Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Wasps, harbingers of a good winter, allegedly.

Poster: A snowHead
We seem to have an awful lot of pesky wasps here in Morzine for the last few days, my neighbours hubby was stung on the shoulder yesterday by one. They are aggressive and very annoying as we are working on our new garden/parking every day, it's impossible to have lunch on the deck.
Odile my neighbour en-face assures me that this is a good sign of another very snowy winter to come, so all is well allegedly Very Happy

Anyone else suffering a wasp invasion at present ?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
DallyPaul, one flew into our conservatory this morning. Very late here for wasps.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I went to the funeral of a just-retired man in our village a week ago - he died from two wasp stings Crying or Very sad
There's still lots around down here, dozy but aggressive, probably bored because they've got nothing to do any more.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Was out biking 3 or 4 weeks ago and there was an excruciating pain on my forehead as one flew into a vent and dropped down inside the helmet and took it out on my forehead. I was riding along (thankfully on a very quiet country lane) pulling at my helmet trying to shake the damn thing out. I was 25 miles from home and at least half that ride was pretty uncomfortable as It was so painful. If I'd seen a chemist on the way home (unlikely it was all through little villages) I'd probably have stopped to get something.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
RachelQ, Sad
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Claude B, owww, reminds me of when geepee had one in his helmet at the EoSB.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
There are buggerloads around here at the moment
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Claude B, had a similar thing happen on a motorbike. Riding along on a nice quiet road when something appeared in my full faced helmet. A big angry bumble bee was going demented bouncing around the inside of the visor. I decided if I opened the visor it would be pushed into my face, so decided to stop before doing so.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I heard that it was due to the late but warm summer. Can't recall the biology. Had fab blossom here and bumper fruit apparently due same thing.

I would expect that it's a symptom of weather we've had and not any sort of future looking sign... rolling eyes
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
A mate got stung while we were cycling 3 weeks ago. I got stung a couple of weeks ago for the first time in probably 40yrs; I'd forgotten how much it hurts. Another friend was stung 3 times the next day.

Apparently wasps feed on rotten fermenting fruit this time of year and get drunk... and start picking fights!
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
And we've had two awesomely good main winters ina row... So I suggest mean reversion is increasingly overdue... Crying or Very sad
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
under a new name wrote:
And we've had two awesomely good main winters ina row... So I suggest mean reversion is increasingly overdue... Crying or Very sad

shhhhhhh
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Couldn't harvest the grapes from the garden vines last weekend as they were covered in wasps.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Can you have a harbinger of good news ???
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
RachelQ, oh, what a shame Sad

saw a dragonfly today - thats quite late.
snow conditions
but that obviously depends on your view of what a good winter is. If it involves sunshine and warmth... but months of sub-zero temperatures and sevreal meters of snow snowHead snowHead
ski holidays
Just had a really big bug of a wasp on my pillow, was fairly sleepy, but huge! Here's to some snow!
latest report
Say a huge wasp fly into the living room window last week but it became lunch for the even huger spider I hadn't noticed had taken up residence!
ski holidays
musher wrote:
Can you have a harbinger of good news ???

Nah - A harbinger was someone sent ahead of royalty to sort accommodation for the guarding troops. Troops were guarding royalty, so didn't have to pay. Bad news for anyone that they did business with.

HTH
latest report
We just had a wasps' nest in our loft sorted out by a friend of mine who is a pest controller.

"Colin, I'm telling you this one is HUGE" says I

"They all say that, I bet it's normal"

He arrives

"That is giant, biggest I've ever seen"

This thing was at least six feet by three by two.

The strange thing is...we never noticed any wasps around the place, we had losts of BBQs on the patio underneath its entry point, no wasps in the house all summer long.

It's going to be a tricky one to clear up, the loft is carpeted in dead wasps and this monster thing needs to be pulled down and got out.
ski holidays
Several years ago, while I was minding my own business waiting for a train, one of the bugs flew up my trouser leg. I spotted it going in and could feel it slowly ascend. Instinct took over and I cut of its route by tightening the trousers mid thigh and then began some sort of bizarre Riverdance to try to kick it out again. Eventually I persuaded the critter to leave but not before I had been stung several times.

This post is now open to comment from the resident double entendre experts
ski holidays
Maybe it thought it was going to a wasp ball.
snow report
Tiffany's? Trousers with the big ballroom.
snow report
Yup loads up here too Paul. Was stung yesterday by a dozy bug ger, sporting elephantitis forearm today Sad . I'll take it if it means snow like last year though snowHead!
ski holidays
All the wasps around us have been now been eaten by the False Widow spiders. Had to evac one of the little darlings from the bathroom last night as best belov'd refused to go in there with it.
ski holidays
My mate got stung on the neck when out motorcycling. We could hear the yells and curses over the helmet intercom, nearly crashed with laughing.
ski holidays
Avalanche Poodle, Laughing Laughing
snow report
musher, Who cares, it's a great word Blush I knew someone would pick me up on precise usage.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
DallyPaul, sorry - I was having a laugh. Fingers crossed for it to be a crap winter....for drivers snowHead
ski holidays
Thornyhill, Laughing
latest report
Well I went to the dump yesterday and took advantage of a bag of free grit, courtesy of the council. The old boy doleing it out owlishly stared upward for a moment and told me that we can expect the first UK snow 'Late November'. He had a beard so I can only take this prediction as accurate.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy