catch it down will not go back there again. Since then been to Soll 3 times and going again in January, read into that what you like. That being said the move to Mayrhofen may suit your beginner better.
snow report
In the busy weeks, you are better off to get the bus to the Horbergbahn as there is rarely much of a hold up there. Its snowing down in the town today and so looks good for opening next week
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy