Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

~ CAS Ski Test :: 16th Nov2013 Castleford SnowZone ~

Poster: A snowHead
To show interest in the Castleford Ski Test November 2013 Click this:

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Tue 17-12-13 17:24; edited 2 times in total
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
The Castleford Ski Test November 2013 (CASkiTest_Nov2013) will run from 11AM to 4PM on Sat 16 Nov 2013

After our Ski Test in September turned out to be so popular, we've arranged a series of tests this November, in partnership with and co-promoted by Ellis Brigham as 'The Big Ski'.

The SnowZone Castleford event will be on 16th Nov.

The Ellis Brigham test stock will be there again (Those who met them at the EoSB know their test fleet is extensive) we can also expect Armada, Blizzard, Kneissl, Nordica and Rossignol who have all confirmed they'll be there.
We've also invited Whitedot, DPS and Kneissl.

This is a great chance to checkout the new models for the coming season. Whether you're looking to buy/upgrade this Winter or not, it's always good to experience different skis - teaches U a lot about your skiing! And besides, it great fun to hang out with a bunch of other snowHeads playing with skis! snowHead

The session will run from 11am to 4PM.
It's not easy getting discount in these places in November but we've actually got ourselves a really good price of:
£35 for a 4 hour slot during the session (or £30 for super/mega-snowHeads).
So choose whether you want your ticket to run from 11-3pm or 12-4pm.

Hit the button above and then select the 'Sign me up' option.

Everybody coming needs to sign up from their own snowHeads account (yes even kids) so if you've got a +1, please sort them out with their own snowHeads ID.
(I've made this big as no-one seemed to read it and I kept getting asked for +1's)

Are you coming to the CASkiTest_Nov2013?
I'm in - Sign me up for 11am - 3pm
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead

I'm in - Sign me up for 12pm - 4pm
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead

Yes, almost certainly.
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead

Hopefully so...
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead

I'd love to have come but can't do the 16th :-(
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead

It was a button, I pressed it - I'll go now...
A snowHead
A snowHead

ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
A weekend in Castleford
- and where might I ask is that? North of Watford I assume Shocked Toofy Grin Toofy Grin
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
I seem to think that the bumps are up that weekend too.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Yup I think they are , also the BASI Roadshow on the same day!! will try and go depending on when my hockey match is!
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
kitenski wrote:
also the BASI Roadshow on the same day!!
That's deliberate.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
The BASI Roadshow is on the same days at the other venues also.

Chicken or Egg??? (Dont answer that admin, clearly it will be sH's Toofy Grin Toofy Grin Toofy Grin )
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Bah, was hoping it would run until later in the day as the first one did. Unfortunately, wont be able to make it!
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
N0rthernMonkey, that's my preference too but a number of the reps need to travel to and from the event on the day so naturally don't like getting home way after mid-night.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Nor will we as hubby has to work on the morning of the 16th and we won't have time to get down before the end of the session.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
admin, I've registered both my and my daughter hannahw as interested, can I pay on one transfer?
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
stevew, yes. Under your daughter's account go to her snowheads account (link top right) and request funds from another account (yours). You can then accept that from your account and pay for both of you, simples (sort of).
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Will EB have any skis for Mini snowHeads to have a play with? And will the slope be just for the ski test or open to others for use, I'll have the kids with me that weekend and while toastertalby is a skier talbyem is a snowboarder.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
davkt wrote:
Will EB have any skis for Mini snowHeads to have a play with? And will the slope be just for the ski test or open to others for use, I'll have the kids with me that weekend and while toastertalby is a skier talbyem is a snowboarder.

EB haven't any kids demo skis to put out on the test - I'll ask around with the brands but I'm pretty sure they won't either. What kind of size were you thinking?

The slope will be open as usual.

Any questions, from any Snowheads, just fire away and I'll try and get the answers.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
toastertalby is 9 and skis on skis around the 120-125cm mark, guessed you wouldn't have any as I know some petite adults who've struggled to find skis their size to try out. A pity there won't be any as she and lots of other mini snowHeads are plenty good enough to enjoy and appreciate the difference between different skis. For example she currently chooses between her Trixie Pros or Head Supershapes depending on if she wants to do tricks or go fast and its always a bit of gamble picking the next set when she grows out of a pair (the trixies are getting a bit small now) as nowhere seems to have a decent range she can try.
snow report
Hello all- i have booked for myself and registered my husband (briancha) so as soon as that account is validated i will confirm him. Looking forward to meeting everyone!
snow conditions
Ok how did I manage to sign up for the MK one but not see this one..... I blame surfing on a smartphone

Almost definitely coming to this one instead well under half the travel time for me.
ski holidays
Hmm. I've got rather a heavy night before. Could be a problem driving legally the next day, I think . Have a great ski.
snow report
achilles, me too Laughing

It's an educational event for me; The Bavarian Stompers!!

Beer is involved.
snow report
davkt wrote:
toastertalby is 9 and skis on skis around the 120-125cm mark, guessed you wouldn't have any as I know some petite adults who've struggled to find skis their size to try out. A pity there won't be any as she and lots of other mini snowHeads are plenty good enough to enjoy and appreciate the difference between different skis. .

Good news. Heard back from Blizzard today that they'll send down a couple of 120 kid's skis for your little'un to have a go on.
ski holidays
Good stuff, will probably be along. Just need to have a chat with snowboarder to see if she will put up with the pomas!
snow report
I'm in!, travelling from Whitby if anyone want's a lift / give a lift?
latest report
Moguls are out this weekend, enjoy those that are on the ski test! Not sure I can make it down, have a hockey match away in Huddersfield.....
ski holidays
kitenski, you could call in on your way home!

admin, what's the latest it would be possible to sign up for the 12 - 4 slot? For instance, could I book it on saturday morning?
snow conditions
Mosha Marc, go on. Would be great to catch up with you.
snow report
Mosha Marc, 3pm start in Huddersfield....so 1:15 meet, and kids gymnastics and dog walking to fit in....not sure it's going to work out, especially as off to Europe with work on Sunday Sad
snow conditions
Mosha Marc, stop wussing about and hit the buttons Wink
snow report
I've just signed up so if anyone wants any gear bringing give me a call Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
right my current plan appears to be drop kids off at gymnastics at 8:30am, home for 9, dog walked by 10am, at Cas by 10:30/11 but will need to leave by 1 for hockey...

and want to get some good laps in the bumps!!
snow report
Looks like I'll have to try and go steady on the beer. Not easy at a Bavarian evening and my self control in these matters is usually non existant! Laughing
snow conditions
Mosha Marc, hey I'm at a dinner on Friday night and I've got to do the weekly shop before setting off for Castleford
snow report
stevew, you obviously aren't getting stuck into the booze enough wink

Being an athlete rolling eyes I get humungous hangovers. Cool
latest report
So how does it work tomorrow? Do we just turn up at 11 and go to the reception desk or do we meet someone somewhere? There are three of us together btw, me + 223lou & louismac Puzzled
snow report
Follow the snowHeads snowHead and it will all be fine - if U ask at the front desk they should probably tell U that in some manner too Wink

(We wont be easy to miss - unless our train is delayed Confused)
snow report
Ok thanks Very Happy
ski holidays
897sma, you have to walk up to someone who you think may be a snowhead and say 'Are you frosty the snowman?'.

I am getting there about 12 - see you then (and I will explain the above).

The first time I met any Snowheads in Real Life, it was at a ski gathering at ... Castleford Smile and it was Achilles who I made first contact with.
latest report
No joy in persuading Talbyem button lifts are no problem on a snowboard (even I could could manage the Chill Factore ones at the first attempt half way through my beginners day) so have a great time all.
snow conditions
Well another great event organised by Admin and his team. Had a great day tried lots of skis. Favourite skis where Scott The Ski felt totally at home with them. Also the Blizzard Bonafide. Wish I could have done this before I bought new skis. Cool

Last edited by After all it is free Go on u know u want to! on Mon 18-11-13 9:05; edited 1 time in total
snow report
Cheers all, just bought myself some Nordica Burners Cool
ski holidays
Didn't buy anything but my legs are aching already from skiing the bumps all afternoon!!. tomorrow will be worse.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy