Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

So where are you all going ski ing?

Poster: A snowHead
L2A for first week in Jan, its been a while!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Oh wow, some of you with your multiple weeks are making me so jealous. I would love that. Sadly having to always travel as a four some or else get babysitters leaves us stuck with maybe two trips a year. Mind you a few of you have reminded me that the season is quite long in the three valleys, will have to research weekends away in those areas maybe we can make it happen. When the children learn to ski without instruction we can't wait to go somewhere like whistler . I have only ski ied in the states once that was in Stowe, not such a big area but it was nice to go. The coldest place I have ever skied was in Avemore in Scotland, holy hell, I remember there was a wind that drove us back up the slope again. Shocked
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Stowe was the last place I went (few years back now), absolutely loved the place! Went to Whistler in summer, still need to get back for winter!
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
biddpyat, I am also going to Garmisch again this year, from April 5-9. Only the Zugspitze is open at that time, but it is good fun up there particularly with the new chairlift.
If you are there in March you can ski the whole Zugspitz arena. I did that last year in the last week of March, and all the slopes were still open. My favourite was Lermoos, with the beginner slopes low down and the more challenging slopes on the Grubigstein. Ehrwalder Alm is also really good, with slopes for all abilities, including some lovely long cruisy blues, and Garmisch Classic has some lovely runs, with reds and blacks meeting at the valley, so you can go the top together, ski whichever run you want, and meet back at the Kreuzeck lift to do it again!
If you have the area pass you can go on the regular train for free from Garmisch to Lermoos and Ehrwald (and the other small resorts on the Austrian side), and on the ski bus, so you do not have to drive.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
A few days in Nendaz at the end of jan, 3 weeks in Avoriaz in feb/march and a couple of weeks in whistler (with a bit of cat skiing) in march April.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
biddpyat, Hi Smile We're off for a week in Arc 1950 in January so far. Have just moved to Belgium and don't have anyone nearby to look after our house rabbit, so we can't book anything else yet until we've found another sitter/victim. Going to fit some weekends in other that that!
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
WE are doing the following:

Nakiska- most weekends from sat just gone
Sunshine- around 8 days
Lake Louise- around 4 days
Fernie- around 3 days
Jasper around 2 days
Red deer for son for two days
Norquay for two days

Thinking about a kicking horse or pano couple of days too.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Val Thorens with Skiworld in Dec for a week
Zug/Lech with Skiworld in March for a week

Can't wait for either, first time i've done two weeks ski holiday for about 10 years.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Feb 1st me and wife of to morzine,first time I've been looking forward to it.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Going to Jackson Hole with the gang, 16 of us, in March, not been there for 10 years, can't wait! Meeting up with mates from Vail who are taking the 10 hour drive to get there. Les Carroz for a long weekend in January sometime, if there's any money left there'll be a weekend to Chamonix in April.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Just booked La Plagne in February for our group trip. Hopefully driving out somewhere for Christmas but not booked yet & I'm also hoping to sneak in a girlie weekend too Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
biddpyat, welcome to snowHeads! Very Happy

For me a week in Folgarida immediately followed by a week in Arabba, in the Dolomites, and a week in Val Thorens at the end of the season. I also hope to sneak a few days between those two trips, but that'll be a last minute thing, particularly since I shall be unable to do a full week because of other commitments.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
St Michael im Lungau, Austria, for a week at Easter. Can't wait!
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
meh, congratulations! Very Happy
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Nine of us (two families) arrive in Garmisch on Dec 28th!!!

Can't blooming wait!!!!
snow conditions
Doing a week in Ischgl in Jan followed by a week in St Anton. I can't wait, but somehow it's never enough. Shocked
snow report
I am just praying the snow is good in January, we get to Garmish on the 5th . Last year it was a bit warm so the lower slopes and the end of the Kandahar were closed, so we went up the zugzpitze and it was a white out, couldn't see your hand in front of your face, it was really hard to see where the piste was or wasn't, not that we cared but was one of those days when you aimed to be back at a ski lift somewhere, rather than miss it and have to pole back. Lermoos is ok if the snow isn't great in Garmish itself as their base station is higher, so you can almost always ski home.
Some of you other posters are going to such great resorts, I could totally be a ski bum, sadly I think that ship has sailed.
latest report
biddpyat, welcome to the forum. Hope you find out useful stuff etc.

Off to La Tania for New Year with the family and then Alpe D,Huez in Jan with a bunch of snowheads I met on this forum a couple of years ago
latest report
Lapland - Levi, I love Finnish Lapland, great snow, hire a Skidu for a day, watch the Northern lights, hot chocolate in a Lappish hut at midnight and of course a bit of skiing!
Val Thorens possibly in april.
Glenshee in scotland, hopefully as good as last season some of the days were as good as the Alps. Just got my own gear so going to get the advantage card (saving 40%) off a day pass and maximise my time there as it's only a short(ish) drive from my hoose.
Love reading where all you guys are going. snowHead snowHead
ski holidays
Schladming in Jan
Innsbruck in March
Lech in April
Yeeeeeee Haaaaaaa ! Very Happy
ski holidays
Just the 9 weeks in Les Deux Alpes Happy
snow conditions
We're off somewhere, not decided yet, Italy or France in January, and will be going to Yllas, Finland again in march. Loved it last year, x-country skiing and although alpine skiing limited, we had a great time. Log cabin was great, northern lights awesome, all in all, we had a really really good time. Even fed reindeer. Then we ate some. Lovely!
snow report
biddpyat, Hello and welcome!!

I'm off to Courchevel with family before Christmas, then Saalbach with a big group of friends end of Feb, then I've got an end of March trip planned to my beloved Val d'Isere. Can't squeeze in a 4th this season!
ski holidays
Should be seeing a fair few snowHead at the PSB at Tignes, squeezing in a few days in Verbier with the other guys at Whitedot then back home to Mayrhofen in Austria, can't wait for the winter to kick off now!
ski holidays
I know I can't wait either, I have been browsing the threads on this forum with a notebook and listing all the resorts to go and try out . I have been to quite a few, but I love trying new areas. Some of you are so lucky doing a few different places in one year.
snow report
HoneyBunny wrote:
biddpyat, Hello and welcome!!

I'm off to Courchevel with family before Christmas, then Saalbach with a big group of friends end of Feb, then I've got an end of March trip planned to my beloved Val d'Isere. Can't squeeze in a 4th this season!
Part timer!!
ski holidays
Saalbach Hinterglemm. Gonna go in December so hopefully the snow will be good. Very Happy I thought Saalbach Hinterglemm pissed over most over ski areas.
latest report
Gotta agree with Saalbach! One of the best ski areas I've been to!
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Train to Cluses on 27/12 then up the mountain the next day to Flaine for 7 whole days skiing. This will be the 4th year in a row, my boys (11 and Cool love it there and we are with friends too. Looking forward to it immensely.
snow conditions
Christmas in La Tania and then Obergurgl in March,both trips en famille with my two kids, than start saving for 2015 Cool
ski holidays
Bene wrote:
Q to all those who do multiple weeks like 4 or more do you work and use up all your holidays on ski trips? I know a couple of people are retired. Just being nosy..... And jealous! Toofy Grin

Glad its not just me that feels that way Toofy Grin

Nice to meet you biddpyat. Normally my son (16) and I do a week at half term in Val d'Isere with a whole group of friends and I grab a boys weekend in either Cervinia/Zermatt or Grand Bornand/La Clusaz. However this year we are going seriously off-piste with a trip to Japan at half term hoping to experience 6 days of the legendary Japow in Hakuba followed by two days in Tokyo. I'd like to get a weekend in as well but I'm just changing jobs so won't have the usual amount of holiday built up, will have to see how it goes.
ski holidays
Feeling a bit bereft this year. Last year I was working in Munich for 4 weeks in Feb/March so weekends to Austria were on. This year it will be whatever Scotland throws at us, oh and a long weekend in Les Arcs (sleeper out and back 3days flat outs skiing in the middle). So after reading all this lot a week in Austria has been booked for Feb. Phew that feels better!
snow report
Col the Yeti, Very Happy Perhaps see you in Scotland.

Me:
Jan 8th-18th: 2 days Innsbruck followed by 8 days St Anton
Jan 31st-Feb8th: 8 days Gressoney
Feb 28th-8th March: 8 days Ste Foy (though I may now have to go back half way through to transport a painting to a gallery - unless I get special dispensation)
+ perhaps a weekend in Scotland in late March?

But do people read through these posts - or just post their own holidays?
ski holidays
been to tignes and glacier 3000 this season already which is good.

spending all season in cham with a couple of weeks here and there in morzine Cool
latest report
Quote:

But do people read through these posts - or just post their own holidays?

Some of us do, quite interesting to see the big differences in a nerdy sort of way. Highlights what a diverse bunch SHs are snowHead
snow report
Looking forward to not being on snow everyday from mid-November to May! Got a pass to a local SoCal resort so will go there once or twice a week, planning on a couple of training days at Northstar in January, so will make that a week and ski at Squaw too. A couple of other trips to Squaw through March and April, and Mammoth for Convention at the end of April. Might make it to Whistler, depends on the client.

I did read all the other posts! Very Happy
snow report
Thollon, France - end of Jan
Megeve, France - early Feb.
Folgaria, Italy - mid Feb.
Glenshee, Scotland - mid March.
Abetone, Italy - April.
Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
snow report
Kitzbuhel over New Year with my mate. My beloved wife kindly offered to look after the kids while she allowed me to go away. I am sure there will be some payback coming up but anything is worth it.
snow conditions
Hintertux on Friday, Stubai probably next week. Throughout the season days in Ski Welt, Kitz or wherever. I have a Tirol Snow Card season ticket and will also buy a Salzburgerland Super Ski season pass soon. They give me the best of both provinces without any problems.
I also have 2 weeks in Altenmarkt playing around in Ski Amadé at Christmas/New year, another week there in February and yet another in March. Still have to sort out my Easter fix though.

I don't take any summer holidays and I clock up loads of overtime in the summer that I use up through out the winter. I also have 2 days a week home office which allows me the freedom to work when I want to as long as I complete the minimum number of hours per day (8.5 for me). Living just 30 minutes from the first entry to Ski Welt also helps, and I'm only an hour from Ski Amadé.
snow report
Samerberg Sue, Green with envy.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy