Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski stuff in TK MAXX

Poster: A snowHead
gixxerniknik, could be lack of breathability rather than water-resistance. Does it happen in dry weather too?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Bought myself a Volkl Jacket in Leicester the other week at TK, quite a few other Volkl jackets in
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Uxbridge store has got a fair bit in - inc small Protec helmets at £25, various jackets and trousers, and small/medium Dakine gloves cheap.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Whoyton1 wrote:
Just bought an amazing Maier jacket RRp of £230 down to £89, by the sounds of it you an find some real good stuff in there!

Not according to the Ch4 Dispatches investigation that was on last night.
They stated that the TKmax RRP was often false in an effort to make products appear to be heavily discounted when in fact they are far from it. And that brands often made a cheaper version of the retail versions of their clothes to be specifically sold in their stores at a lower price.

Of course there are some genuine bargains but there aren't many. Remember if something appears to be too good to be true....it often is.

The show is available on demand, worth a watch.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Corduroy, buggrr, I was aiming to watch that show. Will have to do the online catch up thing, if it lets me.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
TKmax have lost their way and appear to have forgotten their original business model.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
AndAnotherThing.., they have nothing but rubbish in my local one. I usually havbe a trip to the one in Gateshead but haven't been this year.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Look at the label, if it says "past season" there is a good chance that it's a genuine item reduced. If it says something else then chances are it's like shopping in a Next Clearance place where most of the stuff was made specifically to be sold in there.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
[quote="Corduroy"]
Whoyton1 wrote:
And that brands often made a cheaper version of the retail versions of their clothes to be specifically sold in their stores at a lower price.

Sounds a good way for a brand to trash its reputation to me!
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
I didn't see the TKM docu, but have been wary of some of their no name/obscure foreign brand gear for a long time. If you keep with top end brands where you have a good idea of it's RRP, you should be OK.

Icebreaker and smartwool are usually a good buy at TKM, should they appear. Madeye-Smiley

Last edited by Ski the Net with snowHeads on Tue 10-12-13 21:38; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Bought a nice Volkl jacket in TK for £69,bargain for a really comfortable of this quality. Very Happy
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Yup, got a cracking Smartwool mid/outer jacket from Takky a few weeks ago
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Spyder and Killy jackets in the elgin branch...
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Few Halti jackets in Merry Hill yesterday, all priced at £99.99, mid blue & lime green.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Bought an Icebreaker women's long sleeved Realfleece Cascade Hood 260 for £69.99 at TKM last week. RRP on label £183.93, but on Icebreaker website at £160. Either way, a bargain!
ski holidays
There was quite a lot of Icebreaker mid layers in the Covent Garden branch last week, but it was all still quite pricey. I did wonder whether the hoodie priced at £150 was ever really RRP £250...
latest report
boac, nothing anywhere close to that price on the Icebreaker website.
snow report
Hells Bells, haven't been to the team valley one but metro centre had quite a lot in. Just bought myself a lovely jacket
ski holidays
There are some great offers to be found at the moment. I am sorted for clothing and gloves, but I am certainly tempted...
ski holidays
Hells Bells wrote:
AndAnotherThing.., they have nothing but rubbish in my local one. I usually havbe a trip to the one in Gateshead but haven't been this year.

Same with ours. In the past they have been excellent with some really nice stuff from some less well known brands. At the moment it's either XXL tat or occasional good stuff that better than full price.
snow conditions
Mollerski wrote:
I didn't see the TKM docu, but have been wary of some of their no name/obscure foreign brand gear for a long time.

And you'd be right to. That gear is TKmaxx own brand. The doc listed around 25 own brand names with HUGE RRPs
ski holidays
Regent Rd, Salford TK Maxx had some dainese helmets for £19.99, along with POC helmets at £64.99, which i thought was a bargain considering the cost of POC in S&R!
Lots of Dakine gloves, Gordini, Tresspass etc if anyone is interested!
snow conditions
You need to go for kit with a high MM rating, if you look at the labels on the gear it should say Waterproof/Breathable to 5000mm ect basically the higher this number the better the gear is at keeping water out and letting moisture from your sweat out.

As a general rule i always go for kit with 10000mm or higher rating and have never got wet. Very Happy

A couple of years ago i got top of the line Ripcurl sallopettes with RECCO and super high waterproof/breathable rating of 15000mm for £25 at TK max, you have to search for the bargains but its worth it Madeye-Smiley
snow report
Is Hyra stuff any good? There is a nice looking jacket in my local Takky maxx for £79 allegedly down from £279. It seems pretty decent 15,000 / 8,000 quoted on the label. Worth a punt?
snow report
Schnee42, I was looking at HYRA salopettes, they seemed ok. £80 is good value if it keeps you dry and warm.
ski holidays
The OH just bought Jnr 2 pairs of billabong pants (size age 16) for £15 each from TK Maxx in Bletchley. Waterproof 8k according to the label.
snow report
Schnee42, Have got a Hyra racetech jacket which is fine, its been used for skiing, offshore sailing and everyday wear for 2 years now and is still going strong.
snow conditions
My local TKmaxx had smith variant brim helmets in stock today at £60..... good price for a great looking helmet!
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Quote:

Bought a nice Volkl jacket in TK for £69,bargain for a really comfortable of this quality.

+1
latest report
Bargains in the Liverpool city centre store today. Two, yes two, KillTech jackets a bargain at £349 (each) Shocked
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy