Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Stretch Ski Pants

Poster: A snowHead
Where can I buy those stretch ski pants that I see all the French and Spanish wearing? and, does anyone know if they are as warm as sallopettes? Puzzled
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
No, they are not as warm, and unless you're racing, DON'T WEAR THEM!!!

*This advice has come from Tranny & Suzinni
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Snowbird, "stretch ski pants that I see all the French and Spanish wearing"? I must be going to the wrong resorts. I have never tried them myself, but I always thought them serously impractical. No insulation, and no pockets. You might be interested in Warren Millers take on [url=http://www.skitheworld.com/warren's_journal/sex_sells.html] stretch ski pants [/url].
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Snowbird, I'm afraid they're right - don't do stretch ski pants! I've only seen them in traditional family French resorts where they haven't updated their ski wear for the last 20 years......I first ventured onto the slopes about 15 years ago and I had a pair of them - but don't tell anyone! Laughing
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Stril preferable to one-piece Elho or Nevica ski-suits circa 1980.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
I think Prada do thin(ner) ski-trousers than the norm. You can find them in the Snow and Rock catalogue. snowHead
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I bought a pair second hand when I started skiing and loved them. Unfortunately the only similar pair I could find when they wore out cost over 200 quid in Lilywhites. So I made do with some cheaper ones from Debenhams.

I have to disagree with Jonpim - they were stretchy but sort of foamy and I never felt cold in them. And my ski jackets have so many pockets it was nice to have no pockets elswhere to lose things in!
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Thanks for all the advice - think i might save my money and stick to my old faithful sallopettes.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
For the love of god NO! Please men, whatever happens in your life, no matter how good you think your body is, PLEASE don't inflict upon us your lycra clad "tackle". Confused
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Alexandra, lycra clad tackle is OK this season as long as a codpiece is used. Off-piste skiers, especially those who like to ski through the trees are advised to use the Armored or "sausage o' steel" codpiece.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Now this isn't all entirely fair. I remember a group of us in ski lessons sabotaging each other in order to ski behind the very nice Dutch girl and her black stretch pants.

Admitedly there is a quality pre-requisite . . .
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Quote:

lycra clad tackle is OK this season as long as a codpiece is used.
, not to be confused with this, which really will frighten the girls. One plus is: your religion will not be revealed by the tightness of your lycra.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
You'd be wearing these "ski pants" under your trousers, yes?
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Stretch pants? Stretch pants?
(ok ok it's an old model, early to mid '90)
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Matteo, don't let the boarders see that!! Wink
snow conditions
pg Laughing

I used to wear worse things
snow conditions
Shocked
ski holidays
Come to think of it, I still might
ski holidays
Matteo, I'm surprised the Fashion Carabineri haven't cought up with you yet. You're obviosly skiing the wrong resorts.
ski holidays
Just a minute.

I thought so.

Matteo is stalking me!

I've seen those outfits at every European resort I've ever skiied, and there can't be anyone else who dresses like that. Can there?

Laughing
snow report
David@traxvax, my dress code was quite liberal (second from picture left) until 2002, when they finally caught me....I now dress more conservatively, unless tempted...

marc gledhill, of course, I'm everywhere anytime! Wink
ski holidays
Oh, back to the original question, I think that peak performance has stretch pants
back into their catalog
www.peakpermormance.com stretch
ski holidays
Thanks Matteo, since found out that Snow and Rock have them in their catalogue too.
Come on you lot they must be ok they cost £195! NehNeh
latest report
Matteo wrote:
[.... (second from picture left).....

Looks some slope. Where was it?
latest report
Nick Zotov, Mittagstal, a/k/a Val Mesdi', Sella massif, 01/1994...

Snowbird, you're most welcome!
snow conditions
Matteo, Thanks. Got me googling around. Looks impresive - something to add to the wish list.
snow report
Nick Zotov, It's an intermediate difficulty off-piste itinerary by French standard, so the guide told me then.
Scenery is beautiful thought.
See also www.holimites.com , they have a nice screen show of it
snow conditions
Err, they had it, can't find it anymore Sad
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I reckon Snowbird wants those stretch ski pants to keep her husband happy !
ski holidays
Pay no mind to the above boors, Snowbird, there's nothing wrong with style.

(They're just enviously conscious of not having old school technique enough to wear the Meagan skirt, above).
ski holidays
That's just plain wrong......... rolling eyes ...........there's just no helping some people!
snow report
My wife got a pair of stretch ski pants last seaon at theshortskishop.com they were about £70,
noticed they are doing mens ones too.
ski holidays
Bumptastic! Do they do them in processed meat colour?
snow report
An eight year 363 day bump. Is that a record?
snow conditions
wow, didnt see the posting date, ooops
ski holidays
Wow! stretch ski pants were a blast from the past even in 2004! With nice straps to go under your feet? They must be due a comeback.
snow report
pam w,
Quote:

Wow! stretch ski pants

oh dear !!!! 1983 was the last time I am sure that I wore stretch pants Toofy Grin Toofy Grin

PS OK 1983 was the last time I had hair as well, before anyone else adds that comment!
ski holidays
Like most things, if you live long enough they come around several times. I like you way you had this picture at your fingertips, nice skis. Where was this picture taken?
snow conditions
Skis were Pre from the USA resort was Avoriaz, still got the skis and Jacket but not the skin tight racing pants or the BASI nevica jumper Sad
snow conditions
My current ski pants - from Decathlon - are a bit stretchy.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy