Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

La Rosiere - Piste Map and advice

Poster: A snowHead
HelenS wrote:
Frosty the Snowman wrote:
Also from the top of the Fort chair you can take Choucas back to resort but then hang a left on Blanchot (a super and very empty run with lovely rollers and bends, or Mouflon, which sadly descends to the worlds slowest chair.

I think that chair lift is the one that's missing now? Am I right in thinking I can still take Mouflon and then pick up Lauzes back into Les Eucherts?

Thanks

Just realised that Mouflon used to be marked as red too. Is it a blue really? Thanks.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Oh, and if anyone has any other recmmendations/tips etc they'd like to share on Les Eucherts?La Rosiere please do, or PM me if you'd rather. I have done a fairly exhaustive search on here, but much of the discussion seems to be very old.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
HelenS, I was in la Rosiere last week and 4 years ago, I've got this seasons piste map in front of me I'll see if I've got an old one too, to compare, but yes to get to Italy you do have to ski reds, I think?, we went across most days and although I can get down most anything I'm still nervous if it's steep/icy, most of the runs are wide and not steep nor too busy.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks feefee. This is probably a REALLY daft question, but are you supposed to carry your passport if going across the border? Obviously you won't have to show it to anyone, but I suppose if you got stuck/injured in Italy you might just need it? Or is it all open borders between Italy and France anyway so irrelevant?
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
No you don't need your passport to ski to Italy, where are you staying?
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks, feefee. We're staying in Les Eucherts.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
HelenS, Sent you a reply to your PM.

You do need to ski reds to go to Italy. The run down to the button lift is a fairly steep red. I am no expert and I managed to ski down OK. If you do ski down this get your speed up at the end when you can see the lift back up. There is a slight incline that will steel your speed.

The resort has several nice blues. Around Les Euch - Papillon is almost a green, Gelinotte is good and wide enough to work on the parallel ski etc. Choucas is a long steady run. Its not wide but its not fast (its a road normally). You do need to look ahead and get speed up for the slow bits. Tetras and Renard are slightly more challenging blues but again wide enough for the most part.

Before La Ros I mostly stuck to blues and greens. By the end of the week I was skiing the reds. If people say these are easier reds then what a great place to build confidence. Very Happy

For the confident skiers in your group they will head to Italy some days as there is more skiing over the border.

If you need to book lessons I highly recommend Evolution 2. If you can request an instructor for private lessons then ask for Xavier (pronounced Zavier). Great English and his advice on my technique has improved my skiing by miles after just 2 sessions. (if you do get Xavier, tell him Mike says to 'stop faffing').

I now look forward to Avoriaz in 2weeks and trying some more reds.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I took my son to LaRos for his first ever ski week when he was 21. He had group lessons each morning but by day 6 he was able to get to La Thuile with me. We went down the last part to the village in the bubble as opposed to skiing, but he still felt it was an achievement.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
HelenS, have got both maps now, yes some have changed from red to blue mouflon, belette, and a new one added myrtilles.
La Rosiere is a great place to build confidence and the conditions can make a great difference to slopes daily, ie I never really liked perdrix as it always had a short, steepish, icy section. Everything else is lovely, wide and nothing too steep. Push yourself to go across to Itally, I can recommend rescue remedy it used to help me but I no longer need it now.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Just got back on Sunday from glorious La Roz - the second time I've skied the place.
It is a great place for a confidence build but it's all down to conditions - we had two sunny days out of six. A really windy/snowy day which was hellish as the incoming snow was horizontal and was settling in clumps; a white out with tons of new snow, skiing in knee deep powder is lovely but it would be preferable to see where you are going; and two passable flat light days. Not the beautiful wall to wall sun I had skiing there the first time, when everything was a joy.
Can I make two reccys: I did the ESF Discovery afternoon on Sunday - yes i know its a white flag because of the balls up over guiding in France, caused by them - but it was excellent and a wonderful run round of the slopes (revision exercise in my case) but it was v welcome as the light was flat as a pancake that afternoon. They even laid on vin chauds at a mountain restaurant after and were very pleasant company.
Secondly my daughter's beginner boyfriend was there with us. They booked 5 x private lessons with the ESF Sun - Thurs. He had never even stuck a pair of skis on before the trip but by Thurs was comfortable on all reds and was able to ski to Italy that afternoon. A couple of refreshers help everybody.
BTW, Bouquetin is a bit tricky at the top but careful turns will get you down and it is a straight blast in the lower part. The funniest (sorry, most scary or interesting) part is actually just before the chair home, a really steep bit at the top of Blue 26 Liaison - its only about 20 metres long but in soft new snow when we did it was total carnage as was very busy - but in a very non dangerous way as the fallers fell softly.
I really like La Rosiere - for an intermediate its a great place and for a 20 year old first timer like my daughters b/f was marvellous as the scenery in that part of the Tarentaise rivals anywhere else in the Alps.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Ps I really liked Perdrix in good visibility, but you are right, both that and the other drop off the Eucherts chair - Renard - have short steep icier bits at the top.
And also the ESF Discovery was completely Free - just book at the ESF office.
The ESF instructor my daughter had was Thierry - and he was fantastic and catered for the mix in ability gamely.
The ESF have a guaranteed dubious reputation in some resorts, but here they are fantastic.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Thanks for the input everyone. Looking forward to it Smile I'm not up to the ESF guiding on Sunday, but the better members of our group will do it hopefully. And I'll give the rescue remedy a try Wink
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Just looking at the map again - is Gelinotte steep/icy at the top too like Perdix and Renard please?
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
HelenS, Boquetin is the only piste to get to Italy.
Get some lessons, the ski schools are fab.
La Ros is impossible to get lost in.

Where are you stsying as that would make it easier to plan some first runs
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
HelenS, no the gellinote is a lovely run, my favourites were the marmottes it goes on and on and is great, the chair at the bottom is a bit fierce just make sure you quickly hold on to the back of the chair as soon as you sit!
The other favourites mouflon and blanchot, no one on them but us! Have a great time snowHead
latest report
feefee, It is a tad fierce when you sit down but marmottes is a nice long run and plenty wide enough for those that need to put in the turns.

The only ice we skied on was at the bottom of marmottes but it was only a tiny section. Do not worry about ice on slopes.
ski holidays
Marmottes was lovely last week, no ice at all that I could find. Wish they'd replace or speed up the chair to Eucherts from there though - same goes for the chair up from Fontaine Froid.....it chops your legs off madly then dilly dallies up
ski holidays
Frosty the Snowman, we're staying in a chalet called Marmotte funnily enough, in Les Eucherts and intend to get some form of lessons.

Will have to be careful of the chairlift then as I've only used one once ever (6 man) and I made a complete hash of that and sat in the wrong place! Embarassed
ski holidays
You cant beat a nice cosy 2/3 seater
ski holidays
Why not warm up on the baby button lift and then onto the big chair, it is a detachable 6 man so not too fast, OIff at the top and left dowb Perdrix, then choucas and across to Pappillon and back to Eucherts. Papillon is fabulously flat, Perdrix has a steepr top section but not bad at all and easy to traverse to take ANY steepness out of it. Once Choucas merges from the left you keep left and take the branch that takes you to the top of the Lievre Blanc drag lifts, ski towards the drags and just as you reach them bare hard left and that is Papillon. Choucas is a pain at the end of the day as it crosses many pistes , has narrow sections and gets busy. A safer way back to Eucherts is via the Lauze blue from the base of the Fort chair. Mind numbingly dull but much safer. You can do a big loop from La Rosiere late afternoon, up the Roches Noire Chair, Bellette, Beer in the Traversett Resto at the bottom of the Fort chair and then pootle home.
snow report
I rather like Lauzes - dead pretty and a nice straight liner, just have to suffer a small bit of polling....just proves that skiing is very individual and I wouldn't trust anyones' judgement but your own at the end of the day.
Find your own way - if you have a warm day or a day of dodgy light all of what's been spoken so far will be meaningless
snow conditions
Frosty the Snowman, A great loop around. Repeat until confident and you'll be soon off to Tetras and beyond.
snow report
Thanks guys you've been a great help. Smile
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy