Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

BCA Float Recall Oct 2013

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
BCA Float Trigger Voluntary Recall

I have just seen this, I don't have the official information yet for the UK market, however will update as soon as I do.

http://www.backcountryaccess.com/2013/10/14/safety-alert-float-trigger-voluntary-recall/

If you got a Float from me at Snowshepherd give me a shout and will advise what to do.

Copy from BCA site below:
Quote:
We are conducting a trigger upgrade on all Float packs sold into the marketplace during the 2011-2012 and 2012-2013 seasons. Please see the attached Safety Alert for details.

This trigger update includes the Float 30, 18, 36, 22, 32 and Throttle. The Float 30 with T-handle is not included. Owners of Float 30 packs with cone-shaped handles should contact us for instructions at warranty@backcountryaccess.com. The upgraded trigger assembly is standard on all 2013-2014 airbags and utilizes a hex crimp instead of an E-clip as a retention solution.

We have found on a very few number of packs that the E-clip, which holds the cable assembly together, can accidentally become dislodged while connecting or disconnecting the compressed air cylinder. If this happens, the pack may not deploy properly. While the probability of this occurring is extremely low, we believe it is best to replace the entire assembly. To order your Trigger Upgrade Kit please click here.

To order by e-mail, please contact info@backcountryaccess.com and provide your first name, last name, shipping address, and the model of pack you are upgrading. Once your order is placed, you will receive your upgrade kit within two weeks.

BCA’s mission is to save lives, not just sell products. Your safety—and your loyalty—are our top priorities. If you have any questions or concerns please feel free to call or e-mail us directly.

Have a fun and safe winter season!

To learn more about his voluntary recall situation please visit Trigger Upgrade Page. You can also call BCA at 303-417-1345 or shoot us an email at info@backcountryaccess.com.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
livetoski, thanks for posting this up. Very useful information so I know to get mine sorted out for this season.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hi
I have just received an email Via Sportpursuit informing me of the recall as above and what to do. I have pasted the email below.

BCA - FLOAT TRIGGER VOLUNTARY RECALL

Dear BCA Float owner,

We will be conducting a voluntary trigger upgrade on all Float packs sold into the marketplace during

the 2011-2012 and 2012-2013 seasons. Please see the attached documents for details.

We have found on a very few number of packs that the E-clip that holds the cable assembly together

can accidentally become dislodged while connecting or disconnecting the compressed air cylinder. If

this happens, the pack may not deploy properly. While the probability of this occurring is extremely

low, we believe it is best to replace the entire assembly.

This trigger update includes the Float 30, 18, 36, 22, 32 and Throttle. The Float 30 with a large

T-handle is not included. Owners of Float 30 packs with small T-handles or Disc-Triggers should

contact us for instructions at 08000 323505. (Please see the Float 30 reference page for details.)

To order your Trigger Upgrade Kit please send a mail at info@anatom.co.uk Please provide your first

name, last name, shipping address, and the model of pack you are upgrading.

BCA’s mission is to save lives, not just sell products. Your safety—and your loyalty—are our top

priorities.

If you have any questions or concerns please feel free to call or e-mail us directly.

mail: info@anatom.co.uk

phone: 08000 323505

Have a fun and safe winter season!
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy