Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Transfer Bourg saint Maurice to Val 8am

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I'm planning a trip to Val d'Isere and looking at going by train which arrives at Bourg at 0730. Anybody got any bright and sensibly priced ideas for getting up to Val so that I can ski that day? The Altibus doesn't come through until late lunch time (I'm sure I could walk it in that time).
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
On arrival at Bourg station, just before leaving the station there is a local bus ticket office on the left.

Approach this office and ask for a ticket to Val D'Isere. Ideally do this in French, but if not speak slowly and loudly.

After purchasing your ticket (circa 10 Euros) head outside where you will see many buses. Look for the one that says "Val D'Isere" on it.

Approach the driver and show him your ticket. Don't try to speak french to him, French bus drivers speak a different type of French that only other French bus drivers seem to be able to understand.

Load your bags, and then yourself, onto the bus.

Arrive Val D'Isere circa 0830.

We were out for the season in Val last year and had a bunch of people use the snow train to come see us. The above is a copy paste from the email I used to send them before they came, just minus the bit about how to find our flat!
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Think you should be able to book the bus in advance Think Autocars Martin run the actiual service I booked it in the Gare Routiere in Bourg

I did this a couple of seasons ago when we had a group of 9 on the overnight eurostar that were heading up to UCPA in Tignes
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks, for the pointers. cheztichot you're spot on, run by Autocars Martin. Interestingly / bizarrely, if you type in your start and destination then it only comes up with the Alitbus 1 departure, then on the LHS of the site, there is a whole downloadable timetable which as flaming says are pretty regular. There's an 0730 that arrives at 0830.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I'll be back in Bourg again on 14th Nov If you havent had joy by then i can pop in and try and get contact details for them for you
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Getting the snowtrain to Val d'Isere myself in March, managed to work it so I get 8 days skiing instead of the usual 6 so very happy with that indeed.

Trying to convince someone to give me a lift up the mountain now...bus will have to do if we cannot.

How many people do get the snowtrain nowadays when doing this area of the alps?
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy