Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Manchester Ski and Snowboard Show

Poster: A snowHead
Is there more to this than paying £12 to walk into a shop?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I'll tell you Sunday night....
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
We're going tomorrow...been to London one before. If nothing else, it gets you all excited for the new season. First FIS race at Solden this weekend too!!
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
I will be there tomorrow afternoon.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Went this morning. It is the usual display of goods, holidays and lots of competitions. There a few good offers around and the venue is a big improvement on GMex. Is it worth £12, probably not? I was lucky enough to get some free tickets. I'd have possibly gone along anyhow but on my own not with my wife. It gets you in the mood and makes you feel like the season is just around the corner but in my opinion probably better as an event for those who've not done a lot of skiing and don't know where to find information.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
I went today and agree with Ade75's post. Got some free tickets from a link here (Thanks Snowheads Very Happy ) but did the whole show in 45 mins.
Still we have a bag of brochures, some cool stickers, and piste maps to keep us planning our next trip.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Went this afternoon and agree with all above. Probably a lot more useful for people who haven't done seasons etc. Got a few ski magazines and trying curling was fun. Very Happy Also got free tickets, probably not worth £12 for everyone.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
We'll be going to London show next weekend, the kids will be hoovering up the freebies no doubt as C was looking at her skis tonight and commenting on the lack of stickers! Think Em will be asking the various seasonaire folks whats what even though she is still a few years from her first one.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Does anyone know where I can get these free tickets from? Think we are going tomorrow?
If anyone can help?
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
The tickets I got were on offer until Thursday from Snowzine. I can't imagine anyone is offering freebies now.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
On the way now. See what all the fuss is about!
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Went today, and if I'm honest, boring. Basically just people trying to sell you holidays in overpriced chalets that are cheaper on the internet. They had some good ski's that were reduced by 50%. I can't quite figure out the £13 entrance fee if I'm honest?
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Yes ... Went today too but on a £5 ticket so don't feel to ripped off.

Disappointing would be the word I would us - although far better than last years NEC shambles.

Place was pretty empty and was told that Friday was dead.

Nothing really new there ... 2 exhibitors that jumped out were ...

1. The bloke trying to sell plastic bags to put your phone in to protect it from water for a fiver!!!
2. Experience India stand competing with the Tirol stands mega bass complete with mans dresses as a chipmunk or something

Only good giveaway was EB giving out vouchers for free ski service .... Anybody used EB for services - any good..?

Very Happy

Last edited by So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much on Sun 27-10-13 0:16; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Phyllis Stein, the St Bernard dog was cute! Actually, that was the highlight for us. Pretty poor when the best part of a ski show is a dog lay on the floor!
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Oh, well

looks like I'll be wasting my day.

Bought the tickets off Groupon months ago and so I might as well use them Embarassed
snow conditions
It was a bit poor, picked up some brochures and leaflets for ideas for upcoming holidays, had a coffee, bit of a wander, look at some of the stuff on sale. Got the tickets on 2 for 1, and we're pretty local, but I think I would have been disappointed if I'd travelled further for it.
ski holidays
Did I hear somewhere that the Manchester tickets entitle you to a free ski at Chillfactore Puzzled
snow conditions
mountainaddict, yes, you get a free one hour pass. It's valid until next August. I think it's only Monday to Friday until March. After that it's more flexible.
latest report
the huskies were very cute too. Enjoyed the show, talking to people who are passionate about their business or mountain and learning about some new places to potentially venture. All in all, it got us very excited for our January ski trip and convinced my wife to let me go on the spring off piste bash!!!!

2-4-1 tickets and live local, so as above, wouldn't have been as happy if we had travelled a long distance and paid full price.
latest report
How easy, (what hoops do you have to jump through) do to get the chill factore passes

I live in North Manchester and so would DEFINITELY use them
ski holidays
kiteman69, it was pretty easy. Just walked up to the desk, filled in some details and she gave us 2 tickets. You'll have to book it over the phone and for an extra £5 you can stay for 2 hours. Definitely worth it if you are going anyway.

No huskies or St Bernards on Friday! Sad Sad
ski holidays
I'm glad I read this, or I might have wasted a day by going over.
latest report
Dia_FindTransfers wrote:
No huskies or St Bernards on Friday!

I believe they were having their traditional fish and chips supper.
snow conditions
Comedy Goldsmith, that explains it! The reindeers must have felt a bit left out... No vegetarian option I guess... Very Happy
snow report
This is a bit depressing, was planning to do the drive up from Cornwall to London for the show next weekend. After reading this might give it a miss. TBH it was to start getting me in the mood for this season. Sounds like it wont help.

I always remember the shows fondly from when i used to do stands there, although it was always a little blurry Twisted Evil
snow report
I heard that they've signed the deal with event city to do the shows there for the next five years, it could really do with some skiers doing a few somersault ect to liven it up a bit.
snow report
gad, agreed, lack of features and something for visitors to watch means that people didn't hang around long. And I'm not sure 5 years (I heard 3) is a good move because Birmingham is back!... http://mountainlifeshow.com/ - the week before. Can the market stand two shows outside of London. I think not.
snow conditions
gad, Definitely but the roof is too low. I suggested to someone they have a slope outside if they couldn't do it inside. It might attract a bit of extra custom.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I heard they weren't doing the Birmingham one Puzzled
ski holidays
Bode Swiller, I'm sure that would be overkill. I think the Manchester location makes better sense but not for a 3rd show.
ski holidays
gad wrote:
I heard they weren't doing the Birmingham one Puzzled

They cancelled the Birmingham one this year because it was the same weekend as the Manchester one, but from Bode Swiller's link it looks like the Birmingham one is back for next year (2014).
snow conditions
I thought it wasn't too bad for little kids with there being the Ice skating, the little slope on the back of that wagon and that bouncy castle ski slope thing, my lad ran onto the bouncy castle and decided to wrestle one of the snowmen so ran at it, jumped on it and it flung him backwards about four feet Laughing
snow conditions
Ade57 wrote:
Bode Swiller, I'm sure that would be overkill. I think the Manchester location makes better sense but not for a 3rd show.

There used to be many more shows. Southampton always kicked it off, then Birmingham, London, Manchester, then Freeze and sometimes Glasgow. Glasgow cancelled this year but I'm hearing it'll be back next year. Personally I think there's room for London, and either Manchester or B'ham and a scaled-down show for Scotland.
snow report
Any bargains on ski clothing? Need to kit the OH out and heading London show next week.
snow conditions
Bode Swiller, were those 'olden day' shows any better than this weekends Manchester zzzzzzzzzzzzzz ?
snow report
So 2 shows into 1 and the overwhelming review seems to be "boring" or "pointless" at best, yet someone wants to get the crash cart out again for Birmingham? The "UK Ski Industry" is mental.
latest report
Dia_FindTransfers wrote:
No huskies or St Bernards on Friday!

They were there on Sunday!
snow conditions
FraserP, they only had reindeers on Friday! I feel cheated! The reindeers were cute though! Smile
latest report
Well, what do folks really want out of a show? You know before you pay at the door that you are paying to walk round advertising.

If you already have gear and a holiday booked which we do, then you might ask what is the point of going, but anyone that goes and then complains about the content is living in cloud cuckoo land IMO. What else do you expect from a show? Gear stands, holiday stands, insurance stands, Cambridge ski non-safety, Ortovox ski safety, ski carriers and other gimicks, over-priced food and drink. So you spend a few hours out of the house, have a gossip with the stall holders, fill in a few forms for the competitions, drool over the new gear and skis you don't need and can't afford, dream about holidays you will never take, and watch some of the demos. If you expect more than that then don't go as I can't think what else you are expecting to see (maybe enlighten us if you fall in that camp?). I just like wandering around looking at the gear, chatting and seeing what there is to see, and we met Graham Bell (again) and Henry from HAT - it's just a change of scenery more than anything else - might go to London on Friday Laughing
latest report
Did anyone take advantage of the free lift passes in resorts, we did and went to get ours for st anton in March ....

Well they're only valid in early January Evil or Very Mad
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy