Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

So what makes a ski trip for you?

Poster: A snowHead
There are a few things that really make a ski holiday for me (aside from great snow):

Quick access to the lifts - bus rides and/or long queues or loads of walking just wastes time!
Large and varied terrain - I like to explore the mountain
Long runs
Fast lifts
Good apres - I love few decent bars for the afternoon/evening
Pistes back into town

Other than that, it's really the people I'm with that make the difference. I've met some fantastic people on ski holidays (including the eosb!) and have made lifelong friends.

So far, Saalbach and Val d'Isere tick the most boxes for me. I would happily go back to them both every year forever!
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Quote:

I refuse to do catered chalets, I did them a few times and NEVER enjoyed them, horrid things forced into spending my time with others who probably will bore me silly

You're lucky enough to have a lot of friends that ski with you or you have an attitude issue
Personally, good snow is obvious but also, like minded people to ski with, challenging runs, plenty of food.
I'd rather be in a bunk room at UCPA with mediocre snow, than in a 5* hotel on my own with a meter of powder outside.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
^ agreed!! I love the shared experience of it.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
See the sig.
Add the snow, and what more could you possibly want?
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I am boring.
The main objective is a group of compatible level and keenness, off-piste with a Guide all week, and to be pushed , or push myself, all the time so that, hopefully, I get better at doing everything in all conditions.

Not much skinning. Plenty hot water. A bar or two with great rythm. Food and drink to a simple adequacy will do.

I am fortunate that the people I do this with are lovely, nearly all met through SCGB I might add, but doubtless if SH develops graded holidays I would hope some there might tolerate me also.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
A helicopter
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Skiing with friends and making new skiing friends. All else is a bonus
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
snow
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Getting laid.

Also, powder, Gasser shnitzels, Apropos, mates, bluebird days, Flying Hirsch, Schoko Rums, Gluweins, Jagertees and a well badass goggle tan.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Spa facilities in 4* or 5* hotel. Skiing holidays are great, but for me second word is more important - HOLIDAYS, so it must be nice time, nice food, etc. I would definitely choose better hotel over better skiing conditions.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Ski to door.
Hot tub and sauna.
Swimming pool.
Blue skies.
Groomed pistes.
Bubbles not chairs.
Tree line skiing.
Good quality food on the slopes, ideally with a good view.
Not being -20
No horray Henrys
60m plus apartment with 2 bed rooms( four people)
Heated boot racks
Full moon.
Hire skis to be as good as the advert.
Not being on the 5th floor.

Ideally.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Filthyphil30k,

Bloody ritch, envies Evil or Very Mad Twisted Evil Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Key point it's a holiday not practice for the Olympics, I gave to give up other stuff to pay for it.

You won't see me in the caviar shop in Geneva airport.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Filthyphil30k wrote:
Key point it's a holiday not practice for the Olympics, I gave to give up other stuff to pay for it.

You won't see me in the caviar shop in Geneva airport.

I've never seen anyone in the caviar bar at Geneva airport, the sandwich bar next door is dear enough!!

€5 for a bottle of water! We just take an empty bottle through customs and put tap water in it rather than pay those prices NehNeh
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Quote:

Bubbles not chairs.

Couldn't care less one or the other.

Quote:

Groomed pistes.

Prefer the opposite: no idiots going too fast on groomed piste! Toofy Grin

The rest I can take.
latest report
tangowaggon wrote:
Quote:

I refuse to do catered chalets, I did them a few times and NEVER enjoyed them, horrid things forced into spending my time with others who probably will bore me silly

You're lucky enough to have a lot of friends that ski with you or you have an attitude issue
Personally, good snow is obvious but also, like minded people to ski with, challenging runs, plenty of food.
I'd rather be in a bunk room at UCPA with mediocre snow, than in a 5* hotel on my own with a meter of powder outside.
I don't have a lot of ski friends, most of the time there are just two of us, and I don't have an attitude, perhaps I just stayed in a few chalets that put me off . It would be different if all the people in a chalet , were already friends,. Sharing a table with people you don't know can be a mixed bag, sometimes you get like minded people sometimes you don't. One thing that happened to us was to have two people who liked to ski, but they were also chiropodists, fine we can talk about feet in the evening, for a while, but every evening, all week, oh no thanks. Laughing I prefer to hire self catering, or a hotel, then you can eat when and where you like with who you like,.
ski holidays
Filthyphil30k wrote:
Ski to door.
Hot tub and sauna.
Swimming pool.
Blue skies.
Groomed pistes.
Bubbles not chairs.
Tree line skiing.
Good quality food on the slopes, ideally with a good view.
Not being -20
No horray Henrys
60m plus apartment with 2 bed rooms( four people)
Heated boot racks
Full moon.
Hire skis to be as good as the advert.
Not being on the 5th floor.

Ideally.
Laughing Laughing If I found a resort that had all of that, then I guess that would be a perfect ski trip. I don't mind chairlifts, the bubbles can be annoying to take off your skis to get on to, I like those fast six man chairlifts that are covered and have heated seats, they are nice.
snow report
Just being far away from my Office and computer screen is reward in itself - in other words, the complete opposite environment from the usual daily grind Smile
snow conditions
There is no such thing as the "perfect" ski holiday. Many things make a good week "the best". The fundamental factor has to be snow! Company? Location? Apres? Food? They all count but to varying degrees. For me the deciding factor is would I go back and do the same week again knowing what I know at the end of the week. If the answer is yes,well thats the all I need.
Any day on the mountain is better than any day on the treadmill!
snow conditions
Quote:

Any day on the mountain is better than any day on the treadmill!

Too right snowHead
ski holidays
I'm surprised people haven't mentioned sunshine more. It makes a huge difference for me.
ski holidays
dogwatch, It's a bonus sure, but I've had plenty of great trips when I've seen no sun at all
ski holidays
dogwatch wrote:
I'm surprised people haven't mentioned sunshine more. It makes a huge difference for me.
Me too.
ski holidays
Oh yea sunny days where the views are wonderful and the sky seems so very blue and the snow so very white. Yea if you get that it is a bonus, march is a good time for that.
snow report
Something that makes every member of the group happy. There are so many variables to a week in the hills and the best possible scenario for me is when we all head home having been satisfied in our own particular way. Now, please just bottle that and send me the recipe Very Happy
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy