Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Have a guess where the Lancashire Evening Post recommends you should ski

Poster: A snowHead
It's a place that's been mentioned (from time to time) on snowHeads over the years ...

... but has it ever been selected as the hotspot "for adrenalin junkies"?

See halfway down this article, which is imaginatively titled "On a slippery slope" [the Lancashire Evening Post clearly has a crack team of sub-editors]
http://www.lep.co.uk/what-s-on/travel-leisure/on-a-slippery-slope-1-6186348

I thought the resort in question was best known as a sliding zone for 'keen red-runners' and 'restaurant cruisers'.

Is the Lancashire Evening Post correct?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Yad Moss Puzzled
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Funny how the reporter thinks "You wouldn’t perhaps associate new-fangled fads like snow bikes with the uber-traditional image of Austria.". I remember ski-bikes from the early seventies when I was there.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I went on my first ever ski holiday to La Rosiere. I'm hardcore.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Comedy Goldsmith, Of course the LEP is correct, I'm glad to see Simon Atkinson got a mention as well.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I thought they would say Pendle!
http://www.pendleskiclub.org
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Lungau isn't in Tirol either.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Peter S +1
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Peter S, or if you buy the area ski pass http://www.skirossendale.co.uk is a must visit adrenaline junkie sliding area Very Happy
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Think the Anton section is a little out of date now as the Montjola has been rented and chaletised.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Job vacancies, uploaded this morning, from the resort that's hot-tipped by the Lancashire Evening Post ...

New pub & restaurant in La Rosière
http://jobs.natives.co.uk/jobs/bar_work/ski/europe/bar_restaurant_staff-5923.html
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
rogg wrote:
Funny how the reporter thinks "You wouldn’t perhaps associate new-fangled fads like snow bikes with the uber-traditional image of Austria.". I remember ski-bikes from the early seventies when I was there.

I remember when my father (who had been a very good skier) had a kind of MS and couldn't ski any more, he had a go on the new ski bikes (with mini skis on the feet for ballance). That was 1960 or 1961. But as he said at the time: he had tried one in the early 1930s. Here is a photo of him on the right, back then, with his friend on a snow bike: admittedly a bit primitive, but still....

Last edited by And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports. on Mon 28-10-13 11:15; edited 2 times in total
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
snowball, just goes to show, there's no new tricks...... splendid picture by the way.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
snowball,

Great pic.

In the good old days it looks like you could do everything while wearing a suit (e.g. snow bike, go sledging, ski, climb everest etc)
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
snowball, Wonderful photo, thanks for posting it.
ski holidays
DB wrote:
In the good old days it looks like you could do everything while wearing a suit (e.g. snow bike, go sledging, ski, climb everest etc)

A gentleman has to maintain standards don't you know. Toofy Grin
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy