Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Off piste guides Les Arcs

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Can anyone recommend a guide and ski areas for a group of relatively in experienced off piste skiers based in Bourg for long w/e end of Jan.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Try http://www.lesarcsnet.com/ski/guides.html or http://www.guidesdesarcs.com/

I have used Arc Adventures and the Bureau des Guides in the past. Both have been good.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Alain and the gang at initial snow may be worth a shout too
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
There are huge possibilities for off piste in the area at Les Arcs/La Plagne, Tignes/Val d'Isere and if you don't mind a journey, The 3 Valleys (but you don't really need that with all the nearer possibilities). And last but not least you must ski at St Foy just up the road towards Val d'Isere which has great off piste both on the front, accessible without a guide if you wish, and with a guide off the back.
On the whole the Les Arcs off- piste (and on piste) skiing is more challenging than La Plagne with the exception of the North face of Bellecote which has a variety of steep descents. However there are several suitable descents for you in Les Arcs too, though they tend to be less apparent than those in La Plagne. The two resorts are linked by a lift if you want to avoid taxis or buses and just go up the Les Arc cog rail link from the town.
Tignes /Val d'Isere (which can be accessed by several public buses each day) is famous for its huge off piste possibilities and, as the highest of the nearer resorts tends to have the best snow when conditions are not so good. In particular there is very good off piste at the Le Fornet end of the resort.
I think one or two of the Alpine Experience and Top Ski guides, who operate from Val d'Isere, live in Bourg and you could make a private booking (why not contact the companies). Both companies organise groups of different standards which you can join ( by travelling up to Val d'Isere) but Alpine Experience is probably more suitable since they have more emphasis on less experienced off-piste skiers and all the guides speak English (many are native English speakers).

Do you have a hotel in mind? I can recommend the Petite Auberge (though I haven't been there for many years, so I hope it is still there) which is run by a couple one of whom is English. It has a good restaurant and good size rooms and is amazingly cheap. However it is on the edge of town ( a very long walk) so you need to use the bus or have a car.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
the LPA is definitely still there
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Many thanks for all this advice, will try those suggestions.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
annalipp, if you're still looking then I was the Resort Rep for a TO in Plan Peisey last season and when we had guests wanting an off piste guide for Les Arcs/La Plagne we sent them to New Generation. The feedback was brilliant and they are pretty flexible so could probably arrange to meet you at the top of the Funicular which takes you from Bourg into Les Arcs. Well worth having a chat ot I'd say!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy