Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

St Anton & Ischgl Accom

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi folks,
Heading to St Anton and Ischgl for a couple of weeks and I've found two reasonably priced B&Bs; Hotel Patteriol (St Anton) and Hotel Garni Dorfblick (Ischgl). They both seem legit, but both are asking for a cash payment in resort and Patteriol is requesting a large deposit by european monetary transfer. I'm always a bit dubious when I can't pay by credit card so that it's covered. Has anyone been to either of these places who could offer some reassuring messages that I'm not handing over my money to some dodgy bloke in the middle of spain (http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=93017).

Cheers snowHead
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
A lot of smaller places in StA still only take cash, though they are getting fewer. I have not experienced a request for a deposit. Are you booking a large number of rooms?

I have never stayed at the Patteriol, so cannot offer any insights there. Perhaps call or email the Tourist Office info@stantonamarlberg.com and get their opinion.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Booking 3 double rooms at the Patteriol, and they are asking for nearly half the money as deposit Shocked

Good shout with the tourist office though, I'll fire off an email to them.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
We travel to ischgl often and have had to pay half by bank transfer up front. And the rest in cash. Credit cards in hotels are not the norm. Sometimes if you book via the tourist office they will take a card as deposit. But you pay a foreign loading on that via the cc company.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
If you are actually booking with the hotel rather than a scam a site I would say there is no problem. I have stayed in appartments in the Ischgl area for a few years and they have always asked for cash deposits and I never have had any problem. Once you have stayed at the same place a couple of times they trust you and don't require a deposit but we always pay in cash on departure.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
FYI the tourist office confirmed Patteriol is the real deal. I didn't realise that so many places still didn't accept card payment in Austria. I've only really stayed in larger hotels before in Austria, and almost everywhere seems to accept card in France. Or at least the places I've been to have. Thanks folks. snowHead
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I've been staying in the same B&B in Ischgl for nigh on twenty years. Had to pay a deposit for first the couple of years but not thereafter. In the early years it was cash only and is still their preferred option but they do accept cards. Don't know the Dofrblick but there are so many B&Bs in Ischgl its impossible to know them all but it looks legitimate enough.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
BTW: The write-ups on TripAdvisor are really positive. http://www.tripadvisor.com.au/Hotel_Review-g608676-d2461022-Reviews-Hotel_Patteriol-St_Anton_am_Arlberg_Tirol_Austrian_Alps.html How much you believe what is on TripAdvisor is another thing.

The only downside might be that it is a little distance away from the lifts, along a footpath that can get quite icy, ie walking down to the Galzigbahn / Rendlbahn in ski boots might be entertaining. There are free ski bus lines that pass by the property, but not sure how close it is the a bus stop.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
We did check out a few places in St Anton, and ideally we would be a little closer to the Galzigbahn, but at least it'll be quiet up the hill a bit. We can also store our gear at the Galzig, so we only have to walk back up the hill in normal boots.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy