Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Trains from Zurich to St Anton

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Just to let you snowheads know, you can now book trains through the Austrian site OEBB from Zurich to St Anton in January. I booked return journeys yesterday for me and Hils and it came to 82 Euros total. These prices included the journey from the airport to Zurich HBF, but they won't last long though. Hope this helps.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Love that journey - best to be done in daylight if possible. Although IIRC you need to get the right route - it is possible to go seriously round the houses - once changed 3 times.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
You can book through SBB/CFF website too. And it's the same price even if you book on a day of travel or well in advance. The new timetable (from mid-December) should be up soon.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
TICKET FINE WARNING.

Folks, when you book your train tickets make sure you book from Zürich Flughafen (Airport) to St. Anton am Arlberg

& NOT from

Zürich HB ( Main Station) to St. Anton am Arlberg.

I have seen many people fined (between the Airport & Main Station) for not having the correct the ticket which is now an on the spot 190 Swissfrancs + the ticket difference.

Swiss Railways has tightned up on some other rules recently.

Do not "seat squat" either (Bags, feet on seats) you can now be fined for that as well Very Happy

It is no longer possible to buy tickets on the train from the conductor.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Yeah, a couple of years ago I only bought tickets from HBF and back, then halfway back to the airport the inspector (Blakey) checked our tickets and fined us 30 euros. Out of about 12 journeys this was the only time we've seen an inspector on the train to the airport, sods law!!
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
stanton wrote:
TICKET FINE WARNING.

Folks, when you book your train tickets make sure you book from Zürich Flughafen (Airport) to St. Anton am Arlberg

& NOT from

Zürich HB ( Main Station) to St. Anton am Arlberg.

But from Zurich HB it is possible to buy ticket to St.Anton from just 19 eur., compare with 40 eur. from Zurich Airport.
It is necessary to buy addition ticket from Airport to Zurich HB for 8 or 10 SFr.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Einari78,

It is just an info heads up for folks.

Things have really tightend up over the last 18months.

Even the Swiss are complaining!!!

So be careful.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Booked ours yesterday via OEBB from Munich Franz Josef to St Anton for January week, 48€ return each - brilliant. Very Happy
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy