Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

So where are you all going ski ing?

Poster: A snowHead
Neraida, Where exactly are you now?
I'm based just north of Roeselare.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Saalbach in jan and March at the moment, but quite confident that my lottery win this weekend will mean I shall ski for the whole season across Europe, broken with a few visits over to Whistler aswell!!!
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Morning glory, wow with your trip to Japan, that will be some buzz. Make sure you give us a review. I am amazed at how many of you drive to the resorts from the uk, it wouldn't work for us , but we have learned how to pack minimum and fly Ryanair, then hire a car and look for resorts that aren't too far from the airport.
Sue you have your work well sorted.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Only one week booked this season - end Jan to Val d'Isere with my snowhead husband and our 2 pre-schoolers. We only had one week last year too and it just wasn't enough so I might have wasted several work hours on various sites trying to work out a cheapy late season week too!!!!
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
biddpyat Will happily give a review though I'm sure that there are are many SH contributors who will point out that the real powder action in Japan is up in Nisekko on Hokkaido island. If we had two weeks we would definitely go that route but as the max we can squeeze in is 8 days at half term and my son really wants to get a Japanese experience with a couple of days in Tokyo then Hakuba in Honshu seemed the best bet. We have booked through http://www.japanskiexperience.co.uk/ and Sarah Mulholland was extremely helpful so will also review the company as well.

IF I'm very lucky I might be able to get my wife and new job to agree to the EOSB otherwise it will be trying to scrape a weekend somewhere in March. Any thoughts folks?
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Well morning glory, go for it, and enjoy it. I hope to one of these day pack my boots and head for NZ do a bit of heli skiing there. Whistler is also on the cards, but I wonder is it a bit hyped, as in is it one of those resorts that everyone goes to so it is popular but really isn't great when you get there iukwim.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Samerberg Sue,
you got any jobs going ? Cool
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Plagne 1800 in January.

Last time I let someone else organise the holiday Sad
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Are you worried Tccambs? don't be, a ski holiday is what you make of it, take no notice of bad reviews to resorts, just don't get over excited about any resort. For me it is skiing, and good fun, even if you get hurt you can have massive fun. So keep positive.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
immer schuss, Are you a research engineer in medical plastics technology? We are recruiting R&D engineers right now actually Toofy Grin The process engineer positions have all been filled sadly.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
biddpyat wrote:
Are you worried Tccambs? don't be, a ski holiday is what you make of it, take no notice of bad reviews to resorts, just don't get over excited about any resort. For me it is skiing, and good fun, even if you get hurt you can have massive fun. So keep positive.

I am worried mainly because I am only going on one trip this year and have promised my wife that I won't go at all next year so in my mind this trip has to be enough to satisfy two years' worth of ski withdrawal, an impossible goal.

I think La Plagne has a bit of a reputation for cruisy blues and decent off-piste, while I mostly enjoy the blacks and difficult reds, but am too scared to go off-piste NehNeh
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
tccambs, You still have Les Arc as an option, I loved that area when I stayed in Les Coches last year! snowHead
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
RobW,

"Almost certainly won't bother with Easter - too damn late."Shocked

There will be plenty of places with great Easter skiing! Never mind, though. All the more space for those of us that will be there! wink

Last edited by So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much on Mon 11-11-13 0:12; edited 2 times in total
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Similar thing to meh (congratulations!!) - I'm expecting and due in March. Could have timed that better (the original plan was to have had the baby by now!) but didn't have a lot of choice! So this season is completely ruled out Sad On the bright side in a few years we'll have a whole army of skiers to take over the mountain - this is our fourth baby (and last!) We already have the two girls who adore skiing, and our little boy, 2.5, who is all about the croissants and he will find out fairly soon at Hemel that there is more to it than food! snowHead
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
tccambs, the fact that you know you won't be going next year would indeed put pressure on this year to be extra fun. She might give in though and let you ski next year. You have to convince her that life is short and there is a limited window on how long we can ski. ha ha.
snow conditions
14th December Champoluc, 25th January Morzine.
snow conditions
RichardB wrote:
tccambs, You still have Les Arc as an option, I loved that area when I stayed in Les Coches last year! snowHead

Problem is that from it Plagne 1800 looks like a bit of a trek to the cablecar.

"tccambs, the fact that you know you won't be going next year would indeed put pressure on this year to be extra fun. She might give in though and let you ski next year. You have to convince her that life is short and there is a limited window on how long we can ski. ha ha."

I doubt that will work two years running!
latest report
Samerberg Sue, I am a CAD design engineer in automotive industry......we were hoping for work in Graz,but its gone v quiet there.
My colleague was there for 6 months last year but then had to come back,he was our great hope for jobbing in Austria !!
latest report
Off to Morzine on 27 Dec for a week Very Happy
latest report
Foe me Feldberg, Bavaria in the middle of January and early April.
Cheers
Paul
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy