Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

~ MK Ski Test :: Milton Keynes, 9th Nov2013 ~

Poster: A snowHead
To show interest in the Milton Keynes Ski Test November 2013 Click this:

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Mon 11-11-13 16:36; edited 3 times in total
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
The Milton Keynes Ski Test November 2013 (MKSkiTest_Nov2013) will run from 11AM to 4PM on Sat 09 Nov 2013

After our Ski Test in September turned out to be so popular, we've arranged a series of tests this November, in partnership with and co-promoted by Ellis Brigham as 'The Big Ski'.

The first is at SnowZone Milton Keynes on 9th Nov.

The Ellis Brigham test stock will be there again (Those who met them at the EoSB know their test fleet is extensive) we can also expect Armada, Blizzard, Kneissl, Nordica and Rossignol who have all confirmed they'll be there.
We've also invited Whitedot, DPS and Kneissl.

This is a great chance to checkout the new models for the coming season. Whether you're looking to buy/upgrade this Winter or not, it's always good to experience different skis - teaches U a lot about your skiing! And besides, it great fun to hang out with a bunch of other snowHeads playing with skis! snowHead

The session will run from 11am to 4PM.
It's not easy getting discount in these places in November but we've actually got ourselves a really good price of:
£35 for a 4 hour slot during the session (or £30 for super/mega-snowHeads).
So choose whether you want your ticket to run from 11-3pm or 12-4pm.

Hit the button above and then select the 'Sign me up' option.

Everybody coming needs to sign up from their own snowHeads account (yes even kids) so if you've got a +1, please sort them out with their own snowHeads ID.
(I've made this big as no-one seemed to read it and I kept getting asked for +1's)

Are you coming to the MKSkiTest_Nov2013?
I'm in - Sign me up for 11am - 3pm
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead Un-committed: please commit or select another option
A snowHead

I'm in - Sign me up for 12pm - 4pm
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead

Yes, almost certainly.
A snowHead

Hopefully so...
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead

I'd love to have come but can't do the 9th :-(
A snowHead
A snowHead

It was a button, I pressed it - I'll go now...
A snowHead
A snowHead

snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hmmm, very tempting. Might interfere with my cycle training but hey ho!
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Expressed a mild interest so badmin can now harrass me over indecision. MK on a Saturday day in November - I expect crowds but are they guaranteed slope furniture free?
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Oh you're such a tease fatbob... will he, won't he, will he, won't he...
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
If anyone has questions re the MK test feel free to ask and I'll get back to you as quick as possible.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
fatbob, I also expressed mild interest but in the end MrHL decided to accompany me on my return to ski aftrr injury session on 16th so not this time.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
fatbob, we're not going to try and talk you into this. It sells itself. Largely because we are there. Plus we found some skis better than yours, so you've got to come and try them now, just to make sure.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Edit:
Going to the Castleford one instead.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
This was superb last time out so definitely make sure you go to this one ! Will be there, need to co-ordinate before taking a slot but expect 11-3.....
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Having been to the Sep test I would seriously love to and its going to be difficult but...
I'll need to take a sledgehammer to the diary to make this fit. Very Happy
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Hi

Probably a stupid question but why does it cost £35? I thought Ellis Brigham at MK offered free test ski on their skis?

thanks,
ahsh
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
ahshframpton, the deal EB offer is, if you buy the skis you've tested, they'll refund you 1 hour of slope time.

Of course, you could test loads of skis in the 4 hour session and get the whole £35 back by buying only 4 pairs - bargain! Wink
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
ahshframpton, the £35 does include 4 hours on the slope too, or at least I assume it does - it did last time! admin?
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
In for 11-3. Demod a couple of pairs at EB last week, impressed by the movement gloss, but it's difficult to do a proper test in an hour with all the park features but none of them actually skiable (not a rails fan, but do quite like the jumps...) so you end up on an icy chute down the side...
latest report
Madeye-Smiley Super 7 Madeye-Smiley Super 7 Madeye-Smiley Super 7 Madeye-Smiley Super 7 Madeye-Smiley Super 7 Madeye-Smiley Super 7 Madeye-Smiley Super 7 Madeye-Smiley Super 7 Madeye-Smiley Super 7 Madeye-Smiley Super 7 Madeye-Smiley Super 7 Madeye-Smiley Super 7 Madeye-Smiley Super 7 Madeye-Smiley Super 7 Madeye-Smiley Super 7 Madeye-Smiley Super 7 Madeye-Smiley Super 7 Madeye-Smiley Super 7 Madeye-Smiley Super 7 Madeye-Smiley Super 7 Madeye-Smiley Super 7Madeye-Smiley Super 7 Madeye-Smiley Super 7 Madeye-Smiley Super 7 Madeye-Smiley
13/10 and utterly mad. I can't wait. I am twitching with excitement. Laughing
If I am forced I might even try something else like a Squad 7.

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Tue 5-11-13 18:05; edited 1 time in total
latest report
Do you have a specific pair of skis in mind, mcspreader? Madeye-Smiley
latest report
Any discount for kids?
snow conditions
Oh ok, I just saw the word free on the website and didnt think about needing to pay for the slope.

Definitely worth the money then Happy

Can you turn up at any point during the 4 hour period you are booked on or do you have to come right at the beginning?

thanks,
ahsh
snow report
In for 11-3 Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy (which might be 4 if they forget to check wink )
latest report
ahshframpton, you can in theory come at any time but as most people come at the start, it's nice to get all the tickets given out so the person looking after them can go ski.
If you really can't get there at the start though, it's not a huge deal: it may just take you 5 minutes longer finding the person to get your pass off Wink
snow report
Does anyone know if Head will be there with this seasons range? Looking at something from The Rev range and it'd be good to try them Saturday.
snow conditions
Head are confirmed, yes.
ski holidays
Is it possible to join on the day, say confirm early Saturday morning? (I've promised some colleagues I'll take them inline skating on Saturday but if it rains I can cancel them and come skiing)
snow report
It is possible to confirm on the day, but you'll only get the best prices by pre-booking. Gets very expensive to ski for 4 hours when you pay on the day (plus there's no guarantee the slope will have spaces).

Do your colleagues fancy a few hours skiing instead of skating (maybe as well!)?
snow report
How about that - committed more than a day out? wink
ski holidays
OK, I've signed the OH up to a learn to ski in a day session on Saturday so I'm looking forward to the session now!

Does anyone know anywhere decent to eat in the area? A nice pub to grab a meal in the evening afterwards? Will be driving back to London so any suggestions would be welcomed.
snow report
Boosterfaceman wrote:
Will be driving back to London so any suggestions would be welcomed.
Straight down the M1, I'd say Wink

We'll be up for eating too btw.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Boosterfaceman, admin, obviously there are a fair number of places in the complex itself, but if you fancy stopping on the way back to London we can probably come up with a sensible restaurant for decent dinner at a decent price near our place, just off M1 J8. Don't yet know if our lot will be joining us for the same, but could well have half a dozen or more doing that already.
ski holidays
Hi there, looking forward to Saturday - three of us have booked but one 8yrs old (competent skier) - will there be skis for him to try or do we need to sort some with the snowdome?
Thanks
ski holidays
Artic Hare, there are always skis available from the snowDome. No need to pre-book or anything.
latest report
Mistress Panda, I'd definitely be interested in somewhere away from the complex. Could be a good opportunity to convince the OH that the EoSB is the way forward. (It's been difficult enough to convince her to go away this January!)
latest report
Just want to say thanks to admin and the EB guys for organising the ski test. Tried a few things I wouldn't necessarily have tried, and narrowed my new season set from a potential 3 pairs to the same potential 3 pairs!! Good work everyone and thanks!
snow conditions
Excellent effort Admin and co, and many thanks for another super afternoon testing loads of different skis that otherwise would never get to try... and for enticing yet more interesting people to chat too Smile and yes, I am still chastising myself suitably mercilessly for not having my snowheads card.... rolling eyes
snow report
Great day. thanks Everyone who worked for it. Soul 7 Little Angel Little Angel Little Angel Little Angel Little Angel
latest report
Great day. thanks Everyone who worked for it. Soul 7 Little Angel Little Angel Little Angel Little Angel Little Angel
snow report
lucinda.s, now that was more fun than skating, wasnt it Laughing
ski holidays
Great seeing catching up with you all. Massive thanks all who tried our skis.
latest report
Many thanks to all involved. It was my first snowheads event and I was really impressed. Really well organised and what nice people! Now I need a cross between a backpack and ski bag for about 6 pairs of skis.....and a snow caddy to carry them and advise me which to use for the next turn! Does Scott Dunn do that.. Very Happy Very Happy
ski holidays
Prince of plumbers, Welcome to snowheads. "snow caddy" I like that. The wealthy skier's quiver killer.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy