Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Is it possible to watch World Cup ski racing online?

Poster: A snowHead
As above really, I don't have Eurosport and I believe the coverage is quite patchy anyway. Any suggestions?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
queen bodecia, You can pay for Eurosport Player. In what way is coverage supposed to be patchy ?

Have you thought about getting satellite ? I have a really old dish and a cheap digital decoder, I don't have a subscription to anything.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
rjs, I already have BT Vision, but I can't upgrade to Eurosport because I don't have BT Infinity in my area yet. From what I have read on the internet, British Eurosport doesn't show all of the skiing, is that correct?
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
The watch that Eurosport use to keep track of time, varies randomly. Not a hope in hell's chance of actually watching what the schedules say will be on at the specified time.

Eurosport does show more wintersports than British Eurosport.

Expect to see tennis though.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
andy, so can I subscribe to Eurosport online rather than British Eurosport? It looks like British Eurosport only from the link rjs has posted above.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
It doesn't look like I can. Even if I go to the German Eurosport Yahoo page it directs me to British Eurosport if I go to the player link. Is £3.99 per month worth it for the amount of skiing coverage there is? And is it likely to take me over my 10MB monthly internet limit?
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
queen bodecia, I use this site to watch live sport that is being broadcast by TV channels I cannot normally see: http://myp2p.cc/index.php?part=home

I've only used it for Rugby and Cricket but can't see any reason why it would not also be useful for winter sports.

It is going out live on Swiss, Austrian and German TV as well, so if you can hide your location you should be able to tune into them. These are the stations and their times:

Saturday 09.00 ORF1,
09.15 Eurosport (Germany/Austria - not UK)
09.20 SF2
09.25 ARD
These are all the times of the first run.
Second run broadcasts (starts at 12.45):
ORF1 12.15
Eurosport 12.30
ARD 12.30
SF2 12.35

Sunday the broadcast times for the 1st run:
ORF1 09.00
Eurosport 09.15
SF2 09.20
ARD 09.25

and the second run:

ORF1 12.15
Eurosport 12.15
SF2 12.35
ARD 12.40

Add an hour to the start times as these are all CET and you are on CET +1

Good luck - I'm going to be there watching and cheering Toofy Grin
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Quote:

And is it likely to take me over my 10MB monthly internet limit?

10meg or 10gig?
if the former, erm almost definitely.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
queen bodecia, The schedule for the weekend looks as if you would get to see the whole broadcast.

I have always watched the skiing on Eurosport International or German TV so don't have a feel for how much British Eurosport skips at other times.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
andy, 10MB. I currently use about 3-5MB per month.

Samerberg Sue, thanks, I'll have to try that link at home. It doesn't work at work!
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Samerberg Sue, I tried the MyP2P website at the weekend to watch some football and was going to use it for the skiing. It asked to run a link to enable it but my computer security identified it as a problem. How did you overcome it or did you already have the necessary software? I'm resigend to subscribing to Brit Eurosport at the weekend.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
queen bodecia, 10MB a month won't let you view much skiing online, like andy I would guess that you can download 10gig.

I use about 200MB a day.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
10meg is less than the daily limit on my phone when roaming internationally.

Thought some of the skiing was on ZDF or RTL ? Maybe that's just cross country, biathlon, ski-jumping etc. Not checked who's got the rights for the olympics here.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
andy, The post from Samerberg Sue above states that it will be on ARD.

I have just moved my dish to point at 19E, waiting for the scan to finish to see what channels are free.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
rjs, ah. didn't read that one (fully)

PS clocks change this weekend if you're thinking about getting up 1st thing Sunday.

Be useful to know which channels are free on 19.2E. RTL is useful for those that like F1 and don't wish to pay Murdoch for the privelege. edit: and the audio is on Radio5Live (or R5L-SX).

I do the opposite and point at 28.2E to get UK telly. Not my fault if Astra/Eurobird beam UK telly at my house and I read the compass wrong when aligning the dish Wink
ski holidays
rjs, German Eurosport is certainly free on Astra from 19degE, and usually carries the World Cup Ski racing, as well as X-C skiing, biathlon etc.
ski holidays
andy, I have just been watching Eurosport Deutchland, I saw ZDF listed too.
snow conditions
Eurosport is not nearly as patchy as the P2P services. I find Eurosport subscription is worth it, especially with ability to replay (and repeats).
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy