Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Inside / Out Tignes 4th November

Poster: A snowHead
rob@rar You need fatter skis mate.. wink
The quality of the snow on Thurs made the waiting around all worth while snowHead
Enjoy
Razz
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
There are some good photos of this trip on IOS Facebook page

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Sun 10-11-13 23:24; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
www.facebook.com/InsideOutSkiing

Album for this trip is here is anyone is interested.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
left tignes @ 15:00, and despite the slowest transfer driver in living memory and the slightly dodgy conditions leaving les boisses we made it to GVA come 18:00. Home in time for MOTD!

Good course despite the slightly challenging conditions we all learnt a lot. First time staying in Les Melezes with Mountain Sun and thought it was great. Sure the rooms are a little rough round the edges, but the food was fab - even though they don't have a chef yet and Ellie the chalet manager was having to cover. Nice bar and a great vibe made for a good trip.

Thanks to Rob, Scott and Ian for all their patent coaching and coming up with some interesting stuff for the 'down days'

The only downside was all these dodgy snowHead I had to put up with on the trip Laughing

Roll on Folgarida..
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
bertie bassett, you want fast? You need the maddest French driver I've ever encountered, the famous James. He overtook 2 snowploughs at 130 kph on the hard shoulder in a blizzard that was so bad it stranded us at GVA for 3 days, he's mental beyond belief.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
bertie bassett wrote:
The only downside was all these dodgy snowHead I had to put up with on the trip Laughing

+1
NehNeh Laughing NehNeh
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
A little late in the day, but here's a slideshow of photos from the trip earlier this month. Love the photo of ISki giving it some beans...

https://vimeo.com/80469891
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Cool
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
rob@rar, looks like you had a good time altogether Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
rob@rar wrote:
Love the photo of ISki giving it some beans...

Well that sounds as though I'm doing something you approve of snowHead. Although it's not a technical skiing phrase I recall from any of my lessons with you Laughing
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Iski, Laughing When we've skied variable snow (San Cass and in Tignes, for example) I will have talked about increasing your physical input, being a bit stronger so you don't get pushed around by the snow. The "grrrrr factor". Next time I shall talk about beans Happy
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Hyst wrote:
rob@rar, looks like you had a good time altogether Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
We did. More frustration than a typical pre-season week in Tignes because we had a lot of weather and snow, but great to be skiing awesome snow at that time of year. More photos on the blog if anyone is interested.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
rob@rar, great photos. I especially noticed the one of Iski on facebook, and admired its gnarliness!
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Reading Rob's blog I note my little tumble off the balance board got a mention. My back was killing me for over a week after my little whoopsie, collar bone was the least of my problems Wink
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Pedantica wrote:
rob@rar, great photos. I especially noticed the one of Iski on facebook, and admired its gnarliness!
We had two runs on the Champagny stade with lots of choppy snow on it. First run everyone was very tentative and thrown around by the snow. Second run everyone just blasted it. I'd like to think it was the result of the pep talk I gave them, but I think my group were just keen to head in for a hot chocolate and a warm-up so skied it like they were being chased.
ski holidays
skimottaret wrote:
... little ...
Little? The building shook.
latest report
but i was sooooooo close to sticking a 180 it was almost worth the 9 grammes of ibuprofen that needed to be consumed while GS skiing the next week Toofy Grin
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy