Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Volkl Tigersharks

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi - I'm contemplating buying a new set of skis. Over the past few years I've rented a few of the Volkl tigershark skis on numerous occasions and absolutely loved them.

Unfortunately it appears that this model has been discontinued - could anyone give some advice on some current Volkl skis (or other brands) which perform similarly? I've never used the Race Tigers before but ideally wouldn't have a pure racing ski.

I'd also contemplate something with a touch more versatility, although predominantly I generally ski groomed trails. On that basis I was thinking either the V werks or the RTM 81's?

Cheers
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I have a pair for sale, if you want the Tigersharks.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
skimonte wrote:
I'd also contemplate something with a touch more versatility, although predominantly I generally ski groomed trails. On that basis I was thinking either the V werks or the RTM 81's?

It is worth noting that the RTM81s have full reverse camber (which seems like an odd choice to me for that ski, but there you go). If you're used to (and like) cambered skis, you may not like the way reverse cambered skis feel on piste. Definitely demo those (or similar) before buying.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
skimonte, welcome to snowHeads.

Shame to hear about the Tigersharks being discontinued - a really great ski, IMHO.

If Lizzard's aren't right then Edge & Wax seems to have a good deal (again, assuming size is ok) on what seem to be new skis that are "shop soiled".
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
skimonte, I generally suggest that you can never go wrong with a Volkl but just looking at their website I am totally confused. At least as far as piste skis go.

I think (!) that the closest in concept to the TS is the "the Code" - either L or S. TBH, I'd go for the SPeedwall "race" ski. It isn't a race ski, but it'll perform like the TS. Decide if you prefer shorter or longer turns and go SL or GS appropriately.

What they are doing with a "full rocker" on a piste ski escapes me. weird. either you need the length (fnarr) or you don't. Puzzled
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks everyone for the responses and recommendations. I will check out the code and speedwall models if I can't find a suitable tigershark from somewhere. I've never tried full rocker but since I spend most of the time on the piste it sounds like the RTM isn't quite for me.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
skimonte, I too have a pair of Tigershark 10ft in a 175cm that are pretty well used but can have them for not much cash if you want them!
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
My friend had the tigersharks and in his words " they don't feel like I've got £500 worth of magic on my feet" Very Happy
He's since changed to nordica spitfire and he much prefers them and if you're skiing mainly on piste then surely a narrow waisted piste ski is the way to go ?
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/261642331328?var=&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I have a pair of tigersharks that I no longer use but if you're looking for something similar, the nordica Doberman spitfire pro and head supershape magnum are the two skis most similar that I have used.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I wonder if @skimonte made that purchase (a year or so ago wink )
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy