Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

13/14 quiver thread

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
dulcamara wrote:
Quote:

Some people are gear queens.

I have a pair of wood veneered skis, they have a tiger on them, but only if worn on the correct feet, oh and his eye is pearlescent.

OBVIOUSLY this would not make me a gear queen Puzzled
Those are, quite literally, the most beautiful skis I've ever seen!

How do they ski?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
ssh, No Idea yet I'm afraid,

Have heard some reputable recommendations and Blister compared them to the Blizzard Cochise and Moment Bibby Pro, both amazing, haul-ass fast BC skis. Plus with its Carbon layers it is surprisingly light (sub 2 kg!!) so they have been mounted with Dynafit Radicals to fit my new Vulcan boots... Twisted Evil

All in all, I have never been this excited to try out a new set-up, Really hope we get on because (aside from the money I have blown), you can't own a veneered ski AND ride like a punter! I'll just end up looking like a Russian oil tychoon's discarded son!
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
dulcamara, well, well! Then, it seems, you must put on many miles of BC skiing to make sure they live up to the expectations...! snowHead
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
dulcamara wrote:
Quote:

Some people are gear queens.

I have a pair of wood veneered skis, they have a tiger on them, but only if worn on the correct feet, oh and his eye is pearlescent.

OBVIOUSLY this would not make me a gear queen Puzzled

..... more a princess wink

They do make some cracking looking skis ....
http://www.skilogik.com/skis.php

http://youtube.com/v/C669XjWtMbc
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Arno, Never heard of DPS ski's before so google'd them. theres a choice of some ski's in different construction! how do you have a ski with a choice of construction ie carbon or fibreglass - surely they must perform different and therefore should have a different name Puzzled or is that why they are the price they are because they are made to perform the same.

maybe i need to understand more about what makes DPS ski's special.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.

Just got myself my 1st pair of skis after the Castleford ski test.
Nordica Burner 126-84-112 R17
Now I just need to get booked in with spyderjon so he can teach me how to make them really fast Toofy Grin
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Same as last couple of years for me:

Stockli DP Pro + 193cm (101mm) - with Look Pivot 18 XXL's - love these skis on anything and my go to ski
PM Gear 191 Fat's (117mm ish I think) carbon ones - uber stiff - with FKS 18 XXL's - use these on deeper days or when I'm planning on hiking etc

Boots the same Lange Super Banshee's with Zipfits .. love these too. Heat them up every night with special bag. New boots every day wink
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
http://m.flickr.com/lightbox?id=10962637565
All sorted now.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.

180cm Blizzard Brahma
186cm Whitedot CarbonLite
190cm Down CD3 Carbon
All Quiver Killer'd for Beast 16's
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
spyderjon, I hope you get the snow wink
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
jbob wrote:
spyderjon, I hope you get the snow wink

I've done quite a bit on the Brahma's & then had a metre of fresh in 36hrs at Crimbo so the CD3C were in their element. The Rangers will be deflowered in VT in a few weeks Cool
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
So, picking up my new skis today.

So it brings me to a 3 ski quiver (plus some very old one luvs if its very rocky early season, but they are floppy and I don't like them ):
Dynastar Exclusive Elite light 153s- Skinny ish skis for carving Nakiska hardpack
Dynastar something else with 85 mm waist, 158s
New skis Rossignol Saffron 7 162

I was talked up on the binding to a 'knee binding' and we'll see how that goes
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
and relax....all edged and waxed!

snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
gryphea wrote:
...So it brings me to a 3 ski quiver (plus some very old one luvs if its very rocky early season, but they are floppy and I don't like them ):
Dynastar Exclusive Elite light 153s- Skinny ish skis for carving Nakiska hardpack
Dynastar something else with 85 mm waist, 158s
New skis Rossignol Saffron 7 162...

How are those Dynastars, gryphea? I'm looking at new skis for my wife and these are an option. Then we can do his'n'hers with my Course TIs Smile
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy