Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Flachau(winkl), Maria Alm or Wagrain for family half-term hol?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Got lots of good advice last time I posted so thought I would try my luck again...

So, which of these resorts would you plump for?

Priorities are a) convenience - need minimal walking as have a three and five year old. That's my top priority b) really nice ski kindergarten/ creche for non German-speaking kids c) something for granny to do (not necessarily loads), as she may be coming with us . The other stuff (accommodation quality, ski area extent) we are not bothered about.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Not much other than skiing at Flachauwinkl. Flachau itself is a better option. Wagrain is probably your best bet all round depending on where you can get accommodation. The higher part near the Flying Mozart (Kirchboden) has lots of accommodation, the lower part around the centre is more like a small town. The swimming pool is in the Kirchboden area. There are several crèches/ski kindergartens at a variety of areas, all the Erzieherinnen (nursery assistants) will have some English, some will have a lot.All the ski instructors have to have a minimum level of English for teaching, they may be a bit shy when it comes to what they call Small Talk.
I'm sure Maria Alm is just as good as it is a really nice compact place, but I only ski there never taken a group there so I don't know anything about the ski schools as such. I just know Wagrain and Flachau way better as I've taken groups to both.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks so much, that's really helpful. We will rule out flachauwinkl as a destination, then.

Can you recommend any particular ski school for my only-skied-for-a-week 5 year old? 3-year-old's speech can be hard to understand (understatement) so I slightly fear for him in a creche Madeye-Smiley
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Ski school in Wagrain I meant.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Rot-Weiß-Rot or Rudi Huber in Markt (lower part of town) are the ones I know best. But any of the schools will have the same offering to be honest. When you have somewhere to stay let me know where and I can look for the nearest one to your base.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks v much. I had a look at RWR on the web, and it looks good: ta.

Do you think that area will be swamped by holidaying Austrians at that time? I think Oberosterreich and one other region are off that week ...
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Sorry for all the Qs
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Not really, there are plenty of places for people to choose from so they spread out quite well. Some German areas may also be on holiday as will parts of other countries most likely but it never gets as busy as it does in the Fasching holiday or at New Year. And if you have experienced some of the more popular French resorts at Half Term you will be pleasantly surprised by how quickly people spread out across the sking areas. One or two bottlenecks at certain times of the day, but once you have got over them there is a fair area to spread out in. snowHead
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy