Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

27 year old female needing a holiday buddy - Jan 2014

Poster: A snowHead
Hey

Just a quick post on the off chance anyone has a spare place or is also in the same situation and needs someone to holiday with!

I'm looking to go on holiday mid - late January for a week. Ideally to Austria but not essential. Unfortunately I seem to have run out of friends to convince to go with me. My friends are all non snow sports people. I did manage to convince my best friend to give it a try last year but she ruptured her ACL near the end of the week so won't be trying it again! lol

I used to ski but have recently taken up boarding! Ive done a few weeks on a board but I'm not amazing at it so don't expect better skiiers / boarders to stay with me on the slopes - im happy to book lessons and board alone Smile
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
There are a few snowHeads out in the Amade area in Jan, mostly staying at Flangesax's place ( http://www.austrian-adventures.com/ ) . I'm in Radstadt from the 11th but doing the first two weeks at another accommodation due to AA being fully booked until the 25th.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Millie10, I am sure you will get better offers, but we are off to Warth 11-18 January hoping to make use of the new link between Warth and Lech. We are flying out Manchester to Friedrichshafen and then hiring a car to get to Warth. Self catering probably but not yet booked accommodation, probably eat out 50% of the time.
'We' are myself, male 56yrs average piste skier, and a friend, male, 70 (I think), better piste skier than me.
You are welcome to join us but may prefer more youthful company
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You could always try the Pre Birthday Bash Warm up Week in Kronplatz. Here's the thread.

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=2340997&highlight=prebbwuw2#2340997

Or the Birthday Bash on the following week. This is the thread for that.

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=2271636&highlight=s10bb#2271636

Or you could really push the boat out and do both weeks.

Here's the link to the general Bash thread.

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=49389

snowHead

Last edited by You need to Login to know who's really who. on Sun 3-11-13 0:08; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Kronplatz - like Austria but with Italian food.
Lots of snowHeads to hang out with on the Pre Birthday Bash Week - the PreBBWUW2 in the last week of Jan snowHead

Last edited by Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do. on Sun 3-11-13 0:16; edited 2 times in total
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Millie10 wrote:
Hey

Unfortunately I seem to have run out of friends to convince to go with me. My friends are all non snow sports people.

Once you've been on a bash you'll have no shortage of friends to ski with. Toofy Grin

snowHead
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Laughing NeddySkiGoon, couldn't put it better myself Wink
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
admin wrote:

Wot, no goulash, gröstl or germknödel? Shocked
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
harrisonygwningen wrote:
admin wrote:

Wot, no goulash, gröstl or germknödel? Shocked

All of those plus Kaiserschmarr'n. And don't miss out on the Hollunderblutenliquoer
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
I didn't say "without Austrian food" did I? Neh Neh
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
admin wrote:

Absolutely not. It's the best of both worlds. With some interesting Ladin food thrown in for variety. Doughnuts filled with minced meat and poppy seeds on top anybody?
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Hey Millie10, I'm also considering a week somewhere, I've been thinking about Ischgl. I've never boarded but always fancied trying it so this could prove a good opportunity (I'd take my ski boots too just incase the boarding thing wasn't for me lol). I'm 28 and live in Swindon, if you're interested give me a shout and can weigh up the options! Smile Phil
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Hi Millie10, The Incredible Hug! I'm also looking to go in January. Most of the groups I found are for the week of Jan 11 or 12 and later, but my vacation starts on the 1st. There are a couple of groups leaving on the 5th but all of them to France... and I'd much rather go to Austria really. I'm 30, female, intermediate (and not very adventurous) skier -- but I would try boarding just for laughs. Ischgl seems like a fun place for intermediates and apre-ski. Smile
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Awesome! So you'd be looking to go more around the first week of Jan? The OP had initially said mid-late, personally I should be flexible with dates so long as I can get them confirmed by work. Yer Iscgl sounds fun, I got looking at it after thinking about a short break in time for the opening gig at end of nov/start of dec! Laughing
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
admin wrote:

You said "but". I definitely heard a "but". I don't like "but"s.

But I do like "and"s. Like:

And bombardini.

And calimeri.

Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays
Hi there. I have a mixed group ( ability and gender ) going to Les Arcs 18th Jan, for a week, and we need one more person. I can add you to a all girl room.
Inghams, £699 but cost you about £500. En suite, ages from late 20's to older, and mainly fairly mad group that's up for a laugh.
Get back to me on ac.patterns@gmail.com
ski holidays
Millie10 wrote:
Hey

Just a quick post on the off chance anyone has a spare place or is also in the same situation and needs someone to holiday with!

I'm looking to go on holiday mid - late January for a week. Ideally to Austria but not essential. Unfortunately I seem to have run out of friends to convince to go with me. My friends are all non snow sports people. I did manage to convince my best friend to give it a try last year but she ruptured her ACL near the end of the week so won't be trying it again! lol

I used to ski but have recently taken up boarding! Ive done a few weeks on a board but I'm not amazing at it so don't expect better skiiers / boarders to stay with me on the slopes - im happy to book lessons and board alone Smile

Hey I'm the same age as yourself and also from north wales. I'm looking to go skiing this season, looking like I could be going on my own also would love to do snowbombing in April would this be your thing?
ski holidays
Hello! I'm a 20 year old Scot organising a trip to Austria in the first week of Feb. 5 of us in total ages 20 - 31... Feel free to PM me if your interested. Looking at around £595 flying from Gatwick. That includes transfer and lift pass
latest report
ScotsSkifahrer, I'd like a few more details please - what resort are you going to and what's the male/female split?
snow conditions
Hi Millie10, ScotsSkifahrer I'm also 27 and a skier turned boarder in search of a few more pistepals. Doesn't really bother me where or when as long as there's some snow and good company.
latest report
Im in the same situation as you, and want to go skiing on 11th or 18th Jan.
But i need to go to La Tania, france (Nr Courcheval), as i want to have more lessons with the same indtructor
i had last year. (New Generation. English company)
Im Male ,43 and intermediate / good skier.
I skied with the same company 3 times last season, all last minute to avoid paying a suppliment.
My girlfrieng doesnt ski, so i need someone to share a twin room with, in an all inclusive chalet
made up of other smaller groups. Im friendly and easy going and this offer is good value and tried and tested.
Fly from Manchester,Birmingham or Gatwick, transfers,accommodation and meals £535 approx. 3 mins from slopes.
One run from Courcheval 1850.
Special offer on ski pass. Buy one, get 2nd free (All area pass, normally £236 per pass)

If you (or any other individual) is interested contact Nick on 07788 985132 or nickattwooll1@gmail.com ASAP to get this reserved etc,
as i dont really want to pay an extra £300 suppliment to go on my own!
snow conditions
Sam Taylor
snow conditions
Was anything sorted? I'm 29 and looking for a group to go with pref jan!
ski holidays
Millie10, Hi Millie, I'm 58 male well skiing, looking to share some days holidays in Austria. If you're interested in let me know.
Mike
ski holidays
I'm looking to find a solo skiier here that would like to take my friends place. she has a new job and can no longer travel with us. This is the run down of the holiday.

booked in August through Inghams.

5th - 12th Jan 2013, Alpe d'Huez, flying from Stanstead.

room 6 (Twin room) sharing with me in Chalet Pregentil. 2 minutes walk to the lifts. Room 5 is a double (My Stepdad and mother) and we have our own floor in the chalet with a small living room, balcony, our own bathroom in the chalet (with a tub).

All inclusive. Catered chalet, breakfast, light lunch and evening meal (including wine). So, no trudging to the expensive supermarket or washing up dishes, or climbing over people on a sofa bed in the night to get to the bathroom. There is a sauna and the chalet is in the centre of town.

Also included, lift pass, intermediate standard skis poles and boots, all transfers etc.

We paid 890 pounds each and are looking for someone to come up with 750.

I am an Actor/Dancer/Singer, 34, and my Step father is a stage manager. He is an advanced skiier, I'm beginner/intermediate and my dear mum will probably only ski 2 or 3 days for a couple of hours. She didn't even book a lift pass because she'll just do the bunny slopes where you don't need a pass. I want to get up early and have a decent breakfast and get the most out of the day, but you will find me in the bars every now and then aswell. Matthew and Lesley will probably hang out in the chalet most nights and drink wine and chat with the other guests.

Here is a link to the Chalet and resort alpe d'Huez.

http://www.inghams.co.uk/ski-holidays/hotels/item344221/chalet-pregentil/

http://www.alpedhuez.com/en/winter

Any further info, please write to me or post something in the thread.

davidlake@hotmail.com
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy