Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Crash Reel, Sky Atlantic and Sky Anytime

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
A great documentary about Kevin Pearce Pro snowboarder and his head injury

Incredible watch if you have an hour.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
And well worth watching if you want to understand head injuries a bit more.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I watched with my son (15) and daughter (1Cool, well made, thought provoking and I felt very sad.

I honestly feel I will have less problems this year getting my son to wear a helmet, I even went and tried a few on myself today in S&R.

I was concerned by one point, it was mentioned that helmets only protect up to 17mph, is this true ? I dont think the kids have skied at this speed since they left the Jardin D'Enfants.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
No problems getting my kids to wear helmets after they examined the damaged to Talbyem's helmet after a pretty big crash going fast on an icy run which she got up (after a while) from and carried on boarding the next day. It looks like the sort of dent you'd get whacking a nail into it without quite puncturing the shell. At very least there would have been lots of blood and stitches involved. Her helmet certainly helped in a crash way faster than 17mph, no idea though how fast the helmet hit the rock or whatever it was caused the damage. I guess that 17mph figure is a running into a tree head first figure rather than the sort of glancing blow I guess most ski/board accidents involve.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
just watched it. Fabulous and emotional.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I watched it yesterday too and god I hate movies like this... they made me think on things I do, and what can happen. But what would should we do then? Sit at home and wait to die? I still liked the best that quote about The brave might not live forever, but the cautious never live at all. And I will stick with it even now. It's just too much fun doing things I do, and if it's meant to be, it's meant to be. I can't help it. I can quit all things I have been doing all my life, but what's point of living then.
landlockedpirate, that thing about helmets is so so. With a bit of bad luck, helmet won't protect you even at 10mph, with a bit good luck, it will protect you at 80mph. And there are helmets and helmets, so this can probably make some difference too. But you still have more chances for good outcome with helmet then without it. And NO, I'm NOT trying to start another helmet vs. no helmet flame. I don't care if someone wears it or not, and I don't care what someone's reason for wearing or not wearing it are.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy