Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Driving to the Alps, St Quentin hotel, a recommendation.

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
On the way home from the alps yesterday, we stopped overnight at St Quentin. It's just over a hundred miles, a couple of hours from Calais so a good stop if you are leaving late from the UK.

We stayed at the Ibis budget in the town center, for 53 euro. The reason I'm recommending it is that when my car is stuffed full of expensive stuff I highly value secure parking which this hotel has. The car park access is controlled by the fully manned hotel reception and surrounded by high walls. It's 5euro extra. The bedrooms have a double bed plus a single bunk, there are places to eat close by. Don't bother with the breakfast!
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
jbob, useful, thanks. I think the IBIS budget hotels are about the best of the bunch, for this kind of stopover.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Former Etaps, they've refurbished quite a lot of them too. Worth remembering, I usually stay about 50 miles from Calais but if I fancy doing a few more miles this sounds good.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Anyone got a recommendation of a hotel with secure parking a bit further on, Troyes - Dijon sort of area? I'll be driving down with several months worth of possessions and was planning to sleep in the car, but if I can find a decent car park I'd much rather have a bed!
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
ArseCaptain, There are several in the Troyes area. At Barbery there is a B&B, a Premier Classe and Balladins, all within about 50 metres. B&B is gated
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
The B&B at Troyes St Parres is gated too.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
If you're heading towards Geneva from Dijon we stayed at the Ibis or Etap in Choisey near Dole.
Both just off the motorway, secure parking with locked gates, restaurant at the hotel (Ibis), Buffalo Grill next door (Etap), supermarket nearby for cheap fuel
Just the right distance from Calais and only 2 hours to Flaine in the morning - never had a problem leaving the car full of kit - boards & skis in the winter, bikes in summer
The Etap is a bit stark but OK for one night and much cheaper than the Ibis which is a higher standard - rooms also have a double and a bunk above so they can take 3 people
Biggest problem is that the Ibis bumps its prices up for Friday nights in winter (£55 per room in July but £145 in January)
Worth signing up to the Accor loyalty card as they sometimes have promotions and/or discounts that reduce the price further
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
jbob, thanks for the tip. We are doing Austria in Dec and needed a stop outside Calais but not a million miles for Friday night stopover. This should be ideal.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
If you're stopping in Saint-Quentin can I recommend an independent alternative to the huge chain hotels, the Hotel Le Florence (http://www.hotel-le-florence.fr/accueil_ang.asp). It's also right in the heart of town with parking in a walled and gated courtyard with rooms from 35 Euro per-night.

I stayed their during the summer and while it wasn't anything special it was clean, friendly and did the job perfectly well with a little more character than a this-hotel-could-be-anywhere chain.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Depending on budget, La Chartreuse de St Esprit is very good an hour south of Calais.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy