Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

France:Aravis - Le Grand Bornand /La Clusaz / Manigod-Merdassier - 2013/2014

Poster: A snowHead
one of the common things is to not get the full url of the image. Double check you are copy and pasting the full address.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
gvj, I got instruction from MazDave, ! Basically I just did what Renry, suggests, I used photobucket. From what I recall, if you click on the photo after you've uploaded it , it gives a few options one of which is called IMG and when you click on this, it copies the link and then you paste it into your snow heads post. I tried a few times but it worked eventually!
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Pistes in great condition after last evening's new snow. Envers run down to LGB village now at last officially open.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
For those familiar with the manigod / croix fry area is it worth
Pre booking ski hire from Veyrat sports or are they likely to be the
same price if booked when we get there.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
One of those lovely days when everything is right! The pistes are in excellent condition benefitting from the recent snowfalls. The off piste looked spectacular, the sun shone all day and it was very uncrowded everywhere. Gorgeous .
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Arrived in Le Grand Bornand at 5pm this evening

Nice to arrive to sunshine & plenty of snow on the trees
Looking forward till tomorrow

Geneva was so so quiet, only flight in the baggage reclaim & the smoothest transfer here
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
snowscreen, welcome back to LGB - have a great time. loatie, glad you had a good day, look forward to catching up with you next week. Super views on gypaete today (good excuse to rest the legs). Wierd, but I'm becoming quite addicted to Envers.
One thing new this year, hoards of school kids used to be confined to Wednesdays and weekends, this year they seem to be popping up almost every day.....almost seems, dare I say it.....busy at times. I mean, I had to queue for nigh on a minute to get on a drag lift once today. Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
gvj, lol! See you soon.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Definitely better in the morning than the afternoon today.
Went up fairly early and managed to catch a little sun before the light went well and truly flat.
Was back in by 4 as the sun was showing no signs of coming back out from behind the cloud and the flat light wasn't amazing.

Offpiste wasn't too crusty at all considering the last snowfall was Sunday? Might be pushing it a bit expecting much from that tomorrow though.

Quiet slopes as usual Happy

ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Middle pic is lump in throat material. My favourite cafe in all the world.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
is it to early to get excited about our family trip to Manigod / la Clusaz next Friday with the forcast predicting decent snow for Wed and Thurs next week.
Its a bit long range but hey I can but hope. Cant wait Cool
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.

Just a shot of Envers from the Rosay bubble when the sun was out on Tuesday - mainly to see if I can post photos again....
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Bit of a flat light again today but still very good conditions out there. Seemed even quieter. Daughter and friend arriving this evening and I think we will be in for a treat tomorrow if the 85% sunshine appears as predicted.
Good pic gvj, wink
Mr Pieholeo, Sad hopefully you will be able to get out soon
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
loatie - won't be happening. That's our 'old life'. Really miss the place though.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
1 big cloud seemed to hang over the resort for the 1st hour today, after that the skies cleared & it was a beautiful day

Did a little sunbathing on the Maroly deckchairs, despite the sun some snow still remains on the trees

Hearing alot more English voices on this trip

Few hours on the slopes tomorrow & then have a flight home to catch
ski holidays
Have just posted this on the Megeve thread, but thought it may be of interest in this one too….

I have to also put in a word for a new ski shop on this thread, who have opened up a new ski hire shop just a few metres down the road from our chalet. They are not actually the ski shop we have a professional relationship with (so I have nothing to gain from this recommendation as they are not the guys giving us free hire skis or anything like that), but the guy *really* knows his stuff and all the kit is brand new… and then you see the prices and go Shocked

http://www.alpesaventures.com

The website is still all in French at the moment (English version on it's way I believe) but if any of you are coming anywhere near La Giettaz and want to go for these amazing deals, then I will help you if your French is not quite 100% (even if you're not staying with us). In fact, I think the deals are so crazy I'm going to post this on the La Clusaz thread too - definitely worth an extra 15 minutes' drive from La Clusaz for this I think.
latest report
Sunny Friday..
Continuing the theme of great LGB on piste eateries, here are two of our favourites,..
La Taverne - so good they named a lift after it...

and La Colombiere de Neige...

If their plat de jour is linguine des plurottes avec creme de cepe again then try a little slice of heaven for 10 euros mmmm...

and a new use for snow slab...

Oh, yes, weather report - moderate snow at 800m right now snowHead
ski holidays
gvj, really great pics.

We undertook a bit of a mission today, starting at gypaette and then dropping off to the left when you get to the piste above the drag. Some 'interesting' moments as we made our way down to the chapel de buchet to pick up the bus to get back to lgb! Had to give the girls a good last day and the weather was pretty amazing. Some really lovely tracks through the trees and picturesque chalets en route but not so keen on my face plant into a stream! Snow and cloud forecast for tomorrow so had to make the most of today. The pistes over on the maroly sector this morning before we started our adventure were really fantastic. Will try and post some pics.
ski holidays

snow report
Chapeau! famille Loatie - look forward to hearing more about your off piste adventures! Very Happy
snow report
Quote:

not so keen on my face plant into a stream

Laughing apart from that it sounds a terrific day; bravo!

gvj, great pictures of the eateries but you've made a mistake on the price - I'm afraid food in French mountain restaurants costs much more that. wink
ski holidays
pam w, yes yes, of course it does - I left a zero off probably. You definitely DON'T want to come and stay in LGB where the locals are all really unfriendly and all the mountain eateries are absolute rip offs just like all the industrialised mega resorts in the rest of France.... (that was close) Very Happy
latest report
Chucking it down in chinaillon atm and has been for a few hours now!
snow report
latest report
Can confirm that, despite what snow forcast etc says, it's still snowing +++ down to approx 600m
snow report
gvj, have messaged you re meeting up but don't think you have received? Could you text Phil as he seems able to be in contact with you......?
snow report
Really beautiful day out on the slopes today. Lots of people up and out early to make the most of conditions following yesterday's dump of snow. Gorgeous snow off piste to float around in. The sun was shining till mid afternoon when the cloud closed in a bit but the legs had pretty much had it by then anyway! Really was 'one of those days'.
ski holidays
loatie, sorry we missed you. Had to help out a neighbour at the last minute. Snow was indeed lovely, when we eventually got there.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Arrived in croix fry to 2 foot of fresh. Pow
snow conditions
Renry, enjoy!
ski holidays
Feel like the season has really finally taken off snow wise in last week. Superb conditions off and on piste snowHead
ski holidays
Had another excellent day today at manigod. Most importantly the kids ( aged 6 and 8 ) had their second
1.5 hr private lesson and are now skiing wonderful parallel turns. They are on their first trip to the
mountains and have had only 4 hrs tuition at xscape prior to our holiday. I am completely shocked
and unbelievably proud of them. The ESF instructor even had them up one of the main chair lifts
and down some blues before joining back with the green nursery slope. They have achieved far
more in 3 hrs then I could ever imagine with two more 1.5 hr lesson to do. I must say that as a
person who over the last 8 years has spent one week per year charging around the mountain covering
as much of the mountain as he could I have found a true joy of the mountains and a ski resort by
spending time with the family and watching the kids learne to ski well.
The snow has been excellent and the slopes much quieter today the the weekend
Can't wait for tomorrow. Can't wait for tomorrow
snow report
Ps. Sorry about the layout of my post. Using my phone
snow conditions
Renry, Brilliant stuff - Couldn't agree more. My 'kids' are pretty grown up now but am so glad we discovered skiing as a family. It's something I envisage that we will all continue to enjoy together for years to come. (Especially as dad's wallet seems to still take a disproportionate battering when we're all together!!) wink
snow report
Its currently raining in Croix fry. lots of snow down with plenty of powder to play in but its getting a bit heavy on the lower slopes. Going back out after lunch.
Wind is getting up a bit too. Sad
snow report
Ok so myself and my son braved the wind and rain and managed three runs from top to
bottom before we called it a day. Very wet and windy. I must say we have be blessed with
fantastic snow conditions while we have been here in Croix Fry (apart from today ) Lots of fresh smow and on
the whole pretty good weather. The snow has fallen most nights and some during the day
We have seen plenty of sun and the trees have always had a covering of snow. But most
importantly for me the wife and kids have enjoyed their first week in the mountains and the
children had four great private lessons with a fantastic ESF instructor learning and achieving
more then I could ever have imagined.
snow conditions
Renry, sounds like you've had a great family holiday. Last few days' conditions have been superb. We bailed out today for a shopping trip to Chamonix and Sallanches. Heavy driving rain all day in the valley even up in Cham, culminating in a spectacular thunder storm on the autoroute back past Bonneville. Trees down in the gorge and now snow at 800m. Plenty of weather. Hope to see what it's done to the LGB slopes first hand tomorrow.
snow conditions
Post holiday blues. Sad
latest report
Renry, Sad not a great feeling. I don't know how feasible it is for you but the proximity of lgb, la clusaz etc to geneva airport make it very 'doable' for a weekend/short trip. We've quite often got a Friday evening flight out and then back on Sunday evening. Just a thought ......
ski holidays
bRenry, just seen the above. Fsb innit. Tskes me back.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy