Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ladies ski jacket and pants, please help

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
hi all,

I am trying to find a decent (durable + warm) ski jacket for Mrs redbaron......A jacket that can last several seasons...

we found a nike bellevue 3-in-1 jacket + vest at tkmaxx.....however it is a bit long (snowboard jacket), rather than waist size.....

which jackets would you guys recommend for a lady....budget around 150quid

we are also after a pair of ski pants too, which is a bit tricky because she is short (5ft1in)....Maybe look at the girls rather than womens???? budget 80 -100quid

comments are appreciated...

cheers, rb51
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
keep looking in T K Maxx, I reckon - I have bought two jackets there over the years, £50 each, absolutely fine. Lasted several seasons and only changed because I was bored with them!

not sure what you mean by "waist size". I like my jacket to come down over the largest part of my bottom, and not only because anything shorter makes your bottom look big. wink

I have a friend who has trouble buying short-enough ski pants but she's a talented seamstress and manage to shorten them very effectively. If your missus is slim the girls pants might work well, and would be cheaper. absolutely no need to spend £100 on pants unless you want to.

Have a look at this site. https://www.skiwear4less.com/acatalog/Ladies_Ski_Wear_2.html

Eider stuff is dependable, good quality.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
redbaron51, I'm small (5' on a good day....) and have had my last two ski jackets from TK Maxx - can't remember the name I'm afraid (and they're still packed up after last year) but they're sort of hip length and a good fit. My salopettes came from there too, are Trespass, a teen size and cost about £30 at least 8 years ago. The length is fine with ski boots, and they've always kept me warm and dry. I believe Schoffel do a good length for smaller women, and they're decent quality - something like this, but a good bit over budget http://www.snowandrock.com/schoffel-women's-savona-dynamic-iii-pant-short/schoffel/ski-snowboard-outdoor-sports/fcp-product/53433?listing=true
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Hi all,

Mrs LY struggled for years to find appropriate length and cut in both jacket and ski pants. She's 4'11" and size 8 in most stuff. Eventually she found some HH legend junior ski pants and a Columbia Descent Darling jacket in black/white that fit a treat (pics/specs below - we actually managed to pick them up in UK stores out of season):

http://www.snowinn.com/ski-store/helly-hansen-legend-pant-new-wasabi-junior/52398/p#
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Columbia-Descent-Darling-Womens-Jacket/dp/B00590Y31S/ref=sr_1_2_m?s=sports&ie=UTF8&qid=1384117071&sr=1-2&keywords=Columbia+descent&tag=amz07b-21

If money's no object then US designer outfit Obermeyer do petite sizes in some of their jackets but they don't have a European distributor at the moment. We did seem to find stuff in TKMaxx or similar discount stores but they were always too long - the only exception was a nice XS North face soft shell that we grabbed immediately!

She specifically wanted a hip-length jacket though and I think that's what made it a tough search. That may be a little shorter than some ladies prefer. Other junior or womens XS jackets/pants were always too long and "made her look like a teenage boy" (her words!). One thing I did learn (by osmosis as much as by interest if I'm honest) was that they all fit differently so trying on is the only way to be sure!

Good luck!
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
hi all, thanks for the info and links provided....

we shall go to another tkmaxx this weekend again.....we have been delaying a trip to the US, where we can probably find really good deals on skiwear.....need to get an entry for NY marathon, so good excuse to travel over there wink
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Hi
I am also a little vertically challenged at 1.57m. I needed to buy new ski trousers this year and a trip to S n R to try the Schoffel Savana mentioned above for size lead to a quick search on tinternet. I found them on the German Bergziet website for much less than in the UK.
http://www.bergzeit.de/schoeffel-savona-w-s-iii-black/
When I added P&P and my bank did the conversion it worked out at £115 only a wee bit more than your budget. Got an e-mail today to say they are on their way. Bergziet do have a UK site but don't stock Schoffel on it. The site is pretty easy to work out (I do speak German though) although it doesn't get any prizes for speed! Smile

There is another brand FIVE who also do short length but I found them not to be very waterproof in a damp Wengen last year hence my latest purchase!
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Have you tried Decathlon? I just bought a black soft shell jacket with detachable down mid layer for £159 or so and the pants were £60 so within budget. My last ski jacket from there is still going strong after 7 years, but it is time for a change. They do Internet mail order too and sell kids sizes. The sizing is pretty accurate I think. Admittedly TK Maxx can be cheaper but its a bit random what they have in stock. Good luck,
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
redbaron51, at £150 you will find bargains in the clearance section of the big stores, no need to resort to TK Maxx unless you are really keen on a bargain and get lucky with what is in stock. http://www.snowandrock.com/womens-ski-jackets/clearance/fcp-category/list?resetFilters=true
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Other option that would be in budget is Surfanic stuff - they just sent a mail with a buy the jacket and get the trousers for £1 offer. http://www.surfanic.co.uk/womens/winter/ski-jackets/?utm_source=Newsletter+list&utm_campaign=e389ecd9f0-Flash_Sale_13_11_2013&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_3ffb8dc4b9-e389ecd9f0-47825473
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Hi all, thanks for the comments and links, much appreciated....

Anyone would care to share comments on Ladies Salomon SuperNova and Salomon Fantasy jackets???

OH managed to get an XS men's Halti pants at TKMaxx, really nice...Still looking for a jacket though
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I bought all my stuff in Decathlon, salopettes are the 'soft shell' type and fitted, the bulky insulated keks make me look even fatter. Jacket is hip length, although I wouldn't mind one that covers my butt. Mine cost £49.99 for the jacket and £24.99 for the salopettes. Can't fault Decathlon at all...

Never found anything worth buying in TK Maxx, it's just a jumble sale of odd sizes whenever I look in there.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
TK Maxx definitley worth several visits, I bought a lovely Salomon jacket 3 weeks ago RRP £230 TK Maxx price £80 Toofy Grin

Its just a case of been there at the right time, we popped into our local one (Harrogate) on Sunday & there was some decent jackets & OH picked up a pair of Dianese gloves for a tenner-got to be worth having if only as spares Very Happy
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy