Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Blizzard Brahma or Bonafide or Line Sick Day 95

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi
I am originally from Scotland but now live in North Vancouver. Thinking of getting some new skis. Choices are Blizzard Brahma or Bonafide or Line Sick Day 95.

I am 6"3 and weigh 115kg. I am an advanced intermediate skiier. (I can ski all of the blues at Whistler and some of the easier blacks). This year I will spend most time on local mountains in Vancouver (Cypress, Grouse & Seymour) with some trips to Whistler.

Any thoughts on ski and length?

Cheers
Muffback
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Longest possible! 188 i think it is in the sick days!
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
muffback, can you try them before you buy them?

I struggle to understand why anyone would spend money based on the random musings of complete strangers... Puzzled
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I demoed the Brahmas and really liked them. I haven't skied the others but think that the Brahma would be an ideal ski for the north shore. Stiff enough to perform on piste and fat enough to take off piste. If I had the cash and room in my ski collection I would buy a pair.

For comparison I am 6'3", 90kgs, advanced skier. Currently ski Volkl Mantra, Volkl Tigershark and Head Supershape Magnum. Also living and skiing in North Van (from the end of the month!) I found the Brahma to feel more versatile than my Mantras which sometimes feel a bit cumbersome.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I demoed the Brahmas and really liked them. I haven't skied the others but think that the Brahma would be an ideal ski for the north shore. Stiff enough to perform on piste and fat enough to take off piste. If I had the cash and room in my ski collection I would buy a pair.

For comparison I am 6'3", 90kgs, advanced skier. Currently ski Volkl Mantra, Volkl Tigershark and Head Supershape Magnum. Also living and skiing in North Van (from the end of the month!) I found the Brahma to feel more versatile than my Mantras which sometimes feel a bit cumbersome.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
The Brahma's better be good as I've just bought a pair Toofy Grin
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thanks for your thoughts. I would try them but Blizzard skis almost impossible to demo in Vancouver anyway.

Unless someone can tell me where?
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
spyderjon wrote:
The Brahma's better be good as I've just bought a pair Toofy Grin

The Bonafide had better be as well because I ve just done the same! Shocked
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Do Destination on Marine Drive stock them? They might be able to arrange a demo once the snow arrives?
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy