Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Worst piste (following on from least favourite resort)?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
andy, No poling on Cascades if the wind is behind at top and you go for it! Smile
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
dogwatch wrote:
^

I'm not too sure nature intended mogul fields. Regarding your heart-felt plea for mountains to be left as nature intended, presumably you eschew all use of up-lift?

Hi Dogwatch, good points well made, you'll notice I refered to the ski terrain, not how you get there! It's a selfish wish list, and selfishly I love the uplift and our passion would be a sorry minority pass-time without it. However I can't think of a lift which serves only blacks (and only one exclusively reds), those investments are necessary to create the blue run network which finances the whole resort. Just don't piste the black or red side is all I ask Blush.

Re bumps, as soon as anyone skis fresh snow it starts to change, bumps are the natural conclusion of this. What I'm referring to is the brutal de-vegetation, blasting, grading, etc. which is employed to create safe wide pistes that relatively few people use, and even fewer enjoy!
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
worst thread
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Worst piste depends so much on conditions and how crowded it is.

The Valantin black

I really like that! Its super fun.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
dogwatch,
Quote:

thecramps wrote:
Also that stupid black that's not a black at all in ADH, the really long one.

The Sarenne? I liked it. It's a long, varied run into some wild country. Yeah there's some poling. Black, I think, because once you are on it you are committed to a long ski rather than inherent difficulty.

+1 - I liked it. Had great conditions tho which probably helped. And a few friendly skiers gave me a tow - I have never had strangers offer to do that before (or since!), very nice.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Blue run down to St Anton last thing is a bit of a shocker, M25, bodies everywhere, moguls, ice,. My missus hates it, we keep going back there though. There was also a run down to Sestriere from Sauze D'Oulx that was pretty bad, it was marked on the piste map but buggered if we could find it.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Kaiser , that is only sort of a run, I have done it once when it was just bashed, it is more of a twirling road from sauze , to sestrier that has been done by a piste basher. It is brilliant fun if you don't follow the actual route made by the piste basher but go on the soft snow between the turns, by the late morning it can be churned up so it is hard to find it. I used to stay in Sauze, and then spend the day skiing in Sestriere , few runs in Sauze in the morning. There is one Run in Sauze that goes down to the next village, and it is always patchy, when you get down there you discover a really really old one man chair lift, that is not maintained you have to jump off and land on a big bump, not nice.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Just seen this thread. How has no-one mentioned Sarbotte back to Les Carroz? A long track, almost completely flat, and of course we made the mistake of skiing it in deep powder.

I notice (bitterly) it's now even marked on the piste map with a "low incline" warning!
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
adithorp wrote:
Ours into Motteret. Come back late from VT as the lifts close and there's no alternative. Only good bit is straight-lining the few downhill bits in the hope of saving some poling. Complete nightmare for beginners though.

you can broaden that to the bottom 200m of any piste into Mottaret - the snow is always pants on any of those runs..
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
"Happy Valley" - St Anton
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy