Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Montane Resolute Mitts

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Anybody any views/experience with these mitts for skiing use....a Raynauds syndrome sufferer!
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
The waterproof shell is exceptionally good, one of the best, I think.

The inner mitt is probably not quite what you're after though... fibre pile is noteworthy because it dries fast and stays warm even when saturated, not because it is the toastiest kind of insulation. Personally, I'd recommend a primaloft mitt of some kind. Unless you're skiing in the rain a lot, you don't need that fancy shell and its a big premium to pay. Montane's extreme mitt is a nice bit of gear, slightly warmer, and dirt cheap by comparison... it'll also cope very well with being soaking wet, if you do end up in the rain. The resolute inners don't have a grippy palm, so they're not great to use on their own.

If you do go for the resolute, size up so you can fit liner gloves on inside the mitts. I have the resolutes in large, and normally take medium gloves, and can just squeeze a thin pair of liner gloves on inside. I doubt you'll find anywhere selling them in an actual shop for you to try on in person, but you never know.

If you don't get sweaty paws and don't tend to ski in the rain, consider down mitts instead.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I've got a customer who's a Reynauds sufferer & has tried virtually every glove on the market will no avail & was on the verge of giving up skiing until he got some Thermic heated gloves. Pricey but apparently worth every penny.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
http://eu.blackdiamondequipment.com/en/ski-gloves/mercury-mitt-BD801116_cfg.html?dwvar_BD801116__cfg_color=Black#q=mitt&start=4

Possibly the warmest non-heated mitt.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Mollerski, speaks the truth. I bought the BD Mercury mitts last season out of desperation during a particularly cold January. They are the warmest things I've ever worn on my hands. The design is very well thought out — they are super easy to put on and take off and the construction is tough as nails. Most importantly, they have 200g Primaloft insulation. The Montane Extreme mitts use Primaloft Eco, which is only 100g, if I remember correctly.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks for the advice...have gone for the Black Diamond Mercury Mitts!
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
nogoodboyo Very Happy I could wax lyrical about the Mercury mitts. Six years of many £s spent on expensive gloves and mitts, the Mercury mitts are the only ones that have done the job.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy