Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Storm Ski's on Sport Pursuit - any reviews?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Storm skis currently on Sport Pursuit going cheap. Does anyone have any reviews or opinions on them? I'm tempted by a pair of cheap twin tips for playing on.....
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Struggling to find much in the way of constructive reviews myself too. What I have seen looks generally positive however.

I was tempted until I googled them and found them £20 cheaper elsewhere and without the frustrating Sport Pursuit wait times.

I will get a pair - probably the Superforce Ti - for skinning up in the early morning and sneaking a quick run in before the lifts open and then for the occasional Hike and Ride during the day when conditions allow.

My view when things are this cheap - JFDI - if they're not good, sell them and buy something new next season. It will be totally cost neutral and you might even make some money!
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Search on here and there are a few. Storm are out of business so there's an eBay outlet with lots of stock too. Have thought about Twisted Sistas just to try them but not down the price level where I'll take a punt yet.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Have got a pair of Rages which are my usual all mountain ski and despite being described as park skis Andy who owns Storm (they ceased production last year) says there were his best selling one ski to do everything ski. I'm too old and brittle to try the park but mine have done everything I've asked of them on and off piste and are good fun to ride. I've also got a pair or Crossfires as (very) fast piste skis which are great fun.
Certainly I think they are great value for money (though check ebay, you may find what you want for less as there are loads of new Storms on there usually).
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I bought a pair of Storm Strikes on ebay about 2 years ago for about £120 (still out there and now about £99) and have probably skied about 20 days on them. Big twin tips, no rocker, easy to ski and good fun in powder for big radius turns! at that sort of money you can't go wrong especially if you can put quiver killers in yourself and swap your bindings around. I have just bought Atomic Automatics for this season, so you could buy my Storms if you like Toofy Grin (the quiver killers are probably worth more than the skis now)
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
jonathan22, I got a pair of Storm Devastator skis, 184cms 2010/11 season. A half decent do most things ski. Surprisingly good build quality, with nice feel and performance both on piste and off it. Don't be put off by the "British" made ski, these are well constructed and well designed skis that do the job.

The best of the bunch on Sport Pursuit are the Superforce Ti in 182cms or the Stormforce Pro if you are a lighter skier as there seems only the 175 cms left.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I bought a pair of Richochettes on ebay @ £150 inc bindings.
Impressive build quality and have to say they ride really well in powder.
Definitely worth a punt at not much more than a week's hire cost!
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I've just skied for a week on the Storm Detonate, and was very pleased with it. Comparing it to my other skis, Salomon Streetracer 10 is probably not entirely fair, as they are aimed at a slightly different market, but as that's what I am comparing them to, well, it will have to do.

The Detonate are great piste skis, light, initiate turns very easily and very happy skiing slowly (I often play lantern rouge behind my wife). I would have no hesitation recommending them to anyone, especially to improving intermediates who are improving their technique. However, in comparison to the (heavy as hell) Streetracers, they do lack precision. They carve nicely, but it doesn't feel as if you are on rails (as the Salomon). Stability at speed isn't an issue as some skis, but again there is a lack of precision, maybe that is something to do with my unfamiliarity; I did find myself trying to keep speed to the minimum needed to avoid walking at any point, it is to their credit that I could estimate that quite accurately.

Where they were out of their depth (or, maybe I was Wink ) was on Kamikaze (La Plagne into Champigny) a steep red with thin snow, first thing in the morning - it's a very south facing slope so sheet ice and a few heaps of snow. Not the easiest to ski and I got down on the Detonates without incident but it wasn't pretty.

The couple of times I went off piste for short lengths they didn't give me any cause for concern, the turn initiation remained good, and there was nothing to worry about.

I started off thinking I would sell one or the other, what has happened is that I have decided I will keep both, with the Salomons coming out when I know it will be ice or I want to go fast. In short, a quality ski very good at its intended market.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy