Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Tecnica Cochise Light Pro vs Scarpa Maestrale Rs

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi,

I have a crappy old pair of Lange boots and need a new pair.

I am looking at this boot

http://www.snowfit.co.uk/tecnica-cochise-light-pro-dyn.html?gclid=CKqPibnnkboCFeSWtAodXRwAcATecnica%20Cochise%20Light%20Pro%20DYN

Few things, it gets a great reviews but

- the AT soles will they work ok with marker barons? I hear they can be a bit fiddly to setup? Do they ever come with Din soles and then I can purchase the AT soles?

- The dyn fitting appeals as does the weight - eventually I can see me getting a lightweight touring setup, however I would like it to work as an sidecountry boot? It seems a lot tougher than boots in a similar class.

- The other boot that I am looking at is the Scarpa Maestrale Rs but will be spending a lot of time on piste with my family maybe nipping off after lunch for a wee tour or a bit of side country.

I dont really want to lug 2 pairs of boots around so need something tough and light that will do the job.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I've got the standard Cochise 120, and also tried on the RS whilst boot shopping this time last year. RS didn't work for my feet at all, IIRC there was a weird bump in the bottom that pushed my instep up against the top of the clog.

The RS has a much better walk mode. Really easy to get into as the tongue bit flops out sideways. The Cochise is much more like an alpine boot, and presumably skis more like one too. Haven't heard any complaints about how the RS skis though. Durability on the other hand...

I used the Cochise AT soles with barons all last season, it's no problem at all. The bindings are designed to accommodate both types.

If your feet can tolerate them, the RS is probably a better touring boot. If you're only doing short tours and not so often, the Cochise is probably the better choice. Very happy with mine.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
good info, thanks.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
+1

Dukes/Barons/F12's/F10's are designed to work with either AT or alpine boots & the set-up is easy providing you're familiar with the nuances of the binding.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy