Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski which might bite back?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Can anyone help? (Another 'which ski' question, I know, I'm sorry)
Choice of skis down to 2 following testing at Castleford. I know most of you blokes may not have tried ladies skis, but hopefully you'll be able to offer generic advice on which ski will help advance my skiing the fastest (I started venturing into bumps and off piste a bit last year)

Should I buy Burnin' Luv, a ski which I found to be stable, able to do pretty much what I asked of it, and is marketed/ reviewed as being reasonable in most conditions and will hopefully respond wherever I want it to. However, when I first tried it, I didn't feel it was anything special, but then did like more with time.

Or should I get Volkl Attiva 5, which quite simply made me smile Very Happy both times I've tried it. But I'm concerned it might start biting back if I lose concentration/get tired.

I'm not sure which will advance my skiing the most; a ski I will feel confident with in all conditions, or one which really forces me to concentrate on technique. Any thoughts?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
libby, Libby, welcome!

Personally, I go for option 2. But I like a challenge. The Burnin' Luvs get good reviews but IMHO it's tricky to go wrong on Volkls. Whatever makes you smile...!!!
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
libby,

Welcome to Snowheads.

I don't know the skis personally but would think the ski that gives you more smiles will do you the most good.
If it does indeed bite back them it is very probably a repsonse to something you have down wrong and is therefore teaching you.

But then again if you are quite happy with what you do and want more of the same then the least offensive skis that works will do.

I would keep demoing them both and maybe others and bear in mind that Castleford isn't much of test bed as opposed to the alpes. Then take this knowledge and try and get the same in the mountains and chose the best performer. This last idea might only work if you have that type of choice in your resort. If this doesn't sound a workable idea I, personally would take the more challengeing ski as long as you can ski it well enough in some circumstances, ie, it doesn't dump you everytime you ski it..!!
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
libby, I think JT, expresses my sentiments better than I. I second them.

IMHO, there are few badly made skis these days. The problem is fitting them to the skier. I like a challenge, so I tend to go with what makes me smile when it works and tumble gracefully when it doesn't.

If you prefer the easier life and I get the sensation that (as far as skiiings concerned) you don't, then go for the Volkls.

EVEN BETTER, wait till you get to resort and try a few different pairs to work out what really suits...
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
option 2 - the ski that makes you smile. If you can't make mistakes with it, it won't let you be lazy, thus improving technique.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Yep, all these upto a point, but it needs to be enough in your skiing zone not to tire you out all day every day. It wants to be forgiving enough to let you have lazy-ish day as well IMO. It doesn't sound like the Volkl was too much ski tho' so my inclinatioon would be a ski of that standard and FUNNESS.... Laughing
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Option 2
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy