Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

La Tania 14 December (or Meribel)?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hello all!

Love a bit of advice if anyone can help? I have been effectively forced to use up some annual leave before the end of the year, and since I have to use three days I am going to take a sat-wed ski trip. The latest i can travel is the 14-18th December, so the geneva flights are booked!
We fancy a luxury chalet deal, since there are a couple of them going for much less than the full season prices. Had a few reasonable offers, primarily for Morzine, but also a noce looking option in La Tania, and another in Meribel.

Effectively decided to rule out Morzine as I dont fancy downloading every day from Avoriaz.

So really looking for any advice on the 3V that early in the season? Would links be likely to be open? Would the runs to La Tania be likely to be open? LAst time I was in the 3V we stayed in Courchevel, in late March, the trips to Meribel very quickly had it known as 'slushibel', and probably in part due to this I am leaning towards La Tania (also probably a nicer chalet).

Any advice well appreciated!
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
SkiG, we had a large party of Snowheads in two of our chalets for these dates last season. The snow was excellent (I don't think there has been any year over the past 6 or 7 when it hasn't been possible to ski back to the village, in the first week of the season), but last season there were some areas of The 3 Vs that didn't have all lifts open. That does seem to be a local decision, made on the day and impossible to confirm at this stage if it'll happen again; however, there will still be plenty of skiing. Pistes will be quieter too of course Very Happy

PM if you need any more help
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
SkiG, I've done that week for at least 10 of the last 15 years. That's opening week for both Meribel and La Tania and is a good time to ski. The higher stations of C1850 and Mottaret open the week before. The links will almost certainly be open between Meribel /Courchevel/Belleville valleys; in a very low snow year the top link to VT is sometimes closed but it has to be really low snow. High winds will of course close all the links but IME that's more common in January.

Slopes are quiet, only about 70% of lifts/pistes are open (they focus on the major ones and save the less used areas for Xmas week) but the lift pass is reduced in price accordingly. There's more than enough skiing for a week's fun, though and it makes it good value. The blue run home to LT (Folyeres) will definitely be open - there is copious snowmaking all the way down - the red probably not which really doesn't matter as it's the blue which takes you to the pub wink
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Agree with the others.. unless it is a really bad snow year then there will be more then enough to play on for a couple of days. I don't know a year yet when the blue run down to resort has not been open on the first day.

See you in the pub!
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
SkiG, we did exactly what you are doing two years ago. The snow came late and a couple of weeks before I paniced a bit, but it came, there was plenty and plenty of runs open. It was also very quiet on the slopes. The biggest queue we had was the queue the four of us made. We will be in La Tania after you, so hope you have an excellent time
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy