Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Any one stayed in Annupuri in Niseko??

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi All,

In the process of trying to find reasonably priced accom in Niseko for Jan and it is turning into bit of nightmare! There are a few places in Annupuri that are close to the lifts but I'm a little concerned that it might be to difficult to get to the main area of Hirafu, ie to get supplies etc. Has anyone stayed in Annupuri and how was it?

I'm not overly keen on partying all night long, so that isnt an issue, however location is.

Cheers

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Mon 14-10-13 16:46; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Easy to access the Niseko United lift system from Annupuri - Niseko Village, Hirafu, Hanazono.

Also very close to Moiwa ski resort.

A choice of restaurants within walking distance of the Annupuri lifts.

Regular bus service from Annupuri to Hirafu.

If you have a car then supplies etc can be bought in Niseko town which is closer than Hirafu and Kutchan.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Yes, I stayed in Annupuri first time I skied Niseko, staying in the Sekka Lodge. Easy access to the lifts, and straightforward to get to Hirafu ski area providing top lifts aren't on wind hold.

Choice of a few restaurants in Annupuri, but it is very quiet compared to Hirafu Village. I wasn't aware that there were any grocery shops in Annupuri, so getting supplies in will need a trip to Hirafu or elsewhere if you have your own transport. Free resort shuttle runs every 30m I think, but it is not a quick journey.

In my other two trips I stayed in Hirafu as Annupuri was just a bit too limited, despite the easy slope access.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks for the info - can you walk to Moiwa from Annupuri? It looks pretty close on the maps that I have seen.

Does anyone know of any "cheaper" car hire options aside from the usual suspects. They all seem to be about £50-70 per day which seems rather steep - and that doesn't include snow tyres! Surely there are rent a wrecks somewhere??
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
BMG, you can't walk as far as I know, but Mike Pow will know for sure. There is a bus between Annupuri, although I think it only runs to/from at the start of the day and the end of the day.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Not certain if you can walk (well, I am sure you can, but don't know how far it is), but it's definitely possible to ski there, it's not uncommon for people to end up in Moiwa instead of Annupuri after skiing the back bowls.

Car hire, did you try Black Diamond? They have some cool 4x4 vans and other cars too I think.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
+1 Jimmer.

You can ski to and from Moiwa from Annupuri, but this is not via a piste. It's through the trees and off-piste.

http://www.nisekoauto.com/
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Is the ski between Moiwa and Annupuri flat, ie can it be done pretty easily or it is a bit of a hassle? We are all good skiers but if its a faff it might not be worth the effort
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Shocked Shocked Shocked IIRC ..rarely faff - more like fluff! Cool
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
BMG wrote:
Is the ski between Moiwa and Annupuri flat, ie can it be done pretty easily or it is a bit of a hassle? We are all good skiers but if its a faff it might not be worth the effort

From Annupuri to Moiwa it's a pole / shuffle / skate / glide through the trees on a relatively flat pitch leaving the Annupuri area close to the bottom of the beginner green run and heading skier's right to Moiwa.

The way back is a different kettle of fish.

You need to leave the Moiwa ski area through the backcountry gate and pole / shuffle / skate / glide / walk to the top of the third bowl. Takes about 5-10 mins.

From there you can ski the trees and traverse left to end up back in Annupuri.

This is unpatrolled, off-piste terrain and the usual safety rules apply - knowledgeable partners, avalanche equipment.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Mike Pow,
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I stayed 2 nights in Annupuri Lodge last January. Very nice place, and has a brilliant cosy little bar. 30 secs walk to the lifts. Annupuri is TOTALLY dead at night, but there are two nice restaurants at least, one French style and one pizza. Not the food you go to Japan for, but still very tasty...
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
we stayed in a chalet in annupuri , and as we had are own car it was a great base , and no trouble to get around , the bus service was good in the day time , but we just used taxi at night if drinking , access to the skiing was great and i liked it better than the main village
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy