Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski Amadé and Super Salzburg Pass - Snow Report 2013/14

Poster: A snowHead
kooky, glad to have been of service Very Happy I'm recovering nicely - only having to use my typing fingers. Hopefully some more powder before the season is out.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Is Austria closed yet ?
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
völlig geschlossen mein Freund
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Timberwolf, fageralm closes on 21st. Ange.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
flangesax, still got the last moonlight ski tour on the 15th to get through Wink Will be a good one Madeye-Smiley
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
flangesax, thanks mate. Definitely want to take the gang up there. My favourite little hill Happy
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Timberwolf, It was in amazing nick last week except for the last schuss down to the car park. Masses of snow too, more than when we were there at the beginning of February. Best day's skiing I'd had in a very long time. Cool snowHead
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.

http://youtube.com/v/UPoVfSETJy4

^^ The Planai video without audio for those in the UK. The original above has been blocked in the UK for some reason.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
AndAnotherThing.., must have been all that wood on show wink
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
kooky, lol ! Toofy Grin
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
hot, hot , hot. What difference to a week ago. Had a pleasant early summer walk yesterday, passed a few lower slopes that looked in ace condition. Locally in Schladming the link between Hochwurzen and Reiteralm is now closed and the bunny slopes at Rohrmoos area, normally the first to go, not really a big deal other than for complete beginners. Avi reports make good reading, between 1 and 2, reports of good powder snow still on shady north facing slopes above tree line, so time to get touring.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
First ski today since last week's powder, back to spring skiing. Did a couple of hours this afternoon @ Reiteralm. What fantastic piste conditions, creamy, smooth and empty. absolute hero carving conditions. Quite amazing considering it's been in the low +20s in the valleys and +10 or so at 2000m and unbroken sunshine. I guess with such light skier traffic the piste aren't getting bumped up plus have been freezing overnight. Don't think I've ever skied such easy and enjoyable piste, all the way to 750m I might add.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
waynos, I was at Reiteralm a few days ago, and the runs down to to the Silver Jet & Preunegg Jet looked to be on their last legs.

The #3 piste to Planet Planai is definitely on its last leg, and if the representative answered my question correctly, they are not going to push snow over it. ("We don't have anymore snow".) The #1 down to the 6-er was looking a little ragged as well, but I think that can be maintained for a few more days.

At Hauser Kaibling, the run down to the gondola seems to still be going strong, but the one on the side has been closed. H-K seems to have a good but of snow up top, so they should be able to push snow around for another week or so, if they choose.

Oh well, if I can make it through Apr 7, I'll be satisfied.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
swampwiz wrote:
waynos, I was at Reiteralm a few days ago, and the runs down to to the Silver Jet & Preunegg Jet looked to be on their last legs.

Wasn't that bad, the preunegg piste was in great shape, a tiny bit of brown snow on the east facing section. I've seen it in far worse state, but the lower bit has only been there 3 or 4 seasons and they seem to have got better at managing the snow. The silver jet run is now closed, quite often a ropey piste. SunJet closed too on Hochwurzen - catches a lot of sun that one.

Skied Planai this afternoon, awesome for fast carving on completely empty piste, soft and creamy again. Skied down the night race piste into town, just a white strip to the far, skiers, right, though the brown snow was still skiabe with care. I think this only has a few days left, shame as that means no return to town skiing. Really is quite amazing how well the piste hold up in the warmth, especially considering the low snowfall this season. Also so so so few skiers around, i'm not not complaining. I do need to get out in the morning for a little off piste spring snow.

A little sign of snow for the 9th, a long way off, http://www.bergfex.at/schladming-planai/wetter/berg/

A little brown snow.

Just below mid station and still looking good.

snow report
waynos, Thanks for those pics. Yes, they did really well this season, keeping the pistes in great shape. Roll on December for us.
snow conditions
10cm + of fresh 'proper' snow at Flachau today. Some nice creamy corn on the valley run, Then multiple beers on the sun terrace this afternoon. What's not I like ?
latest report
Timberwolf, Sounds perfect. Enjoy. We are having to make do with booking flights for next winter. Toofy Grin
snow report
Timberwolf, <sigh>
snow conditions
Timberwolf, fabulous. Enjoy!
ski holidays
More fresh snow on Planai today, and almost everything above mid station is skiing beautifully.
snow conditions
Timberwolf, Looks great on the webcams. Could have done with some of that in March.
snow report
I was getting fresh tracks in the forest in Zauchensee yesterday, but today the snow was a lot heavier. Still losing sight of my boots in the fresh fall at times though Cool
latest report
Leaving Saalbach tomorrow after a week and I have to say conditions have been fine. The mid week snow has helped and yesterday we found some untracked powder which was great. Definitely going to come back here next year but a lot earlier, Feb half term, not going to risk the Easter break again, it could have been a disaster.
snow conditions
RedorDead, is 3 weeks earlier next year, whereas the UK's Feb Half Term clashes with an awful lot of other countries and it will be rammed! Easter is always a good time to find empty pistes and good snow! wink
latest report
My favourite little hill today, Fageralm. Now, I normally have rose-tinted goggles when it comes to skiing, but even though all runs except the valley run were complete, the snow was pants. It was just too warm, so the snow was wet and grippy. Let's hope the altitude and aspect of Flachau helps us out for our last day tomorrow Very Happy
snow conditions
Timberwolf, You need black graphite flourinated wax with a good coat of Zardoz. Doesn't half help lube up your sticks Shocked
latest report
ScarpaTheAvalanchePoodle, you can wax my sticks anytime
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Timberwolf, I love Fageralm too. Hope Flachau is good for you tomorrow....give it my love xx
snow conditions
Timberwolf, Great to meet up earlier in the week, should have met again but time seems to be in fast forward around here. We should agree to disagree about Fageralm, can't stand the lifts personally, but nice quiet hill when it's busy elsewhere - which it isn't at the moment. Skied Hochwurzen with Waynos Jnr yesterday, just 2 lifts open, the new 10 man gondola and a chairlift, accessing about 5 or 6 runs and about 800m vert. Piste in great spring shape, no more than 20 skiers on the hill, bliss.

Yesterday

A little snowfall this morning higher up and a little blast of winter forecast from Monday evening. Hopefully some powder turns to finish the season off.
latest report
waynos, I hope that snow arrives by tomorrow! It´s the last Moonlight tour and apparently we have a 700meter hike up through the mud to reach the snow line, which could prove interesting for the ski down at midnight after a few beers Shocked
snow report
kooky, Is that 700m vert or distance? Snow due this evening, so hopefully some nice skiing tomorrow.
snow conditions
ScarpaTheAvalanchePoodle, kooky, Good luck with the tour. Sounds like you will need wellies !
latest report
I spent this morning hitting spring snow off the Garden at Zauch. Saw one other person all route and that was a telemarker.
snow report
ScarpaTheAvalanchePoodle, hello smoochypoo <3 fancy a day digging me out of tree wells tomorrow, looks like a powder day if Bergfex is to be believed Madeye-Smiley
waynos, 700m distance! I am going to hike the first bit, some are talking about driving up to the mid station but I love me a bit of dirt and mud Smile BTW, LB is joining me tomorrow for the morning if you or the missus want to hook up, Gamskogel lift at 9, looks EPIC…sorryAndAnotherThing.., wink
snow report
kooky, I've told my powder pup I'll take him out locally, see how things pan out at the 6:30am roll call.
snow conditions
waynos, sounds good! I will check the cams too, this will be the last powder day we need to get the co ordinates right wink
latest report
kooky, I have a shovel with your name on it; took ages to paint 'kooky wooky' on the damned thing Little Angel
snow conditions
ScarpaTheAvalanchePoodle, it was supposed to be "kookykins" rolling eyes I hate you, die in a tree well
ski holidays
kooky, smoochypoo? SMOOCHYPOO?????
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy