Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

People smoking weed on Colorado slopes get ski passes revoked

Poster: A snowHead
It seems there's some confusion about Colorado's new law legalising personal marijuana use. Apparently, just 2 weeks into the season, several visitors to Arapahoe Basin Ski Area have had their ski passes revoked because of public use of marijuana. In fact, the new law states that marijuana usage in public is still illegal....See: http://gazette.com/passes-revoked-at-arapahoe-basin-over-marijuana/article/1508366
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Would have thought the sensible thing would be to warn visitors found smoking rather than revoke passes. A repeat offender sure. Can't say I've been away of anyone smoking joints on the slopes in Europe. But maybe I am naive!
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Laughing
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Guess its a privately owned area and they can do what they like!

Layne, you've only gotta hang around the snowparks and it wont take long for the smell to hit you!
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
eddiethebus wrote:

Layne, you've only gotta hang around the snowparks and it wont take long for the smell to hit you!

AIUI the colorado ski areas are on federal land.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Layne wrote:
Would have thought the sensible thing would be to warn visitors found smoking rather than revoke passes. A repeat offender sure. Can't say I've been away of anyone smoking joints on the slopes in Europe. But maybe I am naive!

I believe the old slow gondola from Grindelwald Grund up to the Männlichen above Wengen which takes about 30 mins is referred to by certain people as the "2 spliff lift".... Laughing
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
feef wrote:
eddiethebus wrote:

AIUI the colorado ski areas are on federal land.

learn something new every day. I thought that most US ski areas were privately owned!
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Layne, in France you've only got to hang around the instructors/lifites/pisteurs/piste-basher drivers/goats...
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
So that's why my kids think the French smell funny.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
albinomountainbadger wrote:
Layne, in France you've only got to hang around the instructors/lifites/pisteurs/piste-basher drivers/goats...

so pretty much anyone then Laughing it does surprise me sometimes just how much weed gets smoked openly in france considering how harsh the law is. I wouldnt want to get caught out here Shocked
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Clearly I'm not paying enough attention wink I don't need weed to chill me out Laughing
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
eddiethebus, admittedly I'm more in the French than British ex-pat community in the alpes, but I'm often the only person in a room not smoking weed... Friend lost his licence into the French administration for 6 months after a random blood test showed up his smoking from the night before; just not worth the hassle IMHO.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
i'm not sure who are more guilty in cham, the locals or expats, probably not much in it....
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Reminds me of my early seasons in Meribel, when a certain ski school was renowned for sending kids up in the old Saulire bubbles but the instructors getting one to themselves which they would promptly hotbox. The fact that everybody in resort was aware didn't seem to bother them Laughing
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
albinomountainbadger wrote:
eddiethebus, admittedly I'm more in the French than British ex-pat community in the alpes, but I'm often the only person in a room not smoking weed... Friend lost his licence into the French administration for 6 months after a random blood test showed up his smoking from the night before; just not worth the hassle IMHO.

I would be careful about that - I avoid hanging out in a room full of spliffers if I'm going to be driving myself - too much second-hand smoke and you could easily find it showing up in your own blood test - and you could easily get hauled over for it as your clothes would have a give-away smell.

Surely the US thing is that they don't like people "under the influence" on the slopes? I've not been there but have heard that they are down on too much alcohol too, which is perfectly legal as well but impairs judgement and can result in injury to others. I'm very unhappy when I see people drinking heavily on the slopes - young students handing round spirits on lifts or middle-aged claret drinkers veering wildly after a late lunch. Get away from my precious knee ligaments!!!

V.
latest report
Wow, if they applied this in Mayrhofen the park and Grillhof would be deserted....
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy