Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Experienced skier - First trip abroad - Where to head ?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
under a new name, for touring, Silvretta, Oetztal and Stubaital are classics. Arlberg has lots of great stuff. My gf's parents photos from trips up/around the Grossglockner, Grossvenediger, Hohe Tauern, Dachstein, Ennstal look pretty epic. I'm told Pitztal is good too. This blog lists many of the day tour type stuff around Innsbruck: http://www.60ergang.at/wordpress/category/schi

For big areas that I prefer to the PdS: Arlberg (pretty huge now with the new connection to Warth/Schroecken), Ischgl, Saalbach-Hinterglemm, SkiWelt-Kitzbuehel (huge). In that order. I don't know how Mayrhofen/Zillertal, Ski Amade (also huge) areas (amongst others) compare though.

Agreed about the Mont Blanc area; a few years ago I spent a summer teaching kayaking on the Italian side, there are some seriously bad-ass mountains around there. I think places like Cham and La Grave have an edge over anything in Austria terrain-wise; I can't think of anywhere here where you can step off a lift like the Midi(?) and be presented with so much gnarly vert without having to put any uphill work in. Plenty of gnar here, but you tend to either have to work for it or accept less vert.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
clarky999, aiguille du Midi

And have you forgotten about the "walk of death" on the ridge once you get out of the cable car? It might be downhill; that only makes it scarier. So yes you do earn that vert once you've done that walk!
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
quick update.

Taken a side route, and very much considering heading to Jasna. Slovakia.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Fifespud wrote:
And furthermore try the 4V during school hols - blooming awful!
That's all!

Can be, but depends where you go. Get out of Meribel and the runs into it, out to L'Orelle and even Courcheval, and there is some great skiing to be had without crowds.

Best thing to do, OP, get a guide for the first day, wherever you are, and pay attention to what they show you, especially the nice, safe off-piste runs. They will show you the best bits. Can always post on here to find others to get a small group together to make this cheaper - someone will be heading where you are, at the same time!

I love Morzine/The Portes du Soleil, and will be there for the season. For the price of a beer I'd be happy to spend the day with you showing you around (that said, give me a few weeks to learn it all myself, first!)
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Quote:

Fifespud wrote:
And furthermore try the 4V during school hols - blooming awful!
That's all!

Can be, but depends where you go. Get out of Meribel and the runs into it, out to L'Orelle and even Courcheval, and there is some great skiing to be had without crowds.

I thought the 4V was the area around Verbier and that Meribel etc were in the 3V
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Best part of going to Jasna - The person i'll likely be lodging with happens to live there during the season, and does lots of snowboarding.

Keeps trying to get me to learn. I keep trying to tell him that sking is way cooler, faster, and less likely to result in a mild drug addiction.

wink
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy