Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Innsbruck - Ortisei (or Selva) transfer advice please

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all,
It looks like Terravision may not be doing transfers from Innsbruck airport to the Dolomites this winter ,which we were counting on.
Can anyone recommend an alternative please that wont cost a fortune.
We have booked Ortisei for January .
many thanks
Susie
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
susieski, hiring a car is cheaper than a private transfer, and gives you the opportunity to go different places, e.g. Cortina or Lagazuoi - or explore properly the more distant parts of the Sella Ronda, e.g. Arabba/Marmolada or Santa Croce, without schlepping round the circuit.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hmmm. It says service suspended, but I assume that's because it only runs during ski season, and the 13/14 timetable is not yet up?

Another option is Train from Innsbruck Hbf to Ponte Gardena / Waidbruck, and a bus up to Ortisei. Although the usual train websites don't seem to have timetables for January yet.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
susieski, I would strongly suspect andy is correct and that the Terravision website will show the transfer from Innsbruck a bit closer to the start of the winter season...
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
We have used the train/bus option as andy, suggests to Selva with no problems, and very affordable.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
+1 for airport bus to Innsbruck Hbf, train to Waidbruck and then bus. You'll know of couse that bus may say St Ulrich and Wolkenstein
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Another +1 for train and bus.
The bus costs next to nothing, about 3€ and takes about 20 mins up to Ortisei. Another 10 on to Selva.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Could some one please give me the "idiots guide " how to get the train and bus to Ortisei !!!!!!!!!!

Ie. which sites to look on, need to pre book etc?

thankyou soooooooo much
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Bus F from Innsbruck Airport to Innsbruck Hauptbahnhof (take about 15-20mins I think).

oebb.at or trenitalia.it to book the train ticket (check both - price may differ) from Innsbruck to Ponte Gardena/Waidbruck (most places there have 2 names).

check Val Gardena website for bus timetable.

have no idea if you need to buy bus ticket from a machine before boarding, in both cases, or from the driver.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Thank you for that, a great help;
I'm easily confused!!
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy